The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Meanwhile, over in Taur'en...  (Read 6421 times)

Gulnyr

Iri smiles up at Tyrra.Hey!
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2016, 10:41:46 am »

Iri smiles up at Tyrra.

Hey! Both!

Remember the magic door at Dydul Castle that the majesty showed us? The one we went through to get to the mine! It closed! There's no knocker, so I can get out, but not through the magic door! Just through the regular mine door! It'll probably be a long walk back to the castle! Maybe I can hitch a ride on a wagon! Maybe I'll be back in a month or two! Where is this mine, anyway? Do you have enough food? She waggles her eyebrows. I've got half a hard biscuit to spare!

miltonyorkcastle

/// you are remembering
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2016, 08:44:39 pm »

/// you are remembering correctly. It was a one way portal that lead you to the land just outside the cavern. The "trapped" bit is the fact that you are nearly a mile down into the earth, and therefore it will take you more than an hour to climb out, but the barrier's summoning effect, from everything you've observed, is set to happen again within the hour. ///

ShiffDrgnhrt

Tyrra sighs and rubs the back
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2016, 08:28:45 am »

Tyrra sighs and rubs the back of her neck.  "I didn't think you'd make it out that fast.  However, if you think you can climb out of here before this thing sends us all back to ... where ever we were, you're our best hope of getting a message to Bydell Castle.  I can show you where the mine is and how to get back."  Tyrra then sits somewhere near a light source and takes out her map of Taur'en to show Iri where they are.

Afterward, she instructs the soldiers to keep all supplies on hand.  With the potential of being teleported back, she makes it clear that if they aren't holding it, it may stay on this side, and getting back again may take a while.

Iconoclastic

// I thought we had also
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2016, 10:09:26 am »

// I thought we had also established (one of the first things we figured out about it) that the summoning effect was limited to the cavern where the barrier was, and going into the tunnel around a corner or two was sufficient not to be affected by it?

Chuckles_McChuck

As the discussions continue
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2016, 08:27:50 pm »

As the discussions continue Lia directs her attention to Armand and Jenna, “Hyi’m mor then willin teh studeh this magic further.  Hyi’m particularilleh hinterested hin the henchantment hif yo can direct meh teh hits workins.  The prioriteh his hof course teh disable hit, but hit does not mean weh can’t learn ha bit from hit has well right?”

miltonyorkcastle

/// The soldiers had
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2016, 12:49:00 am »

/// The soldiers had expressed that they encountered the effect near the top levels of the mine as well as down below. So, the effect is limited to the mine, and therefore doesn't go outside the caverns (the caverns actually being above-and below- the mine). The PCs are standing at the bottom of the mine. So the effect reaches reaches at least a half mile up, if not further. My apologies for the confusion on that. ///

Lance Stargazer

*The gnuman looks is lost in
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2016, 12:48:16 pm »
*The gnuman looks is lost in thought , constantly processing the information and probably thinkin g like four conversations at the same time, then boldly states * 

- Yes the one who invented the nail, had no idea of what he was doing -  

*He snaps back noticing as Lia approaches and speaks about learning*  - It certainly would be a good study case, the enchanting pattern is created to confuse those who examine it, it clouds the mind to subconciously overlook the original intent of the barrier, granted the one who actually crafted this mixure of patterns shoudl be indeed very able in the trade. 

*He nods at Jenna's remark*  Don't worry, maybe then just be near in case extra energy is needed, I myself am not the most proficient on the dispelative patterns weaves, but the option we have is either try or wait for us to be sucked in again, so I'd rather try.  

*To Lia maybe a bit too loud for everyone to listen*  Learning yes, i have really no hurry to get out of here, I could take a full year down there to study it, but i am sure that eventually we would die of starvation or something worse, so we need to close as wonderful as this is,  I asked before, if you have some kind of dispelative or disruptive patterns knowledge or capabilities now would be more than welcome for the effort. 

*Before he moves towards the barrier again he speaks openly*  I don't want to give you false hopes, as I mention this is a long shot, not something i am able to perform usually, and it could simply not work, but its the only thing i have now to try to pull this out, ... Isn't it exciting? Its like a big gamble for your lives  **he grins*

*With this said he is seen walking towards the barrier, with one stash of papers on his hands, his big and ridiculous monocle over his right eye*  

Chuckles_McChuck

She shakes her head, "Noh Hyi
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2016, 04:42:23 pm »

She shakes her head, "Noh Hyi deh not.  The honleh thin Hyi can think hof doin his yo get teleported hon the hother sid, then physicalleh break hor disrupt the circle hon the hother side then yo teleport yorself hout.  Com back hehr hand test teh seh hif that worked, since yo can teleport hout hagain hif hit didn't.  Hyi honleh suggest that because the circle hon the hother side sehmed mediocre hand should beh heasier teh disrupt hin comparison teh this portal.  Hif there his no focus teh teleport hus teh, then this portal his rendered hyuseless."

