The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: The Horse and the Crowd. A Quickie Story.  (Read 510 times)

willhoff

Re: The Horse and the Crowd. A Quickie Story.
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2009, 02:24:41 pm »
*Vrebel stops when Sadie stops and returns Jennara's glance with a slight smile and a twinkle in his eyes, then looks impatiently at the halfling and Kit and then finally back to Sadie*  We goin' fer a walk er what Sadie?

SteveMaurer

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2009, 02:48:41 pm »
Quote from: miltonyorkcastle
"Yeah, I seen your flashy magics. Maybe it's a woman, maybe it's not. Not my job to figure that out. My job is, however, to make sure you lot of so-called adventurers don't start drawing swords in the middle of the city for no good reason. I notice you're all getting a little ancy over there. You may wish to take your little show outside the city."

"OK, ocifer," Rottie declares.  "I sure hope I cen get 'em ta listen."   He sighs.   "Venturers.   They don' listen ta me." He then sighs even more heavily.  "They don' listen ta nobody."

Rottie pulls out his comically undersized (nonmagical) Az'atta cloak,  and whispers a prayer over the holy symbol sewn into its back, begging for aid with impossible causes.

"Hey people!"  He bellows.   "Let's be nice ta da nice guard lady, an' go outside town, OK?"

"If 'ya need any help with anythin', I cen do it for ya," he says to the officer, before departing.

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2009, 03:22:14 pm »
As though Rottie's yelling were the cue, Sadie answers Vrebel's question by beginning her trot anew, and leaves what is Haven City proper. The halfling follows along, Jennara close by, and he appears much more comfortable now that he's on the move.

SteveMaurer

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2009, 06:54:41 pm »
Rottie quickly follows, but stays at a distance.

davidhoff

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2009, 07:11:52 pm »
Tralek follows the horse out of the town proper.  He seems to be playing something over and over again in his head...a chant perhaps.

As he's walking out of town he gets up along side Rottie and asks him "hey Rottie what do you think the chances are that the halfling has some kinda hold over the horsegirl, like blackmail or he'll hurt her family, or maybe he knows a secret way of harming her?

willhoff

« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2009, 07:46:03 pm »
*Vrebel follows Sadie closely as she leaves Haven City*  *he chuckles to himself upon seeing a mighty group of adventurers being led by a horse*

SteveMaurer

« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2009, 01:46:31 pm »
Quote from: davidhoff
Tralek follows the horse out of the town proper.  He seems to be playing something over and over again in his head...a chant perhaps.

As he's walking out of town he gets up along side Rottie and asks him "hey Rottie what do you think the chances are that the halfling has some kinda hold over the horsegirl, like blackmail or he'll hurt her family, or maybe he knows a secret way of harming her?

Rottie muses judgmentally...   "I dunno, bu' there's gotta be somethn'.   Any horse tough enough ta buck off a real paladin ain' gonna be scared a no haflin'.   Least not usual."

He keeps walking.  "Mebbe i's the curse.    I figgure if ya gonna spell  someone, ya'd figgure a way to keep 'em from jus' walkin ta the nearest Lucinda temple an' start countin with hooves, dancin', or doin' somethin' weird tha' horses don' do.   You magic guys is pretty smart.    Seein' a horse do that, you'd figgure that out quick.      So mebbe she not only gotta look like a horse, she gotta act like one too."

"Mebbe you should keep up with that spell you was doin'.   Even if it don' kill the curse, could be brusin' it a bit.   Gettin' it all banged up, and no' feelin' well, like it got whomped by a giant.   More ya do that, I'll bet, the less it got a hold on her."

"Mebbe," he concludes.

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2009, 03:28:18 pm »
//// The quest is on the calender now; thanks to Steve for reminding me I forgot to put it up. We still start in Haven, basically at the point everyone decides to leave/follow Sadie. ////