The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Smoke in the Forest  (Read 621 times)

minerva

Smoke in the Forest
« on: June 25, 2012, 03:28:51 pm »
Rangers sent out from Rangley to look for Vale refugees return to the town some days later with horrible news.  

Plumes of smoke were seen rising from the forest south of Vale. A few of the group went to investigate leaving the others to search around Vale.

When they came upon what should be the village of Clover, it was a ghost town.  It looked as though the attack came in the night as many were found with their throats cut, still in their beds.  Watch dogs slaughtered efficiently.  What livestock and food might have been was looted.  Bodies of those that may have fought back were pile like cord wood infront of the home that once belonged to a Lucindite.  Rumor was it now belonged to a Folian follower than has not been seen in some time.

Most disturbing of all was the lack of children's bodies in the carnage. Infants and toddlers were gutted and drained of blood, some missing hearts and other organs.

In the village square a symbol, drawn in blood and glittering with mineral dust.  A Ranger copied the mark to parchment with trepetation before drawing water from the well and washing it from existance.

The following users thanked this post: miltonyorkcastle, davidhoff

Aphel

Re: Smoke in the Forest
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 04:25:01 pm »
On his pilgrimage to the Den in the Forest of Fog, an amber-eyed elf with a dirt in his face an his armor and cloak well worn and torn by days on the road begins to listen carefully to the sound of the forest and people that have been hit by the attacks.
He seeks out the places of the crimes and sees to what he can do, appearing untouched by what happened at first.
But at night, he sits down for meditation and revery, a whispered prayer to the Prince of Wolves flows over his lips, the words spoken in elvish joining the sounds of the forrest unheared to careless and even close listeners.

Folian S'Pae, Prince of Fang and Claw, please guide the souls of those murdered through your realm and adopt them to your pack so that they may roam the hunting grounds with you.
Folian S'Pae, Graymane, please give me cunning and strength and luck on the hunt for those that violated the peace of pack and forest. The first kill shall be yours to claim.
Folian S'Pae, Longstrider and fierce stalker, let me be your wolf from the shadows and hunter so I might lead my companions on the right track. Let us act as a pack to bring the Dark Enemy down. Let us stalk and hunt them and chase them before us in fear.
Folian S'Pae, Prince of Fang and Claw, I am not of Ulam nor known among your followers. This ranger needs your help and guidance, and offers his skills and fangs and claws in return.

minerva

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 08:51:12 pm »
PM sent

willhoff

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 09:43:16 pm »
*Drawn to the smoke in the forest, a stout dwarf with a frosty white beard meanders through the forest outskirts surrounding Clover.  Zigruum stops and listens to the sounds of the forest and its inhabitants from time to time before entering Clover and inspecting some of the infant corpses (if they have not been buried yet).

He returns to the forest outskirts and seeks information about the attacks from wild animals that have not yet fled the area.  He inspects the surrounding soils for signs of the blight as well.  He will also speak with rangers or other witnesses trying find out what evil has disturbed the balance of nature in this area.*

anything