The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Life And Love - Elohanna and Andrew's Wedding  (Read 418 times)

Anamnesis

Life And Love - Elohanna and Andrew's Wedding
« on: October 03, 2011, 01:56:58 pm »
//Invitations go across the lands inviting all to celebrate the wedding of Elohanna and Andrew. If you have more than one character who would like to participate, please feel free to. I may have missed some in the invite list without intending to so all those who feel they have a reason to come are invited. Moraken, Bra'car, Sister Moonriver, Father Leidanos, as well as Plenarious have all been sent invites as well. Incase DM's would like to involve them in the event.

Elohanna Min A'Litae, Priestess of Aeridin
Breanna Shadowraven, Wizard/Rogue of Folian S'pae
Cord, Bard of Ilsare
Melaa A'nadivian, Ranger of Folian S'pae

The following users thanked this post: cbnicholson, Lance Stargazer, Riven

Anamnesis

Re: Life And Love - Elohanna and Andrew's Wedding
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 10:30:58 am »
//postponed until October 25th to allow some others to participate also updated on the calendar.
Cord, Bard of Ilsare

Chazzler

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 08:05:53 am »
//Just a FYI, the date on the calendar event is correct, but it seems the time posted into the event is 9pm EDT (vs. 7pm EDT)

Anamnesis

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2011, 11:55:03 am »
for clarity sake this even should start at
6pm cst/7pm est on October 25th, 2011
Cord, Bard of Ilsare

RollinsCat

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 09:37:26 am »
Preparations are going on in Hlint.  People are arriving from as far as Huangjin.  The West Gate is being decorated.

Andrew has no idea what's going on and only hopes he doesn't arrive late and his tailor is finished with the suit on time...

Anamnesis

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 07:26:15 am »
Those arriving to Hlint see the simple preparations being made by the florest, roses the color of blood mixed with golden tulips are scattered along the ground leading up the western gate. There is much speculation as to why this spot has been chosen but the survivors of the tragedy at Hlint know the story behind it.

A nervous bride is seen coming and going from inside the Wild Surge Inn, searching for little bits and pieces of thread as she looks over the details of her gown, trying to make sure everything is perfect. She is seen coming and going looking for Quantum, Melody and Alazira, asking if anyone has seen them.
Cord, Bard of Ilsare

cbnicholson

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 08:07:47 am »
Daniel, already arrived, spots Elohanna checking the surrounds and approaches, "Lady Elohanna, I have not heard word from any of those you seek, but know that if needed, I would be honored to performed the ceremony for you and Andrew." He stands patiently next to her, offering his presence as a calming balm to her nervousness.
"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face." 

Oscar Wilde

RollinsCat

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2011, 09:57:32 am »
A soft contralto."Sir, stop fidgeting."

"I am not fidgeting."

"Yes, you are, and I can't pin this hem if you keep shaking your leg like that."

A deep breath followed by humming.

"Begging pardon, sir, but you must be nervous."

"Of course not, I'm merely excited by the prospect of my nuptials."

"Mmmhmm."

Shuffling, rustling cloth.

"What."

"Sir?"

"You have that look."

"I'm not sure I follow, sir.  Turn."

"That look you women get when you don't believe what you're hearing but you're too polite to say so."

"I'm trying to get this hem straight, sir."

"No, I know that look."

"Really, sir, I'm only doing my job."

"Look, just say it, whatever it is."

"You don't want to hear it."

"Yes I do."  The baritone voice is a little petulant.

A sigh.  "Sir, I've hemmed a few grooms in my day.  You are flexing your hands, shaking your leg, and humming enough to make me mad in the head.  You've nitpicked every color and every stitch just to distract yourself.  You are nervous.  Scared, even.  Nothing to be ashamed of sir, you're in the majority of men about to take a wife."

"Hm."

The contralto lowers.  "I knew you didn't want to hear it..."

Anamnesis

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2011, 10:33:35 am »
She gives Daniel a hug grateful for his presence, smiling at him.

"Daniel I would be honored if would, if for some reason Alazira can't make it she said she would though. She promised.

