The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Lost Merchant  (Read 661 times)

Brutus_Clawfoot

Lost Merchant
« on: February 05, 2014, 10:08:02 am »
Boris, a slump, fair willed halve orc, walked up to the camp fire, bringing with him his perpetual stink, a fine blend of fresh sewer water and some charcoaly loam, recognizing several of the adventurers there, and their  disdain for his smell. They were Talia, a practicer of the faith, Kalberen, Sehky, and Glitch, tactical fighters well practiced with the ways of the blade, and a shadowy newcommer, Ryn'lida, someone with unclear intentions. Many had just returned from a hard fought battle with some werebeasts in a temple with strange magic.The flare of banter over the evenings affairs is lite and short. Their  voices were starting to trail off, as some began to exit while others started to arrive.Contemplating for a moment, he utterd in his broken language,"...Any ah yew hear about dat miss'n shop keep?"Met by a a wash of shrugs and "No's", he continued;"Ya! Dey was say'n dat he went miss'n near dem Blackstone mountains! Dey say he's dead but dey want fer someone ta bring back his body!"He looked around the crowd, There seemed to be a willingnes among them."Any ah yew wanna go git his body wit me?"Many showed a genuine interest. Talia and others asked where Blackstone mountains were."Dey ain too far from duh Black hills, what ain too far from Corax Lake, what ain too far from Prantz."He barked in his shabby speech, a rough voice paired badly with a short grasp of the language.Then after a few strange moments involving glitter, indigestion,  and Glitches armpits, the party set off in ernest."Alright den! lets git on wit it!" The road to the Blackstone mountains was long, slow and cumbersome, yet the group made their way without incident. At one point some giants attempted to throw them an unkind a welcoming party but the group met them with an acumen.Bugbears on the other hand posed a bit more of a threat yet there too the group showed poise.Opon entering the cave they could hear the hyper hissing af snakes. They made thier aproach guarded and well planned.Out of the darknes a giant black snake attacked and quickly the walls began to ecco with a cacophony of steel coliding, chaos and the rushed madness of battle. At points snakes gained the upperhand! For a moment the peril seemed to overwhelm them, but lead by Glitches swiftnes, Ryn'lida's stealthy aproach, Kalberen's steady hands, Sehky's brutality, Boris's hearty flatulence, and Talia's sure footed healing, they're victory was assured!In the din of the after battle, a body laying nearby became the focal point. The group gathered around it solemnly. Ryn'lida was  the first to approach, followed by Talia who proceded to prepare the body for the trip back home. Her steady hands wrapped the body and she whispered words, lost to Boris's understanding but which seemed kind and enlightening to him. When she finnished Boris carfully lifted the body positioning it over his shoulder. The body flopped about like a ragdoll amid Boris's handeling.Without, a word the group began to make their way home. The return trip was fairly uneventful, after pauseing only to split up the finds of the journey, and Boris's occasional complaints about the extra weight,  they returned to Center, body and all.... To be continued....//The list of players as I recall it are:Ryn'lidaKalberenGlitchTaliaSehkeyand me..BorisIf I'm missing anyone please pipe in!//Forgive my bad spelling and brevity, Its awfully late at night....*Falls asleep at the keyboard*  Zzzz zz zzzzz.....//Oh and thanks gang!//Well Mr. DM sire, (Xaltotun) I leave it in your capable hands now!//I reedited this mess this morning. I love how I was mixing past tence with present tense. Oh and the many horrible misspellings... some may still remain.... 

The following users thanked this post: mixafix, miltonyorkcastle, davidhoff, Aphel

Xaltotun

On a wet and windy morning, a
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 10:37:48 am »

On a wet and windy morning, a cloaked figure was approached a half-orc, known as Boris Clawfoot to those in the know, as if by some pre-arranged design.

The cloaked figure introduced himself as Xaltotun, a member of the Council of Iannis, and after inspecting the body Boris carried with him, heaped praise on that worthy for his recovery of the lost merchant. He listed quietly to Boris's colourful recounting of their quest and at the end asked Boris if he would see to the man's burial with honour and gave him a weighty purse for his compensation in taking care of the arrangements.

With a final thanks, Xaltotun left Boris to his thoughts, his ears still ringing with the praise heaped on him.

//pm sent to Boris about the reward.

//thanks to everyone who took part and helped out. I had forgotten how tough this particular was when I came across it again after years of not visiting it, so well done all - Boris, Ryn'lida, Kalberen, Glitch, Talia and Sehkey (from Boris's post)

Brutus_Clawfoot

Boris stands alone near the
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 11:53:51 am »

Boris stands alone near the campfire in Center. He carries a body over one shoulder and a hefty purse in his other, free hand.

"Not bad for ah days work! 9000 coins! Now all I gotta do is git Talia to help me bury diss body proper like, den find some way to split diss coin with me partners! Aye!"

//if you find me in game I will split your share with you. Cheers!

Brutus_Clawfoot

Borris deposits 7500 coins in
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 02:51:55 pm »

Borris deposits 7500 coins in a chest with his name on it in a house located at 133 Leningrad. He says, "This way Sehky,Ryn'lida, Kalberen, Glitch, and Talia, can each get their share of the reward, $1500 at their leisure!"