The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Goblin Raids  (Read 887 times)

Ravemore

Goblin Raids
« on: July 16, 2015, 03:39:18 am »
A patrol from Fort Llast was ambushed while on a routine long range patrol near the borders of the Goblin Wastelands. The battle was short, but fierce. The raiding party was estimated at about 50 in strength and two soldiers were slain before the attack was beat back.Scouts from Hlint have also reported increased activity much closer to the town than is usually seen. One caravan has not made it to Hlint as scheduled and is presumed lost. Alicia Nefzen, Commander of the Hlint defense has put up a 500 True reward for information on the lost caravan, but has expressed the towns desire not to have any forces or troops based inside their walls. Large mercenary companies or other military units will be turned away at their gates. // This is a static quest and it has been placed in-game. Feel free to use this thread for RP/Forum posts. Significant posting will also be rewarded at the conclusion of the quest. Use caution, it can be a tough one if you are solo. This is geared for a strong party of mid-level PC’s 10-20th. The soul mother is active and a balanced group is advised. You have been warned. Rewards have been placed in game as well. Higher level PC groups may run through with no problems, so if you want a challenge and good XP, forgo the super epic characters... but accept the consequences.Good luck! PS - DO NOT sneak in invisibly and steal the quest rewards. You will be punished if you do so in a creative and not-so pleasant manner. At the conclusion of the quest, please send me a private message and let me know what loot you found to confirm fair play.-Rave

The following users thanked this post: mixafix, swoop, Dorax Windsmith, Acacea, davidhoff, willhoff

silverblades

*Sibbicai reports to
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 05:10:22 am »

*Sibbicai reports to Commander Nefzen was was seen while sneaking past the goblin mine entrance on his way into Hlint.*

At least 20 or so Goblins milling around the entrance to Redlight mines.  They looked to be a pack of angry ants vacating their hole in search of food! he explains..I can barely take one out.. let alone that many.. you had better get some help down here ASAP.!

There can be only One.

Ravemore

Commander Nefzen is very
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 11:08:55 am »

Commander Nefzen is very concerned at this news. The authorities in Hlint increase their offered reward to 1,000 true in the hope of attracting suitable resources to deal with the goblin menace. Part time militia are activated to beef up the town's defensive positions and ammunition stockpiles are moved to the palisade walls.

mixafix

A notice is postedThis is a
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 12:59:18 pm »

A notice is posted

This is a potential tragedy in the making! what we need is a citizens army. I propose like minded individuals gather at the old camp fire near the goblin caves ready to take action as numbers dictate. Caravans trading goods are the very life blood of society and we cannot allow these attacks on honest merchants to continue. The reward is of little consequence but gratefully received though we must act because we need to act.

For the duration of the crises heavily discounted enchantments and arrows will be made available to the volunteers.

Thorn Thistletoe  of Thistle Traders

//hope to be on tomorrow around 10 am UK /5 am NYork time if no one delivers justice prior to then

Xaltotun

Brushing up his skills,
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 04:07:35 pm »

Brushing up his skills, Sigurd Stronginthearmsson goes collecting copper with a view to making some armours and weapons. After a brief tussle with the goblin patrolling the heights outside Hlint, he made his way into the Red Goblin caves.

He was expecting light resistance on his way to the depths, but he ran into so much more. The goblins must have had enormous reinforcements for they were hanging from the walls there were so many. Sigurd paused to think on his best tactic faced by overwhelming numbers, so in true fashion, he smacked his head, shouted to the roof and charged the heaving mass of the flower of goblinhood and tore his way into them. Wave after wave came at him, but his forward progress was irresistable, and eventually he found himself not far from the end of the tunnels. He only had time for a brief breath of air as the goblins threw their last champions against him and a mighty fight it was. 

Finally he was done... bleeding from a hundred wounds and sporting more bruises than an over-ripe peach, but he stood victorious and looked upon a small bag, buried beneath a sea of dead.

"I wonder what can be inside this," he thought. Then he wondered if he should report this to Alicia Nefzen in Hlint...

//pm sent to Ravemore

//and sorry if I've upset the game. I was only gathering copper ores to start making armours and weapons and ran into the most awful fight-fest it has ever been my pleasure to come out of alive :).  A brilliant idea Ravemore so set it up again please and give others a go at it and apologies for not noticing this thread before I went in-game.

Ravemore

//LOL. No problem. I have
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2015, 04:18:00 pm »

//LOL. No problem. I have plenty of other quests up my sleeve. We'll conclude this one and I'll start working on a new one. Stay tuned for a post to tie this one up. I'll look for you in game for the granting of reward.

Everyone else that posted to this thread, you also will receive some award. If I see you... or if you see me in game give me a shout.

-Rave

swoop

//Nice work! Q was going to
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2015, 04:55:52 pm »

//Nice work! Q was going to go check it out in a few hours when I get home from work since he has a huge hatred for goblins. Can't wait for the next one, thanks Ravemore!

anything