Lance Stargazer

*As he keeps walking into
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2016, 05:20:27 pm »

*As he keeps walking into towards the barrier he replies to Lia* 

- The problem is that we are facing something diferent here, this is not a portal, its more like a summoning spell, its indeed conjuration but not a teleportation in the full sense of it, what the barrier actually do is to pull you from here to there, once we got there i found that we still had the aura of conjuration about us, it bound us in the way a Summoning spell do, Jenna was able to "convince" the barrier to undo the summon that is why it brought us back, alongside all those gnolls that were brought with us.  - *he leaves a moment in silcence , for this to be understood then continues* -

- The main problem would be that there is no end point where we are sucked in, we are summoned to that specific point but the magical trace remains in us, not in a circle or a portal per se, so there is nothing to destroy on the other end, Again i could try to transfer my matter away,i've done in the past, but to get to bydell it might requiere a day ,.. or so .. which its what i think i'll do if things go south with this plan

*As he approcahes to the barrier, he is looking for a particular page of the small book he is examinating*  

Iconoclastic

Well, no it definitely
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2016, 08:40:11 pm »

Well, no it definitely summoned us to the summoning circles.. they were the anchors, the destination.  That's why I suggested re-creating them somewhere more useful to us.  *she shrugs*  You could make them right here next to the portal, or up on the surface too.  The ones below would probably need to be scuttled... though I'm still trying to figure out if that's necessary.. i.e. if the summoning array here 'looks' in a programmed area for the focus points to 'summon' creatures to.. or if it just 'summons' us out into the ether and then the circles 'catch' us.  Could be dangerous if its the latter, and we haven't made new ones yet when it goes off... if we destroyed the ones down there.

*She shrugs, still peering into the energies, flicking her fingers now and then, and holding a glowing opal in onehand*  Though if I can manage what I'm thinking of here.. it should defuse the problem....

ShiffDrgnhrt

////Are we at a dead end
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2017, 08:08:16 am »

////Are we at a dead end here?

Iconoclastic

// Its been holidays and
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2017, 10:36:15 am »

// Its been holidays and after-holidys work catch-up and so on.  I imagine Lance has just been busy, and will get back to us when he can. :)

Lance Stargazer

*Armand is already passing
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2017, 04:32:19 pm »

*Armand is already passing pages thru the book he is holding it, his eyes narrowed gathering the concentration for the effort he is about to do, the very same page on his hand now had way more power contained that his body would be able to stand at the moment, It was certainly fortunate that he had this formulaes saved for when he would be able to actually able to manage it on its own, he finally observing the area in the portal speaks with potent voice the words of power * 

- Ragha, Aeromitar, Rille'h Dragoos - *The voice gaining more volume as each sylabe being pronounced*  

*There is a small flash as the formulae on the book started to vanish, with each sentence read ... a purple light. .. or  . maybe violet, ( it actually could be the discussion of some gnomish sorcerers and schoolars for hours about the specific shade of color of the light  ) spur out of the fingers of the gnuman, fizzling at the barrier.......  

miltonyorkcastle

//// **casts raise dead**
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2017, 04:55:53 pm »

//// **casts raise dead** Refresh my memory. Lance, Armand is casting from a scroll, correct?////

Lance Stargazer

// yes he is ! 
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2017, 09:42:11 pm »

// yes he is ! 

miltonyorkcastle

The magic of the scroll
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2017, 10:22:13 pm »

The magic of the scroll engulfs the barrier, and for a moment, the barrier blinks, winks, even, as though it is a candle about to go out. But then the image steadies, a solid translucent barrier still there, for those examing the magic of it, note that the aura is now almost nonexistent.

//// SC check for those who have the skill. ///

Lance Stargazer

//  SC Check : 55 
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2017, 01:59:04 am »

//  SC Check : 55 

Chuckles_McChuck

// SC check: 33   XD  
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2017, 09:21:48 am »

// SC check: 33   XD    rolled real bad on that one, haha

Iconoclastic

// SC check: 17 + 26 = 43 
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2017, 08:10:55 am »

// SC check: 17 + 26 = 43  (roll + skill)

ShiffDrgnhrt

//The desiccated skeleton
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2017, 07:47:33 pm »

//The desiccated skeleton that was Tyrra raises it's head.  "Are we done yet?"  Glad to see this underway again!