The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Griefing, Guilds, Sex, Telepathy, Deities Update  (Read 1715 times)

Leanthar

Griefing, Guilds, Sex, Telepathy, Deities Update
« on: November 30, 2005, 10:07:00 am »
I want to remind everybody once again that ALL guilds, associations, clans, or whatever you may want to call them are to be approved by us before they are allowed. They are not allowed until that is done. We do this for a good reason; we do it so that we can keep the server a family oriented server as well as to protect the community and feel of the server. This is a rule that will not be deviated from and it is important to the server and community.  Sex, in all forms is off limits in all locations associated to Layonara. Kisses, hugs, displays of emotion/effection are fine, as is marriage. But it must be decent enough for a family environment, use common sense.Do not solicit for it in any way shape or form, ever. Do not grief with it in any way shape or form. This is very important to the support of the community. If this rule is not followed I will need to ban it completely. Do not use Layonara as a sex environment; do not use Layonara, to find friends/mates in order to have sex etc. Do not use tells or anything like that to have sex in a non-RP fashion—it is unacceptable. That is not what this server is about—no exceptions. And please do not make me try to define RP and sex RP. Let’s use common sense on this subject.  If a player is found to cause hardship or is griefing another player with things of this nature it is grounds for banning and there may be no additional warning at all. This is a hard fast rule from this point forward.   Telepathy; There is a reason we do not allow this ability, even though it does exist in D&D and such. People tend to abuse this and we have seen this trend recently. Telepathy is forbidden unless it is done in a GM run quest via the GM and the player only or unless a GM is interacting with another player in some way—GM not player to player. There are no exceptions to this rule. I have seen too many abuses over the course of my GM’ing years and I continue to see it happening.  Deities do not interact with players at all. The only exception is when a GM is interacting with a player and is RP’ing the personification of the deity. Players do not have sex with the deities, they do not communicate with them. GM’s are the only ones that can initiate the contacting of a deity.  We don't need nor do we want this type of thing here, nor do we want the real life implications. We should not have to spend countless hours on things like this and I think everybody knows what Layonara is about--and it is not this sort of stuff. If you want to do this sort of thing then Layonara is not the server for you, and that is a fact. If you want to do that sort of thing it is time to move on and find another server as it will not be tolerated here.  

Folks, Layonara is a family server. The team needs your help to keep this community alive and family oriented.  

Let’s keep it that way. When you see this sort of thing being abused let the team know so that we can handle it as quickly as possible.  

stragen

RE: Griefing, Guilds, Sex, Telepathy, Deities Update
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 05:51:09 am »
Dear GMs,

I just saw the reference to this requirement about approval of guilds.  Now the Farstriders would not consider themselves a guild.  But to others it might look that way.  Could you please outline the steps required for the Farstriders to become and offical organisation.  Organisation is possibly an oxymoron given the extremely loose nature of the group.  Each member-character simple pledges to uphold the cause of good and each other.  Membership is gained simply by a nomination and seconding at a meeting.

In Good Roleplaying Spirt,

Stragen

Leanthar

Doc-Holiday

Leanthar

Re: Griefing, Guilds, Sex, Telepathy, Deities Update
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 02:49:08 pm »
Thanks Doc, updated.

silverdraco

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2006, 01:12:56 am »
so many rule changes I guess I'll have to check out the rules once more, it hase been a while.

Eight-Bit

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2006, 01:03:18 pm »
Some people are wackos, boss.

Doc-Holiday

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2006, 03:20:09 pm »
yes but we still love you

Harlas Ravelkione

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2006, 11:05:56 pm »
silverdraco - 10/3/2006 10:12 AM so many rule changes I guess I'll have to check out the rules once more, it hase been a while.
 Using common sense is enough, really.

Dorganath

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2006, 05:40:29 am »
Harlas Ravelkione - 10/4/2006  1:05 AM    
silverdraco - 10/3/2006 10:12 AM so many rule changes I guess I'll have to check out the rules once more, it hase been a while.
 Using common sense is enough, really.

Seconded.
  Most of our rule changes have come because people did not exhibit this trait. Sad, but true.

Doc-Holiday

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2006, 10:19:43 am »
It's a dump stat

twidget658

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2009, 11:19:46 pm »
Quote from: Leanthar
I want to remind everybody once again that ALL guilds, associations, clans, or whatever you may want to call them are to be approved by us before they are allowed. They are not allowed until that is done. We do this for a good reason; we do it so that we can keep the server a family oriented server as well as to protect the community and feel of the server. This is a rule that will not be deviated from and it is important to the server and community.

Sex, in all forms is off limits in all locations associated to Layonara. Kisses, hugs, displays of emotion/effection are fine, as is marriage. But it must be decent enough for a family environment, use common sense. Do not solicit for it in any way shape or form, ever. Do not grief with it in any way shape or form. This is very important to the support of the community. If this rule is not followed I will need to ban it completely. Do not use Layonara as a sex environment; do not use Layonara, to find friends/mates in order to have sex etc. Do not use tells or anything like that to have sex in a non-RP fashion-it is unacceptable. That is not what this server is about-no exceptions. And please do not make me try to define RP and sex RP. Let's use common sense on this subject. If a player is found to cause hardship or is griefing another player with things of this nature it is grounds for banning and there may be no additional warning at all. This is a hard fast rule from this point forward.

Telepathy; There is a reason we do not allow this ability, even though it does exist in D&D and such. People tend to abuse this and we have seen this trend recently. Telepathy is forbidden unless it is done in a GM run quest via the GM and the player only or unless a GM is interacting with another player in some way-GM not player to player. There are no exceptions to this rule. I have seen too many abuses over the course of my GM'ing years and I continue to see it happening.

Deities do not interact with players at all. The only exception is when a GM is interacting with a player and is RP'ing the personification of the deity. Players do not have sex with the deities, they do not communicate with them. GM's are the only ones that can initiate the contacting of a deity. We don't need nor do we want this type of thing here, nor do we want the real life implications. We should not have to spend countless hours on things like this and I think everybody knows what Layonara is about--and it is not this sort of stuff. If you want to do this sort of thing then Layonara is not the server for you, and that is a fact. If you want to do that sort of thing it is time to move on and find another server as it will not be tolerated here.

Folks, Layonara is a family server. The team needs your help to keep this community alive and family oriented.

Let's keep it that way. When you see this sort of thing being abused let the team know so that we can handle it as quickly as possible.

Doing the ol' bumpity bump bump.

Dorganath

anything