The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Vengeance for a Slight  (Read 3467 times)

Ravemore

Vengeance for a Slight
« on: November 05, 2022, 10:03:41 pm »
Stygian is weaving his way among the stalls of the Leringard market looking for interesting odds and ends. He is nibbling out of a small bowl of shaved ice covered in blackberry syrup. While licking the wooden spoon he is abruptly bumped by a burly man wearing the badge of a member of the dockworker’s guild and his shaved ice tumbles to the ground. He stares at it for a few minutes… anger rising in him like a furnace being coaxed to life. The man growls at Stygian “Stay out of my way little man.” Stygian smiles. “Forgive me sir. I should have been paying closer attention to my surroundings. I was looking for rare magical items masquerading as mundane junk. Luckily, I found a few…” He pauses as the large man shows immediate interest and he responds... “I wish I could find something magical to bring that shrew of a wife of mine to heel.” Stygian smiles. There is an evil glint in his eye that almost dissuades the large man… almost. Stygian says, "my name is Adder, and for a simple bowl of shaved ice with some blackberry syrup I’ll provide you the cure for your unfortunate marital situation. No other charge.” The man turns and hurriedly makes his way to the shaved ice vendor.

When the man returns with Stygian’s bowl of shaved ice, they head to a nearby alleyway for some privacy. Stygian extends his hand and opens it. Inside is a small leather pouch. “There is a magical dust inside this pouch. When your wife is in the kitchen cutting up the meat for your dinner, pour this dust into your palm and toss it into the air in a way that it will cover both of you… then tell her how you feel about her being a shrew. I assure you, things will resolve themselves.” The man takes the pouch with a grunt and quickly leaves without so much as a thank you. *Stygian chuckles as he leaves and wonders how things will turn out with all that Star Dust of Grand floating in the air in such a small room full of cutlery.

The following users thanked this post: miltonyorkcastle, eltalstroneves, davidhoff