The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Blackford War Council  (Read 1305 times)

Dezza

Blackford War Council
« on: January 26, 2011, 06:24:24 pm »
//This thread is for communications from players and the like to the War Council and for major developments through the council in Blackford.  The War Council is established for all nations involved in the War against Kuhl to meet at the same level and receive direct intelligence from the War zone through Daniella Stormhaven, Lance Stargazer, Fenrir Thornaxe or Beli Tenker.

Hilm:
Sir Lance Stargazer is the overall Campaign Commander in Hilm working alongside Lord Alexander.

Toran:
Lady Daniella Stormhaven represents the Toranite armies and is the main liason between Blackford and Hilm for Sir Lance.

Battle Academy Stort:
Fenrir Thornaxe runs the Battle Academy on Stort and has extensive military and tactics skills to use in explaining things to the council.

Faiths:
Buddy Tenker is the main point of contact for all Faiths involved who wish to present information, ask questions, make complaints, etc to the War Council. Some faiths may have other representatives on the council due to the numbers they have supplied.

Trelania:
Queen Mouring/ Ambassador Botticello of Trelania take turns on the Council.

Moraken and the Pheonix Quill.

Boyer & Runic Anvil:
Kobal Bluntaxe would be there to represent the Runic Anvil and Boyer.

Rofirein:
Heart of the Dragon and Commander Mistone Chapter Jennara, Knights of the Wyrm Mistone Chapter Divisional Commander Sir Bretan Parth for Rofirein.

Dragonsong Dominion:
Heir to the Dominus Lord Sander.

Lor/Golden/Castle Mask:
Captain Argali for the Combined armies of Lor, Golden and Castle Mask.

Vorax:
General Longpike on behalf of General Mournmalk in Belinara for Vorax.

Erilyn:
Cassius Drayton along with Knight Councilor Honora Tannerson represent Erilyn.

Liwich:
Lord Marcheisan Anovarias and Lord G'ork for Liwich.

Brelin:
Lord Haygle Mir of Port Hempstead, also a Master merchant on the Council of Guilds.

Telish Throne:
Captain Andoh of the Telish Throne

Bilkan Kingdom
Sitchu of Hiso, Manamar Dre'zu

Lucinda:
Rork and the Dragonlinks
Conner has been asked to sit on the council as he is in charge of the magical communication system that he has established with the Lucindites who have chosen to aid Hilm against the Cult.

The following users thanked this post: incahootz, Lance Stargazer, Alatriel, geloooo

Dezza

Re: Blackford War Council
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 06:26:34 pm »
This morning Queen Mouring has told the War Council, that is slowly starting to form as people continue to arrive from other nations supporting the war effort, that she has sent word to King Bryant of Erilyn asking for his support in the ensuing war and expects to hear back from him soon.

Dezza

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 06:44:10 pm »
At the afternoon session Queen Mouring announces that she has received word from Lord Rael with an offer.

She reads the letter aloud for all to hear. (the contents are made public)

*To those gathered from the Benevolant (and several other lofty titles) Lord Rael,

Despite my efforts over the years there are still those who sow mistrust and try to discredit my name and the people of my kingdom. This has been despite many attempts to show good will, decency, respect of the Rofireinites beliefs of the Law and care for the people of my land, both new and old.

In this war against the Dragon Cult I have clearly made my thoughts known to Queen Mouring and in the absence of any sense that my help is wanted I had decided to take the war to the Cult myself.

However, in consideration of military tactics and advice from my generals, and in my growing wisdom and desire to foster a good working relationship with those in the world who show strong principles in law and order I have reconsidered.

My generals are planning a full scale strike against the Cult, my soldiers are arguably amongst the best in the world and if the War Council decides my help is welcome and officially asks for my support then they shall have it.

I offer the opportunity to strike the Cult from below with a powerful force.
I also offer 5 Phalanxes of Elite heavy infantry, a sum total of 10,000 soldiers for your use on the ground in Hilm.
I also offer numerous seige engines of war to use against the Cult forces that it seems will inevitably strike at Hilm Castle. I know that's what I would do if I was in their position. Hilm Castle is the lynchpin of the Cults entire operation based on the intelligence I have received. Once they take the castle and Albon its as good as over..

All these things I offer to those seeking to defeat the Cult in exchange for a personal request from the War Council, signed by every member for my assistance in this war and recognition when its over of my support.*

"What do we think about this?" The Queen looks around those gathered.

Alatriel

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 08:08:31 am »
Quote from: Dezza
The farms and lands around Briardusk are burning out of control at the moment and people are running for the city as during the early hours of the morning a huge dragon breathed fiery destruction on the fields and orchards that sustain the people of Briardusk.

The massive red dragon, often seen on the Kuhl/Hilm border, circled the city again and again until huge walls of flame stretched for miles and surrounded the entire city. Militia and soldiers watched helpless as farmstead after farmstead was raised to the ground, many would have perished in the sudden attack.

Surrounded by flame the citizens and soldiery are unable to do anything until the conflagration dies down. Already people are talking about fleeing north to Hilm Castle. Surely they will be safe there?

Rumor has it that when Commander Stormhaven heard the news she slammed her fist on her desk with such force that the pictures on the wall shook.  It's said that she spoke softly, with pain in her voice, as she uttered a quiet prayer to Toran.   She then stood and left the room, a firey conviction in her eyes as she walked down the hall towards the War Council, muttering as she walked off, "That's what becomes of indecision."

Script Wrecked

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 09:32:59 am »
Quote from: Alatriel
Rumor has it that when Commander Stormhaven heard the news she slammed her fist on her desk with such force that the pictures on the wall shook.  It's said that she spoke softly, with pain in her voice, as she uttered a quiet prayer to Toran.   She then stood and left the room, a firey conviction in her eyes as she walked down the hall towards the War Council, muttering as she walked off, "That's what becomes of indecision."

A pale and very bruised Argali Trueaxe, on hearing the commotion, does her best to hobble after the Lady Commander.

"He would have done that anyway, whateverr we had agrreed," she croaks hoarsely. "He iz always maintaining the appearances forr whomeverr might be watching. And if that means burrning whole town, zo be it. He does not carre.

"We arre probably dealing with the most dangerrous of drragons. The one who iz zecond, who would be firrst.

"Rememberr, he iz not helping us. He iz trrying to win, whateverr way he can."

Alatriel

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2011, 09:45:44 am »
Quote from: Script Wrecked
A pale and very bruised Argali Trueaxe, on hearing the commotion, does her best to hobble after the Lady Commander.

"He would have done that anyway, whateverr we had agrreed," she croaks hoarsely. "He iz always maintaining the appearances forr whomeverr might be watching. And if that means burrning whole town, zo be it. He does not carre.

"We arre probably dealing with the most dangerrous of drragons. The one who iz zecond, who would be firrst.

"Rememberr, he iz not helping us. He iz trrying to win, whateverr way he can."

*Daniella stops and looks at Argali, divine wrath still very apparent in her being, but looks at her friend with concern.*

I know that, Captain, and thank you for reiterrating it.  But we do have to make a decision, and we need to make that decision quickly.  We will face the consequences of that choice, but choosing not to choose bears consequences in and of itself.  

*She continues down the hall, but slows her pace to that of Argali's in consideration for her recovering state*

Dezza

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2011, 06:19:29 am »
*Word reaches the Council that a mage from Liwich has brought their representatives to Blackford Castle. The page reads the names to the members present."

Lord Marcheisan Anovarias and Lord G'ork, they should be along shortly.

Dezza

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2011, 05:36:23 pm »
In another morning session that Queen Mouring has attended she listens to the some of the many conversations going on around her. Listening in on the one where Conner, Lord Marcheisan and Captain Argali are discussion how anyone could deal with Ractrafiorez in any battle the queen interjects for a moment.

"Perhaps we should have done this sooner. I had heard from the Mage Alantha Tsarran that she was working with Xora and then the Dragonlinks in order to find ways to counter the dragons magics but I have not heard the results of any of that research. I think its time we called Rork, he might have some additional and valuable information to provide in handling these creatures."

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2011, 12:33:19 am »
Tyra sends a letter to Blackford addressed to the War Council.

[INDENT]Greetings Kings, Queens, Generals, Admirals, and all Council members,

The Coalition, a group of well meaning folks based in Co'rys, are hoping to help the war effort by building you one if not more siege engines you might use against the Dragons.  We would like to speak with one or more of you to discuss the details, and hopefully provide you with a working machine soon.

The Coalition
[/INDENT]

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2011, 12:38:58 am »
**Lance reading the message , looks towards Argali*  

I think it would be wise if we see if this engines could fit with your development Haartwarden.

*looks over Daniella if she is there as well*

Script Wrecked

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2011, 07:02:01 am »
"Mmm... If they could be making the strrong ballista by the zcorre, it would be verry helpful, no?"

Alatriel

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2011, 08:35:59 am »
Daniella nods.

"Any additional ballistas that can be made would be helpful."

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2011, 03:49:02 pm »
**Nods*  If you are able Haartwarden I'd like you to be present when Miss Tyra would speak of the weapons, to see if what they offer fits with your project .

*Looks at Daniella *

Also if you would like to deal with her, i understand she has you in greater steem. I'll try to be there as well .

Alatriel

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2011, 04:11:33 pm »
Daniella gives Lance an almost withering look at the request.

"I think that is a massive overstatement to say that she holds me in higher esteem, Lord Commander, but if I can be spared from Hilm at that time, I will do so, at your request."

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2011, 04:41:53 pm »
*He return the sight to her*

It was not my intent to offend you, Milady, But it was my perception, Lets not dwell on this, if my words offend you I withdraw them, and offer you an appology.  

Be wherever you are needed

I'll send a letter to The coalition to answer that to make the meeting.

Script Wrecked

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2011, 09:11:35 pm »
Argali returns after some absence to the council chambers.

"Mmm... Zo everryone iz knowing, the expedition lead by the Trralek Rivarmarr, afterr the discussion with Masterr Kobal, was able to make the meeting with the Long Ztorrm.

"Thrrough the giving of the gifts and the gold, the aid of the Yzyartkadrania against the Cult drragons attacking the Sederra has been obtained. The drragon iz zaying that it will not help us directly, but it will defeat the drragons that arre attacking the Sederra."

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2011, 01:49:12 am »
**Lance looks at the news with a smile*

Well that are joyous news indeed.  It would help to defend Sederra, still it will be a hard battle yet to come .

Thanks for the report Haartwarden.

Jilseponie Wyndon

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2011, 05:26:00 pm »
*Jil, working quietly as Scout Commander, sends out runners, messenger birds and reads replys from her scouts far afield.  She keeps an ear tuned to the conversations going on at the table, yet efficiently annotates anything special that needs to be passed on in a ledger. Pilse of notes are neatly stacked and sorted on a table before her, all very organized.  She nods and smiles to herself at the recent news of assistance with the dragon threat.*

Jilseponie Wyndon

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2011, 10:33:03 am »
*Jil sorts sorted news placing different onse in different piles until suddenly, she stops and re-reads the note.  She looks over to Lance to see if he is done speaking then quickly walks over to him, showing him the report, yet telling him what it says at the same time.*

Lance, this is not good news ... *As she shakes the parchment in front of him*  My scouts report that about 20 miles from the Kuhl Border near Swarm Lake that about 15,000 soldiers are packing up and appear to be heading to cross the border in the direction of Hilm Castle!  Dozens of Myrdrachs and at least 3 Dragons have been seen flying over this Advancing March of Soldiers.

And this report, *lays another atop the 1st* tells of a Massive Red Dragon has attacked the front lines on the Hilm Border killing over 100 soldiers and destryoing most of thier supplies.

*She lokos down at the map on the table marking the placement of troops and enemy placements, picturing the changes and the possiblities, then looks back to Lance.*

Dezza

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2011, 01:16:07 am »
Lord Sander's head turns from nearby as he hears Jil reporting to Lance and his eyes narrow.

"And so the main war begins, how many fronts is that now we are trying to maintain?"