The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: The Harbormaster in Katherian...  (Read 426 times)

miltonyorkcastle

The Harbormaster in Katherian...
« on: December 21, 2012, 09:47:07 am »
... notes the absence of a ship due to arrive in port that day. Three days later, and the ship is assumed lost. It was a merchant vessel, supposed to deliver a variety of goods to Katherian, namely to one of the great houses that rules the city. Needless to say, representatives of this house were on hand at the Harbormaster's office to inquire about the ship. All he could say is that he had heard or seen nothing of it since the last time it was in the Katherian port some weeks before.

No word of storms have made their way back to port, and in fact the sea has been nothing but calm for weeks. Neither is the Sea of Harj known for piracy, what with the navies of the island nations so close at hand. Some wonder if it was a sea monster that ate the ship, and others blame a more natural accident, such as a lamp oil fire.

The following users thanked this post: Dezza, Spike

Spike

Re: The Harbormaster in Katherian...
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 03:40:48 pm »
A conversation overheard at the local tavern near the Katherian docks.

"Did you hear about that missing ship that was meant to dock a few days ago? I heard it was for one of the great houses."

"Aye! I did, O'l jimmy swears that it was a sea monster that pulled it into the depths, a dark curse if you ask me."

"True that, that's not the only thing though. I heard only this mourning that they found a whole heap of hearts lying on the dock where the ship was due, what do you make of that then ehh?"

"Most likely a mix up, you know that Eric the butcher buys them in occasionally, pig hearts that is, he makes a tasty pie with them. Had one last week for me supper, delicious it was."

"That's what I thought as well! Only I just heard that they weren't animal hearts, but human!"

"Human? Ahh you're pulling me leg now."

"No I swear! Human! Over fifteen I heard! Just lying there in a bloody heap, for anyone to find. Tis' a bad omen if you ask me, dark times ahead for this city. I'm just glad me ol' ma didn't see them, she would have had a heart attack herself!"

"Har! You are pulling me leg! Now stop talking nonsense and go buy the next round."

anything