The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Kobal approaches Argali...  (Read 719 times)

Harlas Ravelkione

Kobal approaches Argali...
« on: April 22, 2011, 02:27:13 pm »
* In the late hours of the evening, approaching midnight, and the Fort of Last Hope has quieted down somewhat, Kobal Bluntaxe approaches Argali. He looks somewhat worn out and his beard is dotted with clotted green Myrdrach blood. He groans as he carefully places his weight on a barrel containing herrings, just next to her. *

Argali. * he smiles * Lass, I have heard of your endeavours. You have accomplished much since last we met. Vorax must look at you with pride gleaming from fatherly eyes.

* Before Argali is able to reply, Kobal's demeanor becomes serious. *

There is one thing that I need to discuss with you... your meeting with the red dragon Ractrafieroz. I have heard about it, but would hear in your own words how you judge this dragon. What kind of a mind ticks behind its scaly head?

Also, how do you judge it in comparison to Fisterion?

The following users thanked this post: Dezza, Dorax Windsmith, Alatriel

Script Wrecked

Re: Kobal approaches Argali...
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 11:36:19 pm »
Argali beams at Kobal's compliment, though, is a little caught-off-guard by his Vorax remark. She flushes deeply, and, perhaps in a fleeting authentic moment, something else...

While Kobal asks his question, she recovers some composure. She takes a few moments before pursing her lips and giving her reply.

"Ractraferioz iz... the most dangerrous of drragons. The one who iz zecond, who would be firrst. He has no real allegiance to the Cult. Orr to us. He iz in zis zimply forr the most of what he can be getting. The only reazon he was dealing with us iz because he was 'hedging his bets', no? If we had been able to give him the kingdom to be ruling, he would have given us the location of the Brroken One, because 'zis iz what the Cult had offerred him'.

"Zo, he iz prrobably exactly like the Fisterion."

Harlas Ravelkione

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 11:53:36 pm »
* Kobal weighs Argali's response carefully. *

You mean to say that he is just as cunning as Fisterion?

Script Wrecked

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 12:55:43 am »
Argali smiles. "The one who iz zecond will neverr be firrst unless he iz morre cunning, no? Only the time will trruly be telling.

"She does not know how long Ractraferioz has been the zecond. But he iz shrewd enough to enter into the alliance with the Shadryxkayl, to make the partnerzhip with the Cult and knock down the gate to Westgate to deliverr the Kuhl into theirr clutches, willing to zacrifice his own kin as they arre hunted and poizoned and corrupted and made puppets of the Cult, guile enough to make the zecret communications with us, and yet confident enough of his pozition that he zlays the Bastion when the Cult lose the Tearr."

incahootz

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 08:23:16 pm »
Kromlek was following Argali around at times to make sure she's alright walks up suddenly and bows to Kobal in awe.

"Argali has deh roight of it Thane. Deh problem with this Red one is dat he nay be afraid ter show hi'self. Oi never met dis Fisterion, only heard bout him. But dis red I seen plenty of toimes now and he's a tough cookie. One things fer certain we seen so far, an that is ifn he says he will do somethin, he does it an he makes sure everybody knows about it too. When he broke deh south wall he killed deh Myr'drachs and deh Drachs dat tried to enter the fort. He's nay afraid of much and he's pretty confident of his own powers oi reckon an he aint afraid to show it."

Harlas Ravelkione

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 12:03:42 am »
* Kobal nods solemnly at the explanations from Argali and Kromlek. *

I see. He is no better than Fisterion then.

The reason I ask is that I had pondered offering aid to this beast in toppling Fisterion. If this dragon was any less wretched, less cunning and therefore likely to be a better inhabitant of the Molten Isle, then I might have considered it. It seems that is not the case though.

For this aid I was considering to ask for its aid in winning this war.

Script Wrecked

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2011, 01:30:18 am »
"Mmm... Argali alzo ponderrs offerring him the aid in conquerring the Nesarr orr the Rael in exchange forr fighting the Cult."

Harlas Ravelkione

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2011, 04:50:04 am »
Nesar or Rael?  * Kobal arches a brow. *

Please consider first how many citizens would be devoured by such a war. Innocents.

My reasoning for Molten Isle was that 2 evils in the form of Ractrafieroz and Fisterion will be replaced only by 1. Also, if Ractrafieroz is less cunning he is less of a danger, I would reckon. That would give our cousins, the Rhugal, an edge that they need.

Also, in the war this contest would require, kobolds, giants and perhaps deep dwarves on Molten Isle would be the casualties.

Script Wrecked

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2011, 11:03:13 am »
"Yes, that iz always the zticking point, no? The innocents caught in the middle, like the grrist to the mill. Even now, the ordinarry parrt of the Cult arrmy, the innocent regularr zoldierry of Kuhl, arre being sent into the Hilm, and we arre having to fight them just to be zurvivng."

She makes a small sigh.

"It will worrse when we come to be liberrating the Kuhl."