The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Mariner's Hold Voted Best Well Water in the Realms!  (Read 436 times)

lonnarin

Mariner's Hold Voted Best Well Water in the Realms!
« on: July 12, 2012, 12:10:57 am »
In a world where aquifers grow mold and mad alchemists poison well with reckless abandon, it is good news to hear that Mariner's Hold tops the world in drinkable well water.  Residents attest that as of late the well water of this fair city has improved tenfold with an extra sparkle and zing to the taste.  Many gnomes claim this to be a result of mineral deposits within the aquifers, while Councilman Grue applauds the efforts of the local Aqueduct Maintenance Task Force (AMTF) for their vigilance and duty. Some residents have even claimed restorative powers while alchemists flock to the area to fill their tonics with this most splendid drink.  So said the local farmer Quintus Ogden, "My bunions, it done cured by bunions.  I swears it.  Two bottles a day keep your bunions at bay!"

In other news, Azattan and Aeridenite protestors clash with townguards today, debating the conditions of the local "Sanitarium", the criminal rehabillitation project put together by the local council.  Activists declare the ediface to be a "Tower of Torment" and residents living nearby complain of being kept up at night from strange screams from the building, located in the outskirts.  All messengers sent to the Sanitarium have yet to report back, and adventurers sent to investigate have been nonresponsive.  Overzealous protestor miiitant groups are suspected.

The Seas to the north of Hurm are abuzz today with reports of "Sea Monsters" and "Sailors turned to fishlords" today, according to many mariners interviewed.  "I saw it, the eyes of Evil.  Peered into the depths I did, the maelstrom came in a wave of tentacles.  My mind burned as it roared, me mateys dragged below the sea."  and "The eyes, the hate filled eyes...".  These poor men, rescued from floating debris my merchant ships are under close observation.  Enchantment is suspected, and foul play.

A Ship of the Line of the Prantz Armada has gone missing this month, somewhere in the vicinity of Lost Pirate territory.  Prantz officials are offering a 5000 true reward for any information that may prove useful in the safe return the lost ship and its crew.  Captain Slate of the Prantz Armada is a decorated figure for his efforts in pirate hunting in the deep seas, well beyond the safe territory sailed by most merchant vessels.  Says one merchant of the House of Gromor, "That man is a hero.  The lengths he has gone to keeping our routes open put money in my pocket and food in my childrens' bellies."

anything