The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: ship attacked north of Katherian  (Read 205 times)

mixafix

ship attacked north of Katherian
« on: November 28, 2008, 10:47:54 am »
A ship carrying grain - and owned by Grain to Go was overhauled by pirates and captured. Some survivors made it to shore by swimming and report the pirates were likely from Corsain.

mixafix

Re: ship attacked north of Katherian
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 05:09:31 am »
further rumours suggests the Red Bear of Liwich (menace of pirates everywhere) has taken a personal interest in this loss and his agents have been making forceable enquiries

Link092

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 09:29:01 am »
*Idoran catches wind of the rumors, and mutters something about pirates and mercenaries*

"could be somethin' to look into... get my mind off o' the other things..."

Harlas Ravelkione

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2008, 05:29:22 am »
Blasted poirates! *mutters Kobal as he hears this from a travelling merchant* Oi wager Arkolio wont be 'appy once 'e be hearin' dis.

Link092

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 05:20:31 pm »
*Idoran lift's his head from the bar, and begins packing his thing, tossing a sling aside as he leave's the establishment. He was last seen taking a ship out of Hempstead*

Lord Dark

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008, 06:35:22 pm »
*Tod hears the news in the dock and his eyes widen*

I've fought 'gianst giant pit fiends, I've been to the lowest parts of the Deep... well almost, an' I've seen a dragon, all I need now is t' see pirates...!

Link092

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2008, 08:13:06 pm »
*Along with Fleur and Maran, Idoran searched Karthy high and low for anyone or anything that would give them a lead, and even went as far as dragging an embarrassed Maran behind him for a quick look around the xeenite temple.*

Pseudonym

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2008, 05:57:23 pm »
Let it be known that I, Arkolio de'Averlain, offer a 20,000 true reward to any adventurer/s that bring these pirates to justice, be it deserved imprisonment or gruesome dismemberment. For too long have honest merchants and traders suffered under the yoke of these ne'er-do-wells and rouges*!

* :)

mixafix

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2008, 12:13:51 pm »
A crowd gathers at Katherian docks - 20, 000 true gasps one, well count me in! ...and me another adds, before long there is a near stampede as crowds of would be mercenaries and dubious adventurin' types set off.

There has to be something out there will help me solve this one - they claim and counter claim .

Before they have even left the docks one fight breaks out between would be claimants.

(this is an ongoing game while the servers remain up - clues found may lead to a quest session)

Lord Dark

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2008, 07:11:54 pm »
*Tod roams Katherian, telling the authorites where he came across a wreckage that seems to be associate with grain.*

mixafix

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2008, 02:58:49 am »
The authorities takes notes from Tod asking as many questions about Tod as they do about the shipwreck. They don't seem entirely convinced this will solve the matter. Finally they curtly thank him and direct him to one of the owners Arkolio, for any possible reward.

the search for clues is very much still on - for anyone out there wishing a chance at some of Arkolio's reward

clues are in game - no GM required, and will persist as long as central server remains up!

mixafix

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2008, 08:58:23 am »
Clues seem to fade away here, though a mercenary Captain seems to be recruiting individuals for further work

OOC clues no longer in game will move to gaming session with what has been gleaned

mixafix

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2008, 02:56:40 am »
A group of mercenaries led by Phyress and hired by a Captain out of Katherian struck at pirates during an exchange of cargo at a remote island on the Dragon chain. They succesfully captured one ship, not the lost one, and a quantity of grain. One pirate ship and crew were put to flight and many pirates slain in a running battle. Casualties among the mercenary team were light due to some timely use of the Al'Noth. Grain was returned to the rightful owner under salvage laws, all overseen by a Halfling Paladin of Rofirein.

anything