The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Storytelling Night: Dragons  (Read 460 times)

Carillon

Storytelling Night: Dragons
« on: July 04, 2010, 06:11:39 pm »
Before the time of elves and men
Before the dwarves first worked in stone
And halflings wandered desert sands,
One creature called the world its own

First as gods, then fearsome beasts
These mighty serpents roamed the world
And those who glimpse them, even now
Stand in awe at wings unfurled

Scalding breath and wicked fangs,
Claws and teeth and flashing scales
By these we know the mighty dragon,
Subject of a thousand tales

Wyrmlings hatching from an egg,
Wicked beasts and fearsome foes,
Saviors calling heroes forth
And heralds of the greatest woes

Lords of ice and kings of fire,
Wreathed in mystery and lore--
You may know a hundred tales ...
But would you like to know one more?

Poets, storytellers, bards
And any with a myth or song,
Join us where Twin Dragons ward
For dragon stories all night long.
[/B][/I][/font][/size]

//Join us for an RP night of stories about dragons, that may or may not be plot-related, or include information relevant to the current plot.

Please consider bringing a story, myth, tale, legend, song or poem about a dragon to share. However, if you really can't think of one, don't let it stop you from coming to enjoy the RP. Just please don't bring any copyrighted material from other sources, obviously!

See calendar event here for more details sign up.

The following users thanked this post: EdTheKet, lonnarin

EdTheKet

Re: Storytelling Night: Dragons
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 05:35:46 pm »
Sponsored by The Loremaster and something not yet released on LORE will be told here ;)

Acacea

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 07:48:43 pm »
[INDENT]An odd assortment of small objects with marked sides scatter across a scarred table like thrown dice, and she peers over at them with a comically serious expression while precariously perched on a wobbling stack of books. "But which one? Which one!"[/INDENT]

//
Quote from: EdTheKet
Sponsored by The Loremaster

Please come despite that! Teehee. (I don't really say that in real life. Ever. It just seemed appropriate. :P)

and something not yet released on LORE will be told here ;)

Many somethings really, since technically all PC stories are unreleased to LORE... so in addition to whatever Ed has allowed somebody to tell, your fellow players will bring their own. Even better! ;)

\\\

Carillon

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010, 01:57:57 pm »
//Just to answer a few questions, since I think Ed's rather spontaneous endorsement of this event may have confused a few people and I'd like to be clear ...

- This is a player-run event, not a GM run event, and my role in organizing is as a player and WL, not as a DM! As such, I don't know if there will be DM quest XP and I can't control that, but there may be WL-given RP XP for storytellers. ;)

- The intention of this event is for players to come and share stories about dragons, and hopefully share some insight about the dragon-related plot while we're at it. If a GM wants to drop in and spice things up with an NPC or what not, they are always of course welcome and invited, but the intention of the event is for player-fueled sharing.

- If new Ed-sponsored lore information is being released somehow through this event, then cool! I look forward to hearing it! But no, I have never seen this content before nor know how it will be released, so I'll be just as surprised as the rest of you.

Okay, all that said, I am just crossing my fingers that this works! I really do hope people come and share stories and plot information and good times, and bring their own quest tales, made up dragon stories, or whatever they please!

Hope to see you tomorrow,

~Carillon

Carillon

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 06:37:22 pm »
A note for new players, or anyone who doesn't know how to find the Twin Dragons Inn:

Take the ship or road to Leringard, and make your way to the Leringard area (not the Leringard Docks area). The Twin Dragons Inn is near the corner of the map, just across from the real estate office. It is #137 Leringard.

Look for the dragon statue placed outside to mark the spot, or feel free to message Jaelle Thornwood (my character) in game if you get lost.

Cheers!