The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Not Frosty the Snowman...  (Read 662 times)

Ravemore

Not Frosty the Snowman...
« on: July 21, 2015, 07:07:40 pm »
Meep Widershine burst through the doors of the small tavern in Dalanthar. He was disheveled, dirty, bloody, and by all appearances out of his mind. As he made his way to the bar the other patrons went back to their drinks and conversation… but it was obvious they were listening to what Meep was babbling about to the bartender.“They were ravenous animals I tell you! Yeti in the Thunder Peaks… but nothing like I have ever seen before! They were upon our camp before we knew what hit us. I watched them tear apart poor Birtle and eat him… Shoving chunks of my poor nephew into their gaping maws! They were fast and vicious! Uncanny in their strength!” He shuddered and quaffed no less than 8 shots of hard liquor in the span of about 15 seconds.Granmine, an elegantly dressed chap smiled from a table in the corner. Something new for his collection he reckoned. He scrawled a message on a small piece of paper, and as he left he pinned it to a bulletin board near the door.200 True per pelt. Yeti in the Thunder Peaks. Leave word for Granmine with the bartender.--------------// This is a static quest and it has been placed in-game. Feel free to use this thread for RP/Forum posts. Significant posting will also be rewarded at the conclusion of the quest.This is a tough one, and it is possible to see bad guys well above CR30. The soul mother is active and a balanced group is advised. You have been warned. Rewards have been placed in game as well.Good luck! PS - DO NOT sneak in invisibly and steal the quest rewards. At the conclusion of the quest, please send me a private message and let me know what loot you found to confirm fair play. Also, the boss has been assigned a special XP bonus for this one.-Rave

The following users thanked this post: swoop, Dorax Windsmith, Acacea, davidhoff, willhoff

Dorax Windsmith

Upon overhearing the
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 02:27:39 am »

Upon overhearing the ramblings of Meep Widershine, Grog decides to take a look for himself into the report of strange and powerful Yeti in the Thunder Peaks.  After a long journey up the mountain, a feat worthy of Lore in and of itself, he comes across a few corpse.  Cautiously approaching, he sees a great and terrible beast, indeed what looks like a massive Yeti.  Grog backs a bit, prepares himself for a challenge while thinking to himself "Mes kills things goods!"  The battle is fantastic, testing his skills utterly to the limit but many well placed blows with his greatsword eventually weaken and down the beast.  After catching he breath, Grog searches the bodies to find a few trinkets then searches the area for more of the creatures.  There are several more, yet the others are not nearly as powerful and Grog dispatches all that he comes across, then makes his way back to Delanthar to seek out Granmine for the promised exchange.

//Thanks for the variety! 

Ravemore

//You're very welcome... and
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2015, 02:34:45 am »

//You're very welcome... and Congrats! I'm sure it was not an easy task... I'll look for you in game to RP the pelt exchange.

-Rave