"It should be simple, everything has to be perfect. I haven't heard from the caterers yet only the flowers have arrived. What will Andrew's parents think if it isn't perfect. Quantum has to be here Daniel, and Melody said she would sing for us. We should have eloped! '

She begins biting her lip and returning to pace outside the inn.
Cord, Bard of Ilsare

cbnicholson

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2011, 10:49:22 am »
Daniel furrows his brow, watching her pace.  Suddenly he grins, "You know, Lady Elohanna,  the fish are biting in the pond here. I think I will try to catch a few, care to join me? "

Oscar Wilde

Anamnesis

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2011, 11:39:02 am »
She stops pacing and smiles at him again. "I would love to."
Cord, Bard of Ilsare

cbnicholson

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2011, 11:45:34 am »
"Excellent.  I shall even handle the fish for you as to avoid spoiling your dress." As they fish, Daniel tries to keep the conversation light and off the topic of her upcoming wedding.

Oscar Wilde

Anamnesis

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2011, 12:14:34 pm »
Enjoying the time with him, she speaks softly as she sits down on a small blanket and prepares his hook for him, with practiced hands.

"You know you remind me so much Daniel." Her smile bright as she remembers the time they spent together.

"He would listen to me, tell me the truth, he was always kind and understanding. I remember sitting under the tree's at the great lake of glass and I knew he listened with an open heart. You are so different, yet so much the same Daniel."
Cord, Bard of Ilsare

cbnicholson

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2011, 12:41:57 pm »
Daniel sets his pole down on the bank, appearing thoughtful.  "I miss him as well, Lady Elohanna.  In many ways he was more a father and mentor to me than my actual father.  He visited myself often in Vehl during my training and he always spoke of his adventures in terms that made each of them seem utterly new and not nearly the hardships I know them now to be.  You speak of us, myself and my namesake, as being alike.  I believe we are as well, but our starting points were very different, but the Gold has led us to very similiar places." Daniel smiles then points at her line which is being pulled into the pond. "You may want to pull back lest you loose your hook, line, sinker, and pole, M'lady."

Oscar Wilde

Anamnesis

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2011, 04:26:14 pm »
She pulls on the line tugging it closer so that Daniel can grab it. "Daniel, if Quantum can not make it, will you stand with me?" She asks softly.
Cord, Bard of Ilsare

RollinsCat

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2011, 04:41:43 pm »
He's going to be late.  The road ahead is flat, the ground hard enough to resist ruts and clots.  Loosening the reins, he sings a spell and gives Allegro his head; the stallion always seems to enjoy when his master sings the speed song on him.  In another life, the big grey would have been a racer, of this the bard is sure.

No time to finish anything, the song he started only half written, no present for his bride to be, late from the tailors and already there is a tear at the bottom of his long coat from a wayward nail - he should be frantic.  And yet, all that matters is that he arrives, and that they marry.  The rest of it?  Pff.  He doesn't need gifts, or decorations, or fancy words, or anything but she and he and his priestess and their witnesses, all fifty thousand of them if the length of the guest list was any indication.

No, wait - if Saida's keeper gets the message and actually restrains her from coming?  There, my Muse.  That would be a gift.  If my parents and siblings and son, and Minu's children, arrive safely to witness?  That would best all the emeralds and mithril in the world.  

He sings a prayer for just that as his horse chews up the distance between them and Hlint.  They're making better time than he expected, blessed with a dry, cool day.  But he's still going to be late.

cbnicholson

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2011, 05:07:39 pm »
"I will gladly stand with you both, Lady Elohanna.  As you well know, Andrew has already asked for me to stand with him, but I am reasonably certain he will not make first and only claim."  With that, Daniel pulls in the fish and unhooks it, with a glance at Elohanna, he smiles and lets it go safely back to the water where it came from.

Oscar Wilde

Anamnesis

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2011, 06:09:49 pm »
She smiles and kisses his cheek gratefully as he releases the fish back into the pond. "I had forgotten. How could I have forgotten that he had asked you Daniel? You are as dear to him as you are to me. You will stand with him and that is final. Besides it is more fitting this way. It is as it should be."
Cord, Bard of Ilsare

anything