The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: The Old Stalking Grounds  (Read 690 times)

ShiffDrgnhrt

The Old Stalking Grounds
« on: August 10, 2014, 05:29:06 pm »
That night was dark and cloudy, a perfect night for stalking.She had remained at the scene, on the roof top the assassin had used to kill the halfling, looking for someone to come check the scene.  While the assassin's aim was true and deadly, her immediate pursuit did not give the assassin time to confirm him kill.  She expected someone to come investigate.But no one did.  I must be getting rusty, she thought.  It had been too long since she'd stalked Vehl.  The criminal patterns had changed and she was out of touch.  New players were moving pieces, and she hoped some of the old ones were still alive to help.After a pit stop at the One Eyed Harpy to resume being Lavender Blacklace, she made her way quickly and carefully to the Green Dragon's auxiliary entrance, only used for those guests requiring descretion.  Making her way back to the room, she met the charter captain, a fellow Tau'ren Officer."You're late," the Captain said, arms crossed and looking angry.  "You promised the King-""My promise was that I would not cause trouble."  She sighed, and checked on her make up in a small mirror from her satchel.  "I ran into a crime in progress, well a few really, and decided to investigate.  Something I recall being commissioned to do for Taur'en.""Yes, when you're in Taur'en.""Look, the King granted me leave to return to Mistone, and now I'm here."  She tucked the mirror away and looked back at the Captain.  "If you want to return to White Mouth Harbor and inform the King of my intentions here-""No, no.  I'm just urging caution.  Co'rys may be as lawless as you say it is, but a standing exile is not something to ignore from any of the realms."  He walked up to her, grabbing her gently by the shoulders.  "You are at great risk here.""I know I am."  She smiled, then stepped away from him.  "I was exiled for doing something terrible.  Before I go I have to at least try to balance that out with something good."  She picked up her things and went toward one of the suites two bedrooms.  "I need to at least try.  I do have one favor to ask, however.""What is that?" the Captain asked."Be ready to leave at a moments notice.""Aye, ma'am.""Good."  She turned to the Captain from beyond the portal to her room.  "Tomorrow starts a return to my old stalking grounds.  And I may need a quick exit."  First stop, she thought, some old friends.  

The following users thanked this post: mixafix, miltonyorkcastle, gilshem ironstone, Ravemore, Teo, Aphel, Brutus_Clawfoot

ShiffDrgnhrt

She still smelled of death
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 12:03:02 pm »

She still smelled of death and sea water when she finally returned to the Green Dragon.

It had been a long night, tracking down "Brother Justice" and his friend "Revenant," and Tyra was exhausted.  

And exposed.

The trip beneath the sea washed away her make up, and her desire to make sure her son remained safe made her cast off her disguise to be involved in the under ground ruins.  And if she had any shred of cover left then, it was lost when she flipped out when Ty was dominated.  Now all she wanted to do was escape the city before everything fell apart.

She had to play the most anxious game of leap frog with Ty'riel to get back to the inn.  He would scout ahead, and then she would move as quickly and quietly as possible through the alleys to avoid detection.  People slinking about was not an uncommon sight in Vehl, so she did not expect to arouses suspicion, but she had not been careful enough that night as it was, she was not going to take any more risks.

She entered through a back door, and raced up to her room, scaring her Captain friend upon entry.  "What in Mist's Fury are you doing?  You're going to get caught!"

"Shh!  I don't have time to argue."  She gathered her scattered belongings from the suite and started packing what she couldn't keep on her person any longer.  "Take my things to the ship, get ready to set sail.  I want to leave to-"

"Hang on, impulsive one."  The Captain came over, handing her a letter.  "While you were out, seems someone you know well dropped these off.  You might want to read it."

"Who would know I'm-"  Her words trailed off when she saw the symbol on the seal of the first .  A buckle.  She torn it open and read it quickly.  A meeting about the stars, theories suggested.  Dated a month ago.  Blast, I should've been there.  The second letter was within the first, some kind of request for guards at a dig site.  Addressed to the public, but from Aragen's temple in Bydell.  Something in Co'rys?  Perhaps linked to the stars recent shifting?  She had to find out.

The look she had on her face must have told the Captain everything he needed to know, and likely expected.  "I'll have your things packed immediately and cast off.  I'm leaving you hear so you can go be the noisey pain in everyone's side you are so adept at being.  If you get caught here, good luck.  Not sure if King Bydell or anyone at Fort Angle can help you out of this mess."

"Well I appreciate that but-"

"And give me your rank insignia."

"What?!"  Tyra wasn't sure if he was joking.

"If you get caught, the last thing the King will want is someone here thinking you are here doing spying for him.  Or for anyone to have a fresh officer's rank insignia to fence. "

"You have a good point.  It's in my luggage.  I am not stupid enough to carry it around."

"But you are dumb enough to bring it with you on a trip you shouldn't have gone on to begin with.  How on earth did you convince the King to let you-"

"I did him a favor.  In the Hills."

The Captain nodded.  "Ah... well that would do it.  Alright, ma'am.  I'll be about my business.  I'll find you in White Mouth Harbor when you get around.  But you owe me one."

"Aye, aye, Captain.  And thank you."

"You're welcome."  With a nod he left, and Tyra started a fire in the hearth, thinking about how in the world she was going to figure out why the stars were acting strange without ending up in a windowless cell deep in the ground like the Jester...

anything