The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Search for a rare flowering plant.  (Read 811 times)

gilshem ironstone

Search for a rare flowering plant.
« on: January 23, 2014, 11:09:55 am »
A notice goes out for adventurers to form an expedition that will explore the northeast part of Alindor.  One Kalberen Starseeker is searching for a rare plant, and requires hardy adventurers to meet in Lansport for what could be a dangerous journey.//tonight at 8pm ET.  Meet in Lansport, get ready for danger.

The following users thanked this post: Guardian 452

cbnicholson

Charlie turned and gave Kat a
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 03:40:05 pm »

Charlie turned and gave Kat a good dose of stink eye, "Will you pleaaase move your arse a bit faster, Kat, we're gonna be late!" He cried as they pushed through the forests outside Mariner's Hold. "Some elf's made a call fer help and I've been jest itchin to do some wet work with me stickers."

Kat, less than impressed with Charlie's enthusiasm and dose of stink eye, just kept moving cautiously forward, following in the excited man's footsteps.  He needed so much looking after , her adopted  brother, it was nearly a full time job by itself.

"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face." 

Oscar Wilde

Lance Stargazer

*In some point in the
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 04:47:04 pm »

*In some point in the Mariner's hold docks, a small explosion is heard, the mariners that work near runs into the area to see what is happening, A distracted man of notorious red hair, and even more notorious a steaming metallic arm is seen walking distractedly away of the conmotion, so focused in the something , that apparently didn't saw the way he was doing and fall to a hole just when the guards were passing by *

*The gnuman is not seen after that , probably .. too curious for his own good following the next idea he had after finding a rare yellow rock*

// its kind of hard for me to attend tonight.  but if able to spend some time sitting , I'll be there. 

gilshem ironstone

Kal spends the night tossing
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 06:16:55 pm »

Kal spends the night tossing and turning on a heaving sea flitting in and out of his reverie. By morning the sea was calm, dead calm, without a hint of wind. To make matters worse, they had been pushed several leagues off course in the night. Kal cursed as he realized he would never make his rendezvous in time. He summons his trusty eagle familiar, scribbles a note and sends it onwards to Lansport:

To any interested adventurers,

I will not arrive at the appointed time. I apologize for summoning you at this time. An ill wind and a sudden squall have left me stranded at sea. I will make amends once I am safely ashore. 

Contritely,

Kalberen Starseeker

//work wrapped its slimy paws about my neck. Not sure if I will make it on time, so best to make other plans. Sorry. I will try and reschedule. 

Brutus_Clawfoot

Borris catches wind of such a
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 09:20:57 pm »

Borris catches wind of such a journey, synchronously he passes wind. He grumbles then snorts. "Bah! Um too bogged down in these here swamps to catch up to them adventurers! Fer now, ah jis gotta get outa here alive!"  them he slips off to another clumsy battle.

//I work until 11:00 pm Eastern. Otherwise I would have loved to have been able to be on board for that. Have fun all!//

gilshem ironstone

A message is relayed that
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2014, 02:11:31 pm »

A message is relayed that Kalberen's ship will land at Lansport soon and that the expedition will be undertaken with all speed. 

//Back on for tonight, 8pm ET

miltonyorkcastle

I might actually be able to
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2014, 02:27:00 pm »

I might actually be able to make this trip with Chunks the Fat Dwarf.

gilshem ironstone

Kalberen, Kat, Charlie, Rasa
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2014, 11:14:27 am »

Kalberen, Kat, Charlie, Rasa and Chunks (the fat dwarf) arrive in Katherian covered in mud and moss, and other than the inevitable toll of road weariness, they look none the worse for wear.  After divvying up some loot, and coin, Kalberen heads to the market place looking for a glass blower.

anything