The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Something for the weekend  (Read 703 times)

mixafix

Something for the weekend
« on: May 06, 2011, 01:27:17 pm »
I have some clues in game on west that offer individuals the opportunity to group up and RP towards a common goal.

It requires no GM - but I will attempt to field any questions relating to finds.
 (indeed please PM me with any find you do not understand)

It will remain in game while the server is up.

Lance Stargazer

Re: Something for the weekend
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 02:36:55 am »
*A group is seen arriving to Vehl with Smiling faces and tales of a riddle on their lips , they seemed to be moving to the inn, and ready to start the trip to keep looking for the rest of the clues on the morning *

mixafix

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 05:11:33 am »
Vehl guards noting a group of seasoned adventurers in the city record the arrival for public record.

They note the group consisted of

Argos, Rory, SehKy and Keela

mixafix

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 03:21:44 am »
For clarity this game is still running.

There was a technical hitch - so players may find things that should have more text (PM me for clarity re, and with details, of any finds thanks)

Hope to fix the technical hitch today sometime

mixafix

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 06:08:35 pm »
technical hitch fixed. All drops should now be readable. Some RP with PCS should be a consideration for interested parties seeking rumours and clues.

Anything requiring gm clarity - please PM me

Game is still running. Treasure is still out there. RP is still to be had. Dare I say the fun word.

mixafix

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 04:46:07 am »
This game is still running, riches beyond your wildest dreams! all available for the creative questor.

Rumour has it a number of treasure seekers have taken a strong interest in a little known bard Rabi Habiting who came from the vehl area and was in circulation some 50 years ago - though is thought to now be dead. What is it all about  - trues that what..rumour has it some adventurers have some extra true to throw about on any information that they can get their hands on about this character. makes you think doesn't it!

...doesn't it:\

mixafix

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 03:32:53 am »
This game is off meantime due to a server update (and reset)

As it was curtailed early for an update I will rebuild it

(as best I can - given any changes at various locations I have not been made aware of)

and update this forum when it is done.

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 04:30:44 am »
*The group is seen resting on a tent, they were out of luck , as the sandstoorm stroke that night as they were in the middle of the desert, without spirit being broken, they look longly the ay to Spellguard. PErhaps the next day witll be with more luck

mixafix

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2011, 07:32:52 am »
this game is back up again.

go for it!

mixafix

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2011, 12:58:47 pm »
A much feared and respected treasure hunter Foo Hisel has joined the hunt today. Word is he put together a small group of dedicated hunters in Vehl and made tracks for Blackford Castle. Though this might be a ruse as everyone knows all the treasure in the castle there belongs to the Queen.

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2011, 03:06:08 am »
**A grim couple is seen approaching to Blackford castle to inform the grim news of the tragic death of the Famous hunter, its reported that a Blonde human knight and a halfling scamp were seen doing the report and then head all the way to Leringard, planning and thinking of the next step on their trip .*

mixafix

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2011, 12:46:20 pm »
Grim though this news may be to some it is an opportunity to others.

Indications are that though a number of clues have been found no group has gained sufficient knowledge, skill or indeed luck to provide them with the secret of the bard Habiting.

Therefore the secret is still out there. Dungeons still need scoured or perhaps discussion, negotiation and some research is the way forward now. Gaining any information may provide the finder with some financial reward from the hunters.

Time will tell.

xsweetpeaxs

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2011, 03:26:21 am »
*after finding a book and scroll about bard Habiting, a stubby dwarf can be seen searching Whitehorn's dungeon. As she goes deeper down the disease infested dungeon, treasure hunters bodies in contorted positions as if they had died seeking for something valuable. Unfortunately, the dwarf was not the first person to arrive on scene. It appears the 'treasures' have already been taken by someone else without any notice or note left behind.*

// Not sure if it's still going on, found the bodies and treasure chests, but there's nothing inside :( Maybe another group already solved this mystery?

mixafix

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2011, 11:40:46 am »
Thanks for following up a lead. Each time someone does it helps keep the game alive.

It is difficult for me to post progress as it may effect others at any given time and probably falls within the rp aspect of this game.

Dialogue with other PCs may be a way forward at this time to establish what has and has not been achieved. Though players may post IC anything they have made public.

So I have just checked treasures still lie in dungeons. Some clues have been uplifted from around the server, others remain.

Blackford Castle officials confirm the Dwarf's tale, treasure seekers have been reported lost in the Broken Halls and it would appear another group have searched the area too.

xsweetpeaxs

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2011, 03:08:17 pm »
*within the Broken Halls, you can hear punching noises against the wall from an angry dwarf, a frustrated goblin and his wolf companion*

"Dis second trip down Broken Halls, I no find treasure, I punch Blackford Castle guards in face! You coming with me?" *turns to look at the goblin*

"Grovel fears nothing."

*they party found a new clue and is heading to the desert*

"Stupid hot sun, I no like sun on my skin. RrRrrghhh.. this is RrrggghHH."

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2011, 05:43:51 pm »
*Argos hears of the rumor by the guards on Blackford Castle, he tiltied his head and smiles a bit*

Now this is getting intresting.

**with that siad, he is seen looking around for Rory and start to move towards south of Blackford castle on the way to Fort Llast *

mixafix

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2011, 04:24:29 am »
An experienced and well travelled treasure hunter Lodesov Hindsight held a bard conference yesterday to report on his search for the treasure of Rabi Habiting.

"Yes once it became common knowledge the bard had put together three separate clues, hidden by an agent in some of the foulest places imaginable it would seem some amateur treasure hunters made tracks for these places and removed the clues, which needed to be put together to reveal the hiding place of his treasure.

Though the three clues never came together it seems at least one group recognised the likely place and set foot for Storan's Crypt where they may have found ..a treasure..but not...the treasure.

(reports say an element of smugness crept in here)
 No the method of hiding and the location were quite clever and the clues to that ..lay with an old flyer for the bard's performances at Vehl - and with his family who live not so far from Vehl.

Funny thing was when I got there...the treasure was gone! Still win some lose some...I'm sure there'll be more."

This game has now ended with a reset. Thanks to all for playing _ I really appreciate the effort and particularly of course the RP involved in negotiating and searching for clues.

I will prepare another one in due course.

xsweetpeaxs

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2011, 08:19:02 am »
*after hearing the announcement, the stubby dwarf can be seen running around Vehl yelling*

"RrRrrghhh.. this is RrrggghHh! So close but no luck."

*bystanders seems to question her sanity*

// Looking fwd to the next one!

anything