The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Posted outside the LLast Temple and other Toran shrines.  (Read 102 times)

minerva

Posted outside the LLast Temple and other Toran shrines.
« on: December 01, 2008, 01:41:01 am »
Sirs

It has come to my attention that the temple and faith of Toran have entered into the business of keeping dark elven servants. I, my family, and friends refuse to enter a temple upon which such a debauchery has taken place. Dark elves are the most vile creatures to set foot in Toran's light and should be hunted and expunged with the same tenacity that good Toranites seek to vanquish the undead. It is only after their numbers have been virtually extincted that one might hope to cultivate one or two with traits such worthy of Toran's teachings.

The simple act of desensitizing the surface population to their vileness by sending us their culls or spies is likely part of some grand invasion scheme. People should be reminded of their evil tendencies daily and keep their guard up lest some town suffer as Hlint, Spellgard , Port Hempstead or countless other towns have suffered.

I petition that this Dark Elf be put to death immediately or if it must be toted around it be as a reminder to people as what they look like and how they sound and act so any others be killed on sight. It is not worthy to receive Toran's teaching and many others feel such as I do. Make an example of it if you must, but treat it as the animal it is. I refuse to worship or support any temple it sets foot in.

Concerned citizens of Trelania

The following users thanked this post: Stephen_Zuckerman, Lance Stargazer, Alatriel, Kenderfriend, Link092

twidget658

Re: Posted outside the LLast Temple and other Toran shrines.
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 02:41:12 am »
*A large letter is place wherever the other leeters have been placed at the temples.*

Citizens of Trelania,

It pains me that you speak this way of the temple of the Great Leader. Ye of so little faith. Repent!

Judge Kirus has been the Judge for the Hlint area for nearly four decades. His expertise is well-known and documented. He is now requested to try cases all over Mistone. How dare you question his authority? The agony of such debauchery. Repent!

The All Watching raises up the weak and empowers them, so that they might see the strength of Toran. Seek out the servants of evil and bring them to justice. That is the doctrine. Judge Kirus has deemed that justice has been served, then justice has been served. Evil has been brought to justice. Repent!

The All Watching is a shining example of goodness and righteousness by bringing order and safety to the lands. Your word is your bond. If this Dark Elf can be saved from the wickedness of his kind with our aid, then that is another soul saved. Praise be to the Great Leader. Repent!

The temples of Toran are known the lands over as houses of safety and refuge. None in need shall ever be turned away. This Dark Elf is in need. He is in need of our teachings and in his education of the way the people on the surface live. He is ignorant in our culture; therefore by teaching him, he shall see the goodness of it. He is still young and impressionable. He has done good things. People, citizens, attended the hearing and spoke on his behalf. He, himself, stepping forward and turning himself into the authorities of Fort Vehl despite what was surely be his end, showed that he is worth trying to save. This is noteworthy. He followed the path of law and justice and faced the courts for his unlawfulness. Have you? Repent!

The Dark Elf that has been assigned to us is no servant unless you claim that all squires are servants. Through squireship, he shall learn humility and service to others. However, loyalty, honor, truth, good, and a sense of duty will be instilled in this young Dark Elf for these are the domains of Toran. Repent!

There are other Dark Elves that have been giving a chance and now they hold high positions in our society. This young Dark Elf may be the next. Repent for your doubts and lack of faith in the eyes of the All Watching and the Judges of the law in our lands. Repent!

We all pray for your enlightenment.

Alatriel

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 07:28:58 am »
Daniella does her best to reassure those outside the temple who are afraid to enter, and helps them in any way that she can.

Link092

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 12:10:31 pm »
*Sion goes about his daily duties, ignoring the wandering eyes of those who come to the temple. Actually, it seems he is oblivious the what is happening, though discreetly, he smirks to himself when he makes a less-than obvious pass by a small party of people entering the temple, piles of dishes in hand.*

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 01:10:55 pm »
As Lance Reads the post, he enters the temple to check on Sion, first, then he gets out spending time outside of the temple aiding to those who needs them, speaking of the mercy of the Great Leader and pledging that souls can be saved.

lonnarin

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008, 02:48:53 pm »
*Brother Gloom cackles at the notices, and rants briefly to the people assembled*

"Any who seek protection had best seek asylum in the Lordship of Rael.  Faith in false gods are a gamble upon a lie.  For true and everlasting security, trust only in absolute power and authority.  The dark elves come to raze your homes and infiltrate your temples, yet we true-dwarves "invade" with aid and supplies.  It is by our toil that two of your finest ports were rebuilt after the Dragon attacks.  The Dark Elves infiltrate your temples, yet we remain diligent to our god Sulterio and he alone.  Never has a dark elf raiding party taken the walls of Prantz!  And even now we protect your lands with outposts in Leringard and Mariner's hold, all the while Toranites stow away dark elves and Lucinda kowtows to Pyrtechon.  *holds up a popular Flyer of Lucindites being led on leashes by a red dragon* http://forums.layonara.com/rumour-has/209052-lucindites-league-pyrtechon.html

