The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Moonlight Shadows  (Read 2241 times)

Ravemore

Captain Steiner watches
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2015, 12:28:52 am »

Captain Steiner watches Arfur’s posing and strutting with a deadpan look on his face. He glances at Griff and says” You’re help is most welcome servant of Vorax. You’ll prevent me from dividing my forces and we should be in a much stronger position.” After the Gnome who introduces himself as Ryubi Jingles walks up and offers his help, the Captain points to the other two and says” You’re with them Mr. Jingles. You’re help is welcome, and Rho appreciates your assistance. I never turn away a good scout.”

As the rapier wielding Arfur and the other two companions head off for Arin’s cabin. Captain Steiner looks at two of his men putting together gear and says” Did that guy say his name was “Doofas?” He shakes his head with a wide grin and heads back to his office to make preparations, and the two men nearly fall to the ground laughing. The Captain was not known for making jokes… his humor was usually rather limited.

_____

Several hours later, the three approach the cabin. Griff was very conscious of the fact that there seemed be very little sign of game on the game trails. It felt as if the forest was holding its breath… or perhaps that was just his nerves. Arfur is the first to spot the man in green exiting the cabin. Ryubi’s gaze is drawn to all of the large animal tracks in the area and he is perplexed. He has no doubt they are wolf tracks… but based on the length, width, and depth, the creature would be triple the size of any Worg he had ever seen. The tracks measure over 18 inches from heel to toe. The angles and stride also seem to indicate some were bi-pedal.

_____

After his short whispered prayers, the man in green picked up the book… old, cracked leather rough on his fingertips. As the book was slipped into a pouch strapped to his body. His mind lingered briefly on the ironies. A quick and cursory search of the rest of the cabin found nothing except the expected utensils and properties one would expect in a homestead. As he exited the cabin he noted it was still quiet in the surrounding forest.

//This quest is going to calendar. Please feel free to continue to use this thread for RP and investigation. As always with my events, it will garner you more quest reward when we go in-game. Please confine your activities to the clearing and the cabin, as this is where the quest will start. The story line is subject to change based on what happens in this thread... Expect a RP and plot heavy event for this one. It will likely run two separate sessions.... Quest time should not exceed 3 hours for each session.

Any new players wanting to become involved... please hop in here at the cabin and RP you're way in. If you have any questions, please send me a PM. Keep this thread IC.

mixafix

Arfur is glad to have the
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2015, 12:45:43 pm »

Arfur is glad to have the Captain's innuendo and less than subtle nuances behind him-their obvious and present danger apparently more to his liking he actually appears a little sharper. He switches one of his rapiers with another one stored at the side of his oversized backpack as they approach the cabin. He circles seeking to reassure himself there is no immediate danger, yet like the others he cannot shake the feeling danger is not so very far away. He makes only a perfuctory check for trails seeking to confirm there are signs the creature has exited the immediate area for he is more drawn to the book slipped into a pouch as they arrived.

His circle drawn he quickly approaches the book keeper. "Arfur Dumas at your service Sir." He tips his hat and offers a flamboyant salute."I can't help but wonder what we have found there. Luckily for you I am well versed in the written word, the product of endless scroll preparation. But I digress Sir. Might I peruse the book?" He holds out a gloved hand for inspection a fixed smile etched across his otherwise rather intimidating face.

Ravemore

//I had to adjust the time
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2015, 12:19:52 am »

//I had to adjust the time for this quest. Instead of 12:oopm PST the start time has been pushed up to 18:00 (6:00PM.) PST. An unavoidable RL issue came up. Apologies… I'll make it up to those who show up with some extra reward for the inconvenience.

-Rave

davidhoff

//we'll see; try to make it
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2015, 02:46:57 am »

//we'll see; try to make it but might be dicey

mixafix

//will to be too late for me
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2015, 04:37:51 am »

//will to be too late for me I'm afraid...have fun....find the fiend

Ravemore

OK... That's two who were
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2015, 11:31:51 am »
OK... That's two who were involved in the forum work for this one. Can you two make it tomorrow morning if I reschedule?

Ravemore

//Moved quest date to Sunday
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2015, 01:52:39 pm »

//Moved quest date to Sunday 11am-2pmPST. Hopefully you guys can make it, as it has to go this weekend regardless. This is going to be a good RP one with a chance for some long term impacts on participating characters. If it goes wrong it can get pretty ugly too. ;-)

anything