The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: The name of Le'Tennodin is heard  (Read 756 times)

Guardian 452

Re: The name of Le'Tennodin is heard
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2012, 07:10:23 pm »
/// awesome story.. well done. and thanks for sharing! :)

davidhoff

Re: The name of Le'Tennodin is heard
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2012, 09:07:00 pm »
"I knew you'd put me on the spot" *waving cigar smoke out of his face and centering self on his bar stool.*

"Alright, alright, let's see now.  I'm no good at telling stories and certainly not of the caliber of you Andy, but I will attempt."

"The trouble in the Thunderpeaks started long ago with Essrantor, the King of the Arc Giants.  He was power thirsty and began to try to expand his control of the Peaks.  The High Boyer became aware of this and called upon adventurers to help.

*He pauses to sip his Xeenite wine and turns an unlit cigar in his right hand*

"You know this is a very long story right?  I fear I don't have the details I need to give the story justice.  Ah, but I'll continue.  Now, in the Peaks there were a clan of dwarves and a group of elves.  The Losthammer dwarves and the elves of Le' Tennodin.  Essrantor some how found a way to steal the secrets from both of them, and both clans feared Essrantor might now grow strong enough to conquer their domains.  So, both the dwarves and elves cursed themselves to undeath to protect their realms.  An awful and dreadful tactical move to voluntarily make, but one they decided was the only way.

Back to Essrantor then.  The Arc king had found a way to erect four powerful rune towers that enabled him to defy magic and create zones of anti-magic.  This was the end task before the group of adventurers called by the High Boyer - to destroy his towers.  Their travels were long and their names of legend.  They requested help to fight Essrantor and help they got.  They called upon King Cainforge of the Losthammers and the King gave his own hammer.  They called upon the peaceful Esther Giants that slept in stone and woke them and their King Helmuut pledged the Esther giants to the fight.  They also called upon the great dragon spirit, Granarock the Silver.

The great Fenrir Thornaxe was one of the many adventurers that led the assault on Essrantor.  How the end battle went and who all was involved I fear I do not know.  However, it should be mentioned that the hammer of King Cainforge was not given up lightly, and Fenrir and his companions would have perished to the dwarven King's bitter wrath but for one thing *pauses* Fenrir shared blood with King Cainforge.  Yes, yes, Fenrir was the last remaining blood ancestor to the Losthammer clan.

So then, as I said, I can not tell you how the fight went, but the adventurers and those that assisted them were partially successful.  They were able to destroy one of Essrantor's might anti-magic towers.  This I'm told was enough to upset his unchallenged rule and his campaign for ultimate power and domination was put on hold.  He withdrew to his own realm in the Peaks and still remains strong there with his own giant clan.  He waits and schemes to one day threaten us all again."

*Tralek wait for an applause and looks down at his un-lit cigar.*

"Anyone gota light?"

//Great write up Andy!  You really did us justice.  I hope my rough account isn't too messed up.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.  I got most of my material from a partial write-up done by Congo.