The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Two upcoming mini-questseries  (Read 699 times)

Harlas Ravelkione

Two upcoming mini-questseries
« on: January 12, 2010, 02:10:43 pm »
Hi guys,

I have two series of quests planned that are highly involved in the world plot, the Dragon Storm Campaign. Each quest series should not stretch for more than 3-4 sessions max. The timezone will be primarily GMT friendly, but I am willing to work with one of the two groups with regards to involving weekends.

One was initiated by a player (Miltonyorkcastle) and begins on Monday (if it suits him and those that tag along). It is much dependant on player choices and actions, so once we get to it there may be a quest and there may not be. It depends on the players involved. ;) To participate here you need to contact Steel in game (forum name: Miltonyorkcastle) or be contacted by him. If you don't your character will not know that anything is taking place. This quest has the possibility to involve actions/choices that may not suit your character. It is perfectly acceptable to walk away, even though it is a plot quest.

Another series is soon to begin and is aimed at characters that are involved with the nature faction (druids, rangers and clerics/priests of appropriate deities), at least to begin with. I imagine that it will be opened up after the first or second quest session. These quests are mainly aimed at lower level characters.

I hope to see you out there! :)

Harlas

Hellblazer

Re: Two upcoming mini-questseries
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 08:58:28 pm »
Woot! now I like the second one a whole lot! hehehe. When you mean Gmt friendly around what time would that be, so I can convert it to Est?

Carillon

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 09:13:26 pm »
In my experience, GMT friendly with Harlas seems to mean a start time of around 11 am PST or 2 pm EST, give or take an hour or so.

Harlas Ravelkione

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 06:56:02 am »
Quote from: Hellblazer
Woot! now I like the second one a whole lot! hehehe. When you mean Gmt friendly around what time would that be, so I can convert it to Est?

On weekdays my hours are usually 7pm to 9 or 10pm GMT.
During weekends I am more flexible, but preferred times are Noon to 3pm GMT or evenings from 7pm to 10pm GMT.

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2010, 12:23:39 pm »
/// Alrighty, since I've had a fair number of requests from folks wanting their PCs to join Steel in hailing Big Red, and since both Harlas and I want to include as many people as possible in questing fun, while at the same time maintaining Steel's dubious and scheming nature, here's how I'd like to try and work this mini-series with Harlas (thanks again, btw!):

Monday: I'd like to keep this initial meeting small and short (maybe under two hours, even, heh). Steel and the few from his current "inner circle" that can make it will go, and see what happens. Truly, there may not be much of a series after this part anyway, but lets hope Steel's arrogance doesn't get the best of him. ;)

After the quest, Monday evening CST, I'll post up a player event where Steel calls a meeting with his associates and any they feel would fit in on the meeting (to allow for more to join in on the venture while still keeping it an "inside" job). The point of the meeting is to discuss any deals with Fisty and determine some course of actions, which will invariably involve finding help, heh--help of course meaning other PCs.

In this way everything following Monday can be completely open for interested questers, while at the same time keeping in line with Steel's desire not to make public all of his plans.

Please feel free to comment, make suggestions for times, or general ideas. I'm thinking around eight or nine PM CST for the "afterparty" on Monday. Then we may be looking at weekends for the other installments so as to bring on more folks. ///

Serissa

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2010, 04:15:10 pm »
Hmm, well I guess we wait for an invitation.

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2010, 10:50:31 am »
//// Okay, I've started making the rounds IC. Quite a few folks are up to speed, and Steel will be hitting up some other folks throughout this week. Also, I'm available on IRC to chat some IC as well.

Start thinking about some good timing for scheduling the quest, though I suspect it'll have to be a weekend slot.

One final note, as your character will quickly figure out once he/she gains the details, this whole gig rides the line between "good" and "evil." I'm trying to get as many involved as possible so expect tough choices and consequences for your character; expect PC conflict as well as NPC conflict. And for those of you newer to the world, this will be a good chance to become familiar with some major world powers, as well as some of the meanest baddguys still out there. See you there! ////

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2010, 04:09:42 pm »
/// Alright! The next quest is up (tentatively) for this coming Saturday. It'll be early for all you PSTers, but I think the time will best able to accomodate the interest from across the timezones. Post here if you're interested/have a stake in all this but the time slot is a conflict.

As it is, I think next Fri/Sat will be one heck of a