The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Question about a rp of stealing a sumon or familiar  (Read 1522 times)

Hellblazer

Question about a rp of stealing a sumon or familiar
« on: December 21, 2006, 07:23:35 pm »
After reading a post made by a player today, I talked to him/her in game and found out that her char was forced into a rp that forced him/her to log off frustrated after 2 hours.
  Now this has three folds.
  1- a char stoled her pixie
  2- she was told by many people even some old timers that it was illegal for her to unsomon her pixie.
  3- she repeated many times that after the first 10 min that it was not fun to her, but was answered that it was for the others.

My first points is, I thought that stealing on this server was frowned upon in any of its form? IF a thief can't go and take your gold by sneaking, i think its even more wrong to blantly steal some one sumons ( how ever that was done). And since steeling is against server rules, I am wondering how can so many people who saw that going on did not 1 reported it or 2 told them to put an end to it?
  My second point, and most important for me, is: as the character controls the sumon/familiar/companion, controling them on when to come, when to leave and even their action in game. I am wondering how it would be against server rules to rp having them removed from this plane to send them back to their excistensial planes from where they came from, when they were called upon.?
  Thirdly, I would think that people after a few reapeted attempt of being told that this has past the fun point for them, that this would stop before it became a greif for the person to who it was done to. But He/She was told that even if it was not fun to him/her it was to them and they kept going until He/She logged frustrated. Now I understand that some people may have been having fun, but is that not going against ethiquet of good role playing when you force you rp onto people that did tell you it was not fun for them after 10 min and you kept it going for an other hour and 50 min?
  So basicaly i would like feed back on those, but especialy about the unsomoning rules that was told to her to keep that rp going against her wish.
  If this is not the right place please move it to where it should be.

Leanthar

Re: Question about a rp of stealing a sumon or familiar
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 07:53:31 pm »
I will come back to this tomorrow when I am not so tired and worn out.   But to touch on the unsummoning. I suppose it would depend on the RP situation. If there was something happening via RP (or whatever) that caused the summons to not be able to be unsummoned then I can see how this would be true (that unsummoning would not be an option). I don't know the situation so I don't know how this came to be. But the player has/had control of their summons (or familiar--whatever it was) and could do what he/she wanted if it was within RP.   If the player has issues the player needs to report them through the official channels (disputes forums) and supply the logs and screenshot.   Again, I am tired and worn out tonight and I am not going to discuss this at length since it is one of those subjects that players bring up from time to time and sadly it tends to get bent out of proportion. I hope this one does not go there.  
  If somebody was griefing him/her then that player needs to supply the proof and that person should do it in a fairly quick fashion so that we can handle the situation.

Hellblazer

RE: Question about a rp of stealing a sumon or familiar
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 08:21:27 pm »
Aye i told him to post a greivance as he/she felt wronged, but he/she told me that (lets call him she as the char is a she) she just found out today how to take a screenshot and does not have the log rotator.

Witch Hunter

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2006, 08:02:46 am »
No offence Hellblazer but your meddling in this without even knowing both sides of the story is SO annoying.

No one force captured her pixie, she was welcome to leave, we had -A- pixie and we continued the affair even after she left with great success and fun.

And just for the record, if I knew she'd take it to the DM's it take screenshots of her
1) Not saying "this is annoying please stop" until she LOGGED OFF.
2) Claiming the server sucks for not allowing her to attack me
3) Constatly bothering me over tells even when she was not involved anymore

Also we did not act until Ozy told us that she could not control the pixie if it was captured.

Period, really.

Leanthar

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2006, 08:20:07 am »
Enough already. This thread is locked.