The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Sederra Defense RP thread  (Read 4623 times)

gilshem ironstone

Re: Sederra Defense RP thread
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2011, 04:49:19 pm »
Quote from: ycleption
//Andrew did not do his math right. If the cylinder is 2 feet wide, the radius is one. Thus V= pi(r squared)(h) = 3.14(1)(10)(62.4)= 1960 lbs. Since 14 stone = 1 lb, the cylinder would weigh 140 stone... so his estimate of thousands of stone is off by a bit

//Did you mean 1 Stone=14 lbs?  Plus the weight of the container too.

RollinsCat

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2011, 05:03:29 pm »
//drat.  Shows you how long it's been.

//edit: Busted on the radius, but the "stone" appellation was only applying a generic fantasy-style weight to something specific and modifying it down quite a bit.  I wasn't thinking of the actual weight "a stone", being American.

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2011, 08:46:28 pm »
*Argos looks at the group at the mention of the oasis *

In my opinion , we should secure the transportation of this thing.  Also its my understanding that thru the bodies of the Drachs , scrying can be posible, are we certain that this container has no similar link or whatever you want to call it.

It would be a protection i would think for it, and the enemy has been shown being cunning in the past.

*Looks at Steel*  Also. We need to decide what is our priority here. To secure the container or to defeat the drachs in the oasis, if there are more. Splitting our forces would bring weakness to the protection of it.

Also. . *looks at the inmense dragon claw trail*  We need to work on  getting our trail erased , don't you think?

*Argos looks over the group*

gilshem ironstone

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2011, 09:24:21 pm »
*Looks up from his studies when Arogs speaks and then follows his scan of the sand.*  That is some trick of the eye... Tralek used some Gusts of Wind to cover our tracks, and then Andrew, in an idiotic moment of bravado, used his Dragon wings to blow even more sand.  No, I think our tracks are safely covered.

*He looks back to his journal.*

Script Wrecked

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2011, 09:51:31 pm »
Quote from: Lance Stargazer
*Looks at Steel*  Also. We need to decide what is our priority here. To secure the container or to defeat the drachs in the oasis, if there are more. Splitting our forces would bring weakness to the protection of it.

"Unless we arre finding the vial iz merrely the decoy, the vial iz ourr priority."

Script Wrecked

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2011, 11:11:48 pm »
Quote from: miltonyorkcastle
... When I am done with these wards, I will start preparing a teleport to Blackford, if only to inform Blackford in person of what has happened so far. However, preparing a teleportation ritual from start to finish is another day's worth of work. The prepared teleport spells in my tome are not currently aimed at Blackford. In short, it looks like I have two days worth of magical rituals to complete, unless someone else can get to Blackford faster. Tralek, do you have a teleportation ritual aimed at Blackford already prepared? Once Blackford knows, they can possibly open up a portal to this location and send magical support."

After rummaging in her pack momentarily, Argali stands and turns to Steel.

"Umm... If you arre wanting to be talking to the Blackforrd Castle, Argali has... zis."

She holds out a plain granite stone in the palm of her hand, though those with a trained eye for such things might catch the shimmer of its dweomer.

davidhoff

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2011, 02:56:40 am »
*Tralek regards Steel* Sorry my tome is not set to Blackford, its set to my house in Castle Mask.  I guess I could tome to my house and use my house portal to get to Center, but Center is quite a bit aways from Blackford.

*Looks at Argali* Interesting Stone there.  I'm not quite sure what that is, but if its what I think it is, then Argali has a way to contact Blackford.

Yes, 2000lbs is too much to tome, and I'm in agreement that maybe its best not to move it magically.

Here's what I think we should do.  There are many wagons and carts shipping supplies to and from Audira.  We go get ourselves a wagon and a couple of horses and bring them to the cave.  We shield the cylinder like Steel suggested to protect us from it.  We load the cylinder on the wagon and head to North Fort.  We can disguise ourselves as ordinary wagon pushers.  The roads between North Fort and Audira are filled with other supply wagons so we'll blend in perfectly.  Argali communicates with Blackford to arrange for reinforcements to meet us at North Fort.  We hand the vial over to the good guys and then head to the Oasis or Audira to continue the fight.

Dorax Windsmith

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2011, 06:46:23 am »
*Gunder nods in agreement with Tralek's suggested course of action*

Aye lad, dat sound loike da bes plan.

RollinsCat

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2011, 10:03:41 am »
Andrew nods to Tralek.  "I think that is our best chance of getting this thing out of here, but let's lay out what would be prudent to do beforehand.

We need to know how large that oasis force is and how the battle in Audira is going.

We need to figure out how to get to the road without looking like a bunch of people and wagons coming from the area that the vial went missing.

We need to shield ourselves from it - well, most of us..." His smile is self-depreciating.  "And we need to shield the magic from others because all someone practiced in the Al'Noth would have to do is sense and they'll feel it.  It's twisted and sick magic in that vial, and it's strong.