Now do you see why we do not allow these false faiths to infiltrate our city?  How many among you know somebody felled by foul magic or seen the lawless casters in the streets, flicking about their potentially devastating spells with no oversight or regulation?  Crippled old men and necromancers with the destructive power of several bombs in their fingers, who can use their charms and wiles to manipulate the law and their illusions to sneak through unwatched to steal what they choose.  How many have lost a parent, child or sibling to the ravaging war-bands and dark elf raiding parties so prevalent on Mistone's soil?  And of those, how many prayed futily for Toran to save them, only to find the truth of his impotence?

There is but one solution to your safety, one sanctuary, one unwavering force.  Lord Rael and the City of Prantz.  They shall stand strong as dragons come to scorch your lands and slaughter your kin in droves.  They shall keep the dark elf armies at the Gate, and crush them under the combined force of over 100,000 of the world's most elite soldiers, marching in unison with an order unlike any other in the world.  So, shall you trust in the faith of your heart, or know by what can be seen with your own eyes?  Rael is the truth, and only under his rule shall any be truly safe!"

*he then bows and vanishes*

Link092

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2008, 05:10:49 pm »
*A little vein bulges on the miniature knight's head as he listens to Gloom, and after Gloom vanishes, Lyr begins assisting Lance and Daniella in their current task*

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2008, 12:57:33 pm »
*As the little figure disapears Lance stands up to speak to the people*

Good People of the Land.

Don't let you be confused by the words of darkness of the situational prophet, he speaks of the benefits his Lord has brought to the lands, trying to make us forget who he is and what they have done, Lord Rael took Prantzis by the force, and we must not forget all the blood and loses that were lost during the war with blood to whom he helped.

He speaks of false gods, and strict discipline, they destroyed the temples in the city to become them a castle and a slave pit, Does a slave pit bestows the same tranquility than a temple. Just don't forget who are they speaking to you. Look to whom you trust. We stand here to bring help, not to bring words of dispair or cheap publicity and then disapear into the crowds.

In my word I tell you.. this day that we do our best to defend what is good,  this dark elf surely has done misdeeds, On that I cannot defend him, but he has been judged and we should give him the chance of redemption, other than that we should be the same as their kind. Toran teaches us of Mercy.

Please Allow the Great Leader help you as we have been doing.

*Lance then step down and continue on his work*

minerva

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2008, 12:59:21 pm »
*a shout from the crowd*

So Toran is in bed with Az'atta now eh?

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2008, 01:10:01 pm »
*Lance looks at the crowd*  

Please show yourself  - he says -

If there anything we have done wrong to you some misdeed you have to reclaim other than keep the order and fullfill a order from the judges, we believe of redemtion, if it is sought, but otherwise when evil stands to threathen the lands we are bound to service and we do it gladly.

And Please respect the gods, They have done anything but bestow their blessings upon us to help us. and rest asured that Is the will of Toran to show us a way of enlightment. Again we are teaching to those who want to listen, not forcing you to do anything, nor asking you to leave your currents belief.

Belief is a matter of heart, not a matter of learning..

As I said People , we don't ask you for trust in dark elves, just allow us to try save this one, since it's our duty now, Imposed by the law we all respect.

The law of a free kindom. May Toran Watch over you

*he waits for the one that shouted to show him/herself*

Black Cat

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2008, 01:51:05 pm »
*an old lady, with a black dress and a broad rimmed, black pointy hat can be seen in the crowd, looking sternly at Lance and the other Toranites present... after a while she turns to leave, winking at Lance and with a broad grin on her face*

Hellblazer

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2008, 02:30:57 pm »
*As lex'or comes back from a personal tour of duty versus the undeads, he reads the notice and shakes his head. He then turns on himself and look at the crowd. Slowly, taking his time, he meets the people one by one or in small groups, offering them supplies, food and gold as much as he can depending on their needs. he also spends time reassuring them and talking with them about the situation and to aleviate their fears as much as he can. He prays with those of them in need of prayer, and offer the healings of Toran to all of those that needs it that are present in the gathering.*

//I have a few crates of food at his house, so I'm gessing that two would do.  I'd also like to get at least 10 k out of his bank account due to this action. If a Gm want's to get in touch with me when I'm back from work, we could arrange for the gold and food to be taken out.

scifibarbie

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2008, 06:27:34 pm »
*a short but slightly mad looking dwarf be heard speaking rather loudly nad angrily

Bloody ells....toris takin up wit darkies...

Prolly dun used its dark tricks ter confuse de old geezer ter set em free...

Bugger best pray oi dun see is darkie *****(a stream oif dwarven and common expletives follws) or oi be settin me axe in im

anything