The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Overheard at the tavern  (Read 499 times)

IceDragonDuvessa

Overheard at the tavern
« on: October 01, 2013, 05:16:23 pm »
Farmer Herdunkachud:"Yep....it was abert that time dat de wind dere sterted blowin sermthin FERCE! I wernt runnin' fer da house berfer I gert blewed clean erway. Were bert an hour berfer I could gert beck ert ta see der dermage. Yeh wernt buhlieve it! Mah dern cow werse jest a skelly all layern dere on da ground. meat done blewered clean erf. Ain't ne'er seen ner winds lerk dat befer!"  Mercenary Sileena:"I am not sure what all was said there sir but I believe I have seen similar occurences. I was asleep at the inn not a night ago when the hearth fire rose up and gave me a terrible toss. I tamped it out and all was well but it seems things have gone a bit mad."  

Lance Stargazer

*Meanwhile in Vehl**The place
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 11:49:31 pm »

*Meanwhile in Vehl*

*The place was burned from the very basement, there may be look as an accident, but the fire wouldn't have caught that fast without a proper gale of wind to make it run faster , such bad luck,, if he only believed in luck *

- There are no signs of any sigils Sir - *The man reported to the Rofirenite who was examining the scene, he nodded back at the man* 

- Fill the rest of the evidence report, then, You know what to search on further incidents - *The commanding and secure voice of Aesthir was heard loud and clear, the zeal of a man who enjoys his work, and duty was evident*

*The Rofirenite moves into the city, walking thru the corridors and alleys, he pondered on what the Aragenite had said to him* A returning evil or a mimicker maybe then ...  *he looks upon the mountains as he kept moving thru the city, his mind passing the information he had over and over to find the next piece of the puzzle  *

cbnicholson

Sir Daniel reads the letter
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 03:00:41 pm »

Sir Daniel reads the letter from Jo and frowns. "By the Dragon, a real emergency!  Lana, I shall be in Center for a week or so!  Pausing just long enough to secure his gear, he makes his way quickly to Center to bolster the guard there with his presence.  Speaking first with Clover of Prunilla over matters of first aid and protection, before  finally asking her permission to set up an aid station by the common fire.  He stands ready to offer aid to any who are in need.

"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face." 

Oscar Wilde

Dorganath

"... 'n came outta nowhere,
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2013, 03:26:54 pm »

"... 'n came outta nowhere, they's sayin'. All right 'round where it 'appened jus' north o' 'ere, like."

"Outta nowhere? Yer daft!"

"Ain' me that seen it! But there 'e was, they said. Dark, blue an' hooded. Sounds right 'spicious, it does. Prolly checking out 'is 'andiwork, I says."

The second man scoffs while another patron approaches the pair, one with the dress and bearing of a traveling merchant.

"Your pardon, my good men, but I must say I have heard something similar but three days ride to the south. A hooded figure dressed in dark blue, by himself. It was a hunter who told me this.  He said whoever it was came and went without a trace. Not so much as a bent blade of grass down any trail in his passing, coming or going."

The first man backhands the second and lets out a short laugh. "I tol' ya!"

"Bah!  Yer both daft!  Three days ride? An' yer story 'appened two days ago? Ain' possible, I says!"

The conversation and shared drinks continue, with theories and suppositions flowing as freely as the ale.

IceDragonDuvessa

"er's too possible... dats
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2013, 01:32:00 pm »

"er's too possible... dats sayin iffin you be inter dat megicky stuff....gorta be wechin dose hoody types wir der staffs and der wiggly fingers"

"Well I heard that theres a group gathering to go speak with the Grannoch priests up in Brech not too long from now. Tale says that lady giant is in a world of hurt. I heard there were pit vipers ravaging her holy persons!"

"Pit vipers? ravaging giants? Thats madness...almost as much madness as some blue man popping all over the continents!"

//   http://layonara.com/calendar/event/archomental-terrors

Lance Stargazer

*Upon hearing the rumours the
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 02:29:00 pm »

*Upon hearing the rumours the man seems to be gathering his thoughts at his office, the papers and books are ordenaited to the point of exageration, the candelabras shed some ligth into the desk as he exchanges notes upon the reports given*

- So a man a blue to travel fast or just plenty of men with the same clothes and modus operandi , interesting -

*he return his face upon the notes , then catches the one about a group into the Brech, he more or less calculates some time and nods* - Well seems that there are others who share the goal, or at least are trying to figure this things out.  Well .. more souls to the search may be good, lets sort the information then ... 

*The man stands and leaves the office after closing the books he was working on*

About elemental Accidents

Lance Stargazer

*The man walks thru the docks
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2013, 06:50:56 pm »

*The man walks thru the docks towards his office, his mind focused on the information recieved and shared, the young clerk walking behind him with the notes and writtings of the information given in the meeting, he stops suddenly and looks back, which causes the clerk to startle and drops the stuff she was carrying, he addresses the words as if ignoring that the incident happened *

- Take those to my office, there will be someone there to recieve the documents, then you are adjourned -

*The clerk was about to speak but the man simply raises one finger without fully turning to see her*  I know i promised a lesson, I am a man to my word, and intend to fullfill it , yet there are important matters to attend first -

**The young clerk nodded , unable to hide a small smile and keeps moving once she picks the stuff from the ground*

*The man walks towards the falconer, and start to send words to the man known as Connor, The name came out in the meeting and as the events and the posible outcomes of investigations seems to keep taking shape on his mind, maps to far places and giant temples, more schollaorly subjects comes to his mind*