The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Shortages of Ale and Spirits  (Read 554 times)

minerva

Shortages of Ale and Spirits
« on: June 21, 2012, 08:55:33 am »
With the dwindling stores of grain from lean harvests there has been less and less available for commercial enterprises making spirits and ale.  Stores have been diminished and now shortages are in hand.

Wine from Morholt however still flows in abundance and commands a premium price.  There is an active blackmarket in both alcohol and grain diverted for feeding livestock and humans to less scrupulous distilleries.

The following users thanked this post: miltonyorkcastle, Lance Stargazer

Pseudonym

Re: Shortages of Ale and Spirits
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 02:19:26 am »
Sitting back in a recliner on the porch of a large mansion overlooking his vineyards outside Katherian Arkolio idly flips a coin back and forth through the fingers of his left hand, a glass of his latest vintage batch in his right hand.

A servant nearby finishes reading the ledgers of his wine sales over the last few months thanks to the drought. A smile touches his lips. "Ahh, I wonder what the poor people are doing today?" A slight pause. "Actually, I don't really care. Add some water to the latest batches so we can increase the amount we sell. Nobody will care its not as good as the last few batches as they are all desperate for something to drink. Oh, and be sure to make sure we add a few loaves of bread for the urchins in Fort Vehl, doesnt hurt to spread a little of our good fortune around."

Arkolio looked out over the countryside, "Oh I do love the country. So profitable."

anything