In-Character Forums > Rumour Has It

Meanwhile, over in Taur'en...

(1/13) > >>

miltonyorkcastle:
"I'm putting you in charge of this, Captain Felmin. Here is the report from our advance scout." Commander Moreau hands the captain a thick roll of parchments. "Take two hundred men and secure the first three levels of the mine. Take the engineering team and cave in everything below that point. Once secured, send word, and then we'll send the necessary supplies to start turning the place into a usable fortified structure." "Yes, sir." "Read the report carefully, Felmin. Everything from deadly oozes to disgruntled beholders were found down there. If you want your men to leave, you best have plans to deal with everything mentioned in that report. Warrant Officer Dragonheart should meet you on location with any updated news." "Anything else, sir?" "Yes. About Dragonheart. She is skilled and loyal, but unpredictable. Be aware that if you give her an order, she may not go about fulfilling the order in the manner you desire. So be as explicit as possible." "I'm sure I can handle the warrant officer, sir." "Good luck with that. Dismissed." The captain collects the two regiments, and sets out for the abandoned mine.  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "He's gone." "That's good news. Looks like he decided it wasn't worth the trouble." "No, you don't understand. He was really unwilling to give up his home there." "Apparently not as unwilling as you thought." Tyrra squints both eyes. "Captain, I don't like it. Something isn't right, and there's a barrier down below which wasn't there before." "We're caving it in anyway, Dragonheart, so that barrier means nothing to me." "While we secure the place, I need you to take this message back to Fort Angle. For the commanders eyes only." "But I can help wi-" "You have your orders." Sucking in a breath, "Yes, sir." ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "It's been three weeks and we've heard nothing back from Captain Felmin. Take a horse and find out what's taking so long." "Yes, sir." Tyrra turns to leave. "Oh, and Dragonheart?" She pauses, but does not turn. "If something's gone wrong. Don't go digging around. Get your butt back here and let me know. Got it?" "Got it." "Excuse me?" ".... yes, Commander, sir." ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "By the gods..... They're..... gone.... they're all gone...." //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// OOC: Be on the lookout for a quest on the calendar for this. I'm still sorting out some times, but it's happening this month!

miltonyorkcastle:
/// it's on the calendar. ;-)

ShiffDrgnhrt:
Deep inside the old mine shaft, a large group of people huddle together in the dark.  One, a stout woman dressed in adamantium armor, is busy ordering the many men and women in uniform about, organizing them to tend to the weakest among them.  Facing a sheer climb out of the shaft, Tyrra contemplates creating a litter and lifting those unable to make the climb one by one.   "Does anyone else have any idea of how to get these people out of here?"  She glances around at the ragtag group that helped her save the soldiers.  She then glances at Iri.  "And how do you feel about hurrying to Bydell Castle and letting them know what happened and request some help?"

Gulnyr:
What a weird question!Iri taps her lips with a finger and squints at nothing in the distance, and her face shows a range of emotions as she pauses and dwells on specific words.How do I feel?How do I feel about hurrying...... to Bydell Castle...... to let them know What. Happened...... and request help...She puts her fists on her hips and nods a little.I feel pretty normal about this. It seems like part of the natural way of things, so I guess maybe "content" is a good summary. I am content! How do you feel about it?Without waiting for an answer, she looks at a nearby soldier and continues talking, as if he were part of the conversation all along.What if she says something weird like "disillusioned" or "precocious?" OH! Or "smarmy!" Can you feel smarmy, or is that just something you are? What would that mean, anyway? She throws up her hands. If she just had regular emotions we wouldn't be in this situation!Her fists go back to her hips and she looks at Tyrra as if waiting for her to explain herself.

ShiffDrgnhrt:
Tyrra rubs her temples.  "Great, I'm glad you feel content about my suggestion.  Would you, please, just go to Bydell Castle and report back as well as request help?  I need to focus on taking care of the people."She looks over to Armand and Lia.  "Are we certain that portal won't cause any more trouble?"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version