The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: News from Krandor  (Read 283 times)

Xaltotun

News from Krandor
« on: June 23, 2009, 07:44:05 pm »
Two cemetery caretakers may have been heard recently heard talking...

"Aye, ye missed it, sure enough. She was givin' out fine choices of meat, varieties of bread I've never tasted before, and the wines and ales? I had to go lie down for a while before I could continue workin', after tryin' them."
"And you say she was givin' this out for free?"
"Aye, that she was. I was event told she gave some money to the inn so they could hold a special fun day for the kids."
"Did she say who she was or why she was doin' this?"
"Not a word. She said she was doin' it for the town, to give back somethin' to make up for lost time, or somethin'. You'll know her when you see her though. She's very small, almost elven maybe, and always wears dark clothes and speaks in a funny accent; difficult to understand, but obviously a heart of gold."

Nothing left to add to the conversation, the two men return to tending the graveyard, making sure the bodies are still in their graves.

The following users thanked this post: Lance Stargazer

Xaltotun

Re: News from Krandor
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 05:34:57 am »
A murder and the start of CSI Mistone

*Recent in events in Krandor took a nasty turn when a passer-by was killed near the local crypts. The local Mistone Guard were assembled to investigate said crime and interviewed a possible suspect but later released him due to lack of evidence. Investigations may or may not continue.*

“Well, that wus a fine to-do yesterday?” The cemetery caretaker said. “No seen so much activity since, well, since that wee lady handed oot food an’ stuff a while back.”

“What happened?” The other caretaker asked carefully, ignorant of the events.

Rising to the tale, the first worthy expanded his chest and with a deep inhale of breath, began his tale. “Well, seems a stranger came in tae Krandor, and wis hangin’ about near the crypts. Someone, the guards have nae idea – bleedin’ useless that lot, couldni find a needle in a pile o’ needles if ye ask me. They asked a load o’ questions and telt people to 'move on, nothing to see here’.  Useless.”

He stops and takes another breath, “But I rant a wee bit. So it seems someone had it in for this stranger, and sneaked up on them, stabbed them from the back then cut his throat.”

His partner gasped at this shocking news.

“Aye,” he continued, “nasty it musta been. Worse, the guards said they had fund the body drifting down the water;  seems it had been pushed in. Anyway, they’s talkin’ about this crime when they spot a likely lad, so they decide to have a word in his shell-like.

“The man says he’s called Vincent and is a travelling fruit and veg salesman and shows them his wares, as proof like. Anyway, the guards talk to the man, but eventually send him on his way with a warning not to be seen here again.

“I heard one o’ the guards ask their officer what they should do, an’ the officer said he thought the man was 'guilty as sin’ but since he had no proof, he had to let the man go. Ye know, we may have the start o’ some sort o’ crime investigation team here if they weren’t such a bunch o’ dimwits – CSI Mistone, that’s what we should call them,” and laughs at his own joke, his smaller companion not following the line at all.

//OOC thanks to mixafix for setting this up very, very quickly; to Jehoram for playing his part as Vincent and two the two unmentioned players Ironfist son of Ironbreaker, and Eleandilethessa Quil’lyn. The first player to talk to Eleandilethessa in-game with who the correct murderer was will receive a reward of 10 Trues. Close members of the family, members of this party, friends and GMs are excluded from this offer. Terms and conditions apply. Always read the small print.

Xaltotun

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 05:36:24 am »
*Following the recent murder in Krandor, a small woman is seen moving about the citizens, telling them not to worry, comforting the disturbed and handing out more bread and ale to anyone who would take it.*

The cemetery caretaker said to his fellow worker, “Where were you earlier. Ye missed the free bread an’ ale that woman wis handin’ out again. She’s a wee marvel that one. Obviously a heart o’ gold. Hey, don’t put the flowers down there, I haven’t cleaned that headstone yet.’

His colleague looked up, her deep hood masking her face, as usual, and she nods in response to his directions.

Xaltotun

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2009, 10:12:01 am »
*The local citizens of Krandor may be pleasantly surprised this morning to see the graveyard is sporting a new selection of freshly cut flowers around most of the headstones. A fresh bouquet was even left at the door of the hospital for any staff to find when they reported for duty.

It would appear that someone is taking some pride in keeping the town looking pleasant.*

Xaltotun

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 04:21:22 am »
*It would seem that Krandor's mysterious benefactor has been busy again. Although Galathea has not been around recently, or perhaps because she hasn't, the hospital recently received some freshly cut flowers, freshly baked breads and still warm cooked meats of different varieties; to help out it's patrons presumably.*

Xaltotun

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 09:26:19 am »
*Following the recent scare in Vehl, (http://forums.layonara.com/1380662-post1.html), the mysterious benefactor of recent visits has been back again, handing out food and drink, and placing flowers on the recent graves for the recently departed, calming the locals and putting their minds at ease.

The food, mainly freshly baked bread, wafted it's delicious smell throughout the town. Some locals might have suggested that the benefactor open a shop, since the aroma was so enticing.*