The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Goldwin Blacknight - Life of a Hero  (Read 252 times)

Anamnesis

Goldwin Blacknight - Life of a Hero
« on: October 16, 2008, 01:43:46 pm »
It is with the greatest of sadness that I write this letter to inform all those who knew Goldwin Blacknight, of his passing. He died as he lived protecting the innocent and less fortunate. He died saving the life of a child. There can be no greater sacrifice given, than a life given to save another.

I write to tell you of his courageous spririt, of his giving heart. Of a friend who will be missed and never forgotten. He always offered to help where he could, and protect those he loved with a understanding that his life was lived for more than just the trivial possesions, but to help those who needed him to become better people.

I am one of those who became better for knowing him and I will never forget my treasured friend.

Goldwin Blacknight will be sorely missed, walk always in the light Goldwin Blacknight.

With a deep respect and fond friendship,
 ~Elohanna Dawnstar
Elohanna Min A'Litae, Priestess of Aeridin
Breanna Shadowraven, Wizard/Rogue of Folian S'pae
Cord, Bard of Ilsare
Melaa A'nadivian, Ranger of Folian S'pae

Harlas Ravelkione

Re: Goldwin Blacknight - Life of a Hero
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 02:02:32 am »
* A second poster is added below. *

Brace yourself, Dorand! Here arrives one of your greatest servants - one of the greatest crafters throughout the ages!

Welcome him!

lonnarin

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 02:12:42 pm »
He was a brother of the faith in the highest regard.  Never did he fear or falter in the face of the enemy when there were natural resources to be had and crafting to be done.  Truly this lad, along with Takarth, be shining examples of the human spirit, and how it can be honed and forged as stalwart as any dwarf, with skills to match.  He, along with Ozy and myself, have donated finished goods to the tune of upwards of 3 million true in value over the years, our church thanks him for his generosity and his vision.  Truly a paragon of the craft.  Ye will be sorely missed Goldwin, yet where you be we know that there will be only the finest forges, anvils and mithral smithing hammers that never break in Dorand's Eternal Crafthall.  Keep the forge burning for me Goldwin, we will craft together again in the afterlife when all is said and done... and there's a whole lot of crafting to squeeze in during an eternity.

-Bjornigar Ironguts, Defender of Dorand

*pours a tankard onto the anvil for him*

Alatriel

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 06:57:30 pm »
He died to save my son, and for that our family will always be eternally grateful.  

Alatriel

Makashi

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 03:37:17 am »
*After hearing the news G'ork travels to the thunder valley crossroads just starring into the flames of the campfire for several hours, occasionally looking up into the peaks*

Chazzler

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2008, 07:46:28 am »
*Chakar sees one of these notes somewhere, and sighs deeply*

anything