The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: The Broken Halls  (Read 1090 times)

geloooo

The Broken Halls
« on: November 23, 2011, 09:17:03 am »
[SIZE=18]
Chapter One: Convergence
[/B][/SIZE]
[INDENT][INDENT]The ruins of the Broken Halls linger on within the dense Whitehorn Forest, all semblances of pride and majesty stripped away like mere cloth. At peace and content to remain broken, it stays on its outcrop of stone and earth as it is slowly consumed by nature. Such peace is shattered as a commotion stirs near the entrance. What lurks within these halls? Would you dare to find out?[/FONT]//The scenes will be set through forum RP. Once you’ve reached a certain point, a quest will be scheduled to deal with further development.
[/INDENT][/INDENT]

blonde

Re: The Broken Halls
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 03:20:05 am »
A bowshot from the entrance of the halls, Micus sits perched on an outcropping of rocks between the dense trees. One knee on the cold stone, on the other rests his curved blade. He keeps his cloak draped over the blade to conceal the glow it emanates while observing the entrance area.

Serissa

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 05:30:33 pm »
As Kat was making her way north, she noted the unusual activity near the ruins and cautiously circled through the woods to get a better look.  Spotting Micus, she approached him and asked, 'What's going on?'

blonde

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 04:30:03 am »
Micus gestures for Kat to come closer and stay low.

He smiles to her as she comes up next to him. "Hello Kat. I'm not sure what is going on, but let's get a little closer so we can get a better look." Micus goes through the gestures of two invisibility spells, allowing them to approach undetected.

Aphel

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 10:17:50 am »
A lot of commotion nowadays, a lot of people trying to be silent. He followed them, slowly, carefully, without revealing himself. Before Micus casts his spell, he approaches and whispers:
"You sure you don't need backup?"

blonde

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2011, 11:22:21 am »
He greets Aden as he emerges from a shadow, and stops the casting of his spell. "Hello Aden, I'm glad to see you. We could certainly use someone with your scouting skills. Think you can sneak up and get a look at what's happening there?" He points in the direction of the entrance to the Halls.

Aphel

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2011, 12:05:45 pm »
"Depends on what you think is up there."
He smiles enigmatically from under the hood at Kat, then at Micus before looking ahead.

blonde

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2011, 12:23:07 pm »
"Well isn't that your job to figure out sneak?" He smiles at Aden and gives him a reassuring pat on the shoulder.

Aphel

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2011, 05:13:31 pm »
The elf with the amber eyes doesn't respond and makes a few steps back, before disappearing behind cover. He takes his time to slowly make his way to the entry, scouting out the area.

geloooo

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2011, 10:17:28 pm »
[INDENT][INDENT]As you approach the entrance, you suddenly notice a lithe figure leaning on a section of wall. The figure is garbed in the clothing of a woodsman yet he seems to be reading a large book with sigils of the Al'Noth on it. His eyes focus on the book for a moment before noticing your presence. His eyes focus on each one of you before returning to the book. He does not speak. [/INDENT][/INDENT]

blonde

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2011, 04:01:11 am »
Micus approaches the figure calmly. His eyes rest on the book for a moment before he speaks. "We are looking for a person named Bram. Is that you per chance?" He unrolls the poster and holds it up.

geloooo

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2011, 07:03:03 am »
[INDENT][INDENT]The figure nods and holds up a hand silently. He then treads quietly away from the entrance, beckoning the others to follow. Upon reaching a reasonable distance, he finally speaks.
"Aye. You folks here for the job?"
He then holds out a hand.
"Flyers?"[/INDENT][/INDENT]

Serissa

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2011, 10:18:35 am »
*Kat shrugs*  I don't have one.  I just happened on Micus as I was heading north.  What's this all about, anyway?

Aphel

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2011, 02:02:43 pm »
*Aden hands over his flyer, remaining silent*

geloooo

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2011, 01:48:26 am »
[INDENT][INDENT]The man nods and takes the flyers given to him. He then turns to face Kat and smiles slightly.
"Well, for you, pretty lady, I can make an exception..."
"The task is simple, I've been tracking this guy for weeks now, his name is Lucius, a rogue darkweaver. Why? Well, he kidnapped an associate of mine named Keith. I finally found him inside that dank dungeon."

He takes out a pipe and begins to puff on it for a while.
"Sufficed to say, I'm not readily available to tackle any darkweavers hence the job. Get inside, slay the bastard, and bring back Keith."
He takes another puff.
"Bring me his head and I'll reward you with trues and treasure."[/INDENT][/INDENT]

Serissa

« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2011, 04:07:16 pm »
Sir, if your purpose is the retrieval of Keith, why would you need the head of Lucius?

geloooo

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2012, 11:33:04 pm »
[INDENT][INDENT]"What part of rogue darkweaver didn't you understand? Go parley with him if you want to. I doubt that will do anything. Just bring me back Keith and put a stopper on Lucius once and for all. We'll talk trues once you get the job done."
With a snort, he nods at all of you and bids you all good luck.
[/INDENT][/INDENT]

geloooo

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2012, 11:34:50 pm »
//HOLD. Please standby for in-game updates.