The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Seeking Information Regarding Slain Gnomes  (Read 219 times)

Script Wrecked

Seeking Information Regarding Slain Gnomes
« on: December 10, 2010, 06:03:31 am »
*a note is posted about the various taverns and crafting halls that adventurous types are known to frequent*

[INDENT]A gnome and his group are known to have perished in a spider cave of the Silkwood forest, and a thief, or perhaps murderer, to have taken their possessions.

This may be connected with driders looking for poison being found dead in caves in the north of the Silkwood, and dark elves stealing away the driders' bounty.

If anyone is having further information regarding this, please be leaving the message here.

~Argali Trueaxe
[/INDENT]

The following users thanked this post: davidhoff, willhoff

Mooneyes

Re: Seeking Information Regarding Slain Gnomes
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 09:10:21 am »
*keela writes a note at the bottom*

Miss Argali, I travel through those woods from time to time looking for silk and other resources.  If you get any information concerning this thief and need someone to accompany you, then I would like to offer my services. I'll check this note occasionally for any update.

Keela

Pseudonym

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 05:34:08 pm »
*A response is inked on one of Argali's messages*

Argali Trueaxe,

I have information about deceased gnomes in the Silkwood Forest. Indeed, I also have their possessions. I, however, don't like the inferences in your note about how such may have come into my possession.

Make public apology here for your presumption and also declare your true feelings towards Fenrir Thornaxe and I shall perhaps consider hearing your claim for their possessions.

Any hint of false apology or false refutation about your feelings and the items go into the harbor.

*the response is (wisely) unsigned*

Script Wrecked

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 12:22:33 am »
[INDENT]Dear Mister Not-Quite-As-Anonymous-As-You-Apparently-Think-You-Are,

If Argali finds you are thwarting her attempts to deal with Cult, she will treat you in the same manner as she treats all of their minions.

Otherwise, have possessions of gnomes ready when next we meet.

~Argali Trueaxe

PS. Please note that any feign or pretense of not knowing what she is talking about when we do meet is likewise treated as thwarting her efforts against Cult.
[/INDENT]

Pseudonym

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2010, 03:21:20 am »
*Sometime later, a man and a woman approach the parchment with its ever-increasing series of additions. The man reads for a moment then turns slightly towards his female companion.*

"Liselle. You've read Argali's response?"

"Yes, Lord Arkolio."

"Did I miss an apology in there somewhere amidst the threats?"

"No."

"Did I miss an admission of eternal midget-ey love for Fenrir ... or even a blushing refutation?"

"No."

"Would you say I had been clear with my conditions upon which I would hear Argali's claim for the gnome's possessions?"

"Indeed."

"I thought as much ... and people think I am arrogant. What do you think?"

"I have no thoughts on the matter."

"Fair enough. Shall we?"

*The man offers his arm (which the woman declines) before walking away, toward the harbor*