The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Sad news from Kuhl  (Read 59 times)

Pseudonym

Sad news from Kuhl
« on: August 12, 2008, 07:58:11 am »
Queen Alise Langovale is greatly saddened to announce the tragic accidental death of one of her most able administrators, Carel Torfield of Amaria. Several city guardsmen were also slain in the hunting accident that saw the life of this civil servant cut horribly short. Overcome with grief at the loss of his friend, Lord Targol Marinio has decided to retire from office and spend more time with his family at their estate in Westgate.

During this period of mourning for the Kingdom of Kuhl the Queen would like to recognise Carel's tireless service to the crown and his most admirable efforts for the continual betterment of the welfare of all Kuhl's people.

The Queen hopes the appointment of Her Majesty's own cousin, Zerrel Langovale, as Lord Regent of Amaria will, in assuredly a barely adequate manner, continue the tradition of fine and loyal service begun by this departed friend.

Dezza

Re: Sad news from Kuhl
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 09:09:52 pm »
*Sasha finally hears the news and asks the crier to repeat it...then repeat it again while she stands there frowning, deep in thought.*

"One more time."

"I've repeated it three times already! I'm not doing it again." The Crier stands resolutely, staring at the tall, blonde haired woman before him dressed in heavy black plate mail, a huge sword on her hip.

"You'll say it again and again if I tell you to! Now repeat it." Her hand settled upon the pommel of her sword, the threat to life and limb seemingly immediate through her whole posture and aura. The Crier gulped and repeated the message yet again with a tremulous voice.

Sasha closed her eyes and listened until the crier finished and a smile crept across her face. Reaching for her belt pouch the crier flinched but instead of her sword she grabbed several gold coins and poured them at his feet.

"Thank you, a sweeter message I have not heard for quite some time. Let the Dragon Stealers suck on that lemon for a while. Its beginning!"

Having no idea what she was talking about the crier gazed perplexed at the tall warrior woman as she strode away through the crowd the people parting for her to pass.