Consider too that a dragon was strafing the wagon line we saw and the myrdrachs that got past the lines in Audira might be doing the same.  Also, we should consider that the Cult might have set up checkpoints and ambushes; and that Rael and Succession most definitely will have.  Letting this fall into their hands is as bad as the Cult getting it back."

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2011, 11:02:35 am »
"Well then what are you waiting for, Trueaxe? Get Blackford up to speed and request Blackford's assistance, whether that be advice or manpower. Handling an object such as this is really beyond our abilities and knowledge. We're doing the best we can, but that may not be good enough."

ycleption

« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2011, 11:22:59 am »
*Pallena is focused on the vial - she takes the time to roll her eyes at Tralek's suggestion, but does not look away* That anxious to give the thing to people who probably have less ability to deal with the thing than we do, in a place where it can do more harm? Like it or not, this is our responsibility, and we can't just hand it off willy-nilly.

*she stares at the vial a while longer*

Right. Steel, Tralek... the vial and the bindings themselves have some magicking on it - I can't really tell what, but I'd guess there's at least some shielding magic... just probably not strong enough. Can you tell if that is the case, and if so, would it work better to strengthen that, rather than create a shield out of whole cloth?

*She turns to the group as a whole*
If our group isn't prepared to deal with this, let's figure out who would be. I've heard Xora's name mentioned. How about Moraken? Maybe some of those Lucindites who deal in twisted magic... thoughts?

gilshem ironstone

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2011, 12:27:05 pm »
*Gel'larian looks up from his journal at Pallena's mention of Xora.*  

I can tell you a few things from my research in Spellgard, even though it cannot neutralize the poison at this time.  First is that we definitely need to get this vial somewhere with proper equipment, otherwise any attempts we make could end up in disaster because of lack of abjurative protections.

*He looks to Pallena.* Second thing is that any texts that may have helped me were already taken out by none other than the aforementioned Xora.  I think that if this vial were to go to anyone, it should be her.  She has the experience, facilities and, I assume, the information at this point.

*He puts his journal away satisifed with his research.*

The best part is, she is on this continent so we dont have to do anything unpredictable or insane *He looks again at Andrew.*.  Once we get away from the theater, it is an overland journey, which I feel best about.

I am happy to scout.  Ferrit or Viper might be more skilled, but I have spent some time studying the desert in my past, so I know the terrain.  Either way, we need to know what we might be facing before we can make a plan.  So in that, Andrew was right.  That force at the oasis, I have a bad feeling, might be a dog nipping at our heels, but like a giant acid breathing dog, that can fly.

Who is the strategist in this?

ycleption

« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2011, 12:38:03 pm »
Right. We need to get to Xora then. If we find a tree in this desert, I can walk to Xora's tower... *smirks slightly to Steel* No two day ritual needed. Never met her though... Am I likely to be able to meet with her if I pop out of a tree and demand to see her? Or maybe one of you who know her can give me a letter or token or something so she'll know I'm not just a random crazy druid yelling outside her tower.

gilshem ironstone

« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2011, 12:47:31 pm »
Even if you can leave a message for her that we are on our way.  At least then you will only be a crazy druid and not random. *He winks.*  Ask if she can send some aid, cant hurt. *Shrugs.*

RollinsCat

« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2011, 12:49:36 pm »
Andrew can't resist a smile at Gel - the elf's anger don't seem to stick.  He looks at Pallena, then Argali.  "In that case, alert Blackford, and they can send a message to Xora that the vial is here and respond accordingly.  We should do that now, before anyone has a chance to interrupt us - and send the scouts out to see what's going on out there."

gilshem ironstone

« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2011, 01:13:16 pm »
*Gel'larian dons his exsquisitely made panther leather cloak, his hood of shadows and a few pieces of silver jewelry, set with topaz.  He takes out some gum arabic, and puts it in a belt pouch, for easy access.*

I should also mention, about this poison, that I learned that it may be delivered via the Al'Noth itself, so be careful that your abjurations do not behave in un-intended ways.  If you do see unexpected waverings in the Al'Noth, I would perhaps try a different approach to your wards.  But that is in the hands of those more knowledgable than I.

Now, who is scouting with me?

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2011, 02:15:17 pm »
"Good to know, Master Windsbreath. I am attempting to apply a general containment ward, and it's not meant to interact with the magic from the poison short of keeping it inside the containment field. But I will certainly disband the project if I notice fluctuations in the Al'noth arising as a result of the ritual."

Alatriel

« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2011, 03:28:27 pm »
*Viper sheathes her blades and switches a couple rings, then stands up and looks at Gel, nodding once to him as if volunteering to go with him to scout.*

gilshem ironstone

« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2011, 03:57:53 pm »
*Gel'larian nods to Viper and pads off silently, leaving nary a track in the sand.*

Serissa

« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2011, 05:41:41 pm »
I can try to get to Audira and find out what's happening there, if you think it's necessary.  I'm not sure we need that information at this point, though.