The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Brac'ar and Daniella meet  (Read 969 times)

Alatriel

Re: Brac'ar and Daniella meet
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2011, 11:22:53 am »
Daniella nods.  "If you would, please, it's more your area of expertise than mine by far."

Dorganath

« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2011, 01:46:16 pm »
Connor nods to Daniella and makes introductions before getting to the heart of the reason for their visit.

"These here," he says, gesturing to Daniella and Wren. "are trying to discern the location of the Broken One, once known to be dead during the last war but now believed to be important to the Cult and their power.  Brac'ar here, as you may have known, once had a shard of the Broken One embedded within him. This has now been absorbed fully into his body, but the hope is that enough remains in his blood to enable scrying upon the dragon's location.  Brac'ar has offered up a vial of his blood, provided you accept the risk of such a potentially dangerous undertaking."

He looks between Daniella and Brac'ar for a moment.

"Did I leave anything out?"

Alatriel

« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2011, 01:55:42 pm »
Daniella purses her lips and then shakes her head.  "No, Mister Garvil, I believe that covers everything, thank you."

EdTheKet

« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2011, 04:07:26 pm »
*Chuckles* "No, you didn't leave anything out."

*He turns to the Witch and accepts the tea. She replies to Connor "I believe the risk to be acceptable. After all, everyone knows I am here in this forest. Besides, " she smiles "I am not defenseless."

"I shall make the attempt, but if there is not enough uniqueness of the Broken One remaining in Brac'ar, I will likely not see anything."

She turns to Brac'ar "I shall begin the preparations. Bring me your blood in an hour." And she leaves the room to go and prepare.

Brac takes a sip from his tea. "Fascinating taste, this tea!"

jrizz

« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2011, 06:19:26 pm »
*Wren bows politely upon entering and does not take a seat, he instead stays in a position to watch the door. He does however accept some tea with a quiet "thank you". He does not interrupt the conversation, but waits until she agrees to help, then clearing his throat a bit he adds* Would it help you if I can narrow the area down on a map?

//a bit of time slippage here, let me know if that is ok?

EdTheKet

« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2011, 03:15:27 am »
//no worries jrizz.

The Witch smiles at Wren before she leaves the room.
"That won't be necessary, I don't need maps. My sight goes where the Al'Noth takes me."

When the hour is almost up, Brac'ar rummages through his pack and pulls out a vial. "Can never have too many vials upon oneself." He chuckles.
He removes one of his gloves and pulls his skinning knife from some unseen pocket of his robe.

With a brief slash, he cuts his palm and allows the blood to drip into the vial.

Then he looks up "Anyone have a bandage?"

Alatriel

« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2011, 07:59:44 am »
Daniella offers to bandage him if he lets her with many years of practice evident if he does.

EdTheKet

« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2011, 09:33:51 am »
After his hand has been bound by Daniella they wait for the Witch to return.
Once she does, they hand her the vial and they are asked to accompany her.

They leave the house and follow her to a small pristine pond. You see a small earthen bowl next to it.

She asks Brac'ar to pour his blood into the bowl, and then proceeds to fill a silver carafe with water from the pond.

She starts an incantation and seems to be walking a pattern around the bowl. Still incanting, she then empties the carafe into the bowl, without spilling a drop.

She then takes hold of the bowl, looking into the blood stained water....

EdTheKet

« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2011, 02:10:16 pm »
From a distance, all you can see is a slight swirling of the waters. After a minute or two she looks up and shakes her head.

"I am afraid that my attempts only yield one location, that of Brac'ar himself. Not even the slightest hint or connection to another creature is present. Whatever individual nature of any of the dragon slices linking them to their original owners was there, is gone."

She looks at Brac'ar "Of course this also means that the owners of those slivers cannot just scry on you based on any remaining link."

Brac'ar nods "At least that's something."

The Witch then turns to Alatriel "I am sorry I cannot help you further. Was there anything else you require?"

Dorganath

« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2011, 02:26:31 pm »
Connor stands in the background, observing but keeping away from the magic of the scrying.  With the declaration of results, or the lack thereof, he purses his lips slightly and shrugs to himself.

Alatriel

« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2011, 02:35:37 pm »
Daniella looks at Connor and Brac'ar a moment, and then thanks the Silkwood Witch for the attempt.  "Sometimes the answer of no can tell us quite a bit as well."

jrizz

« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2011, 02:41:59 am »
*Wren nods at Daniella's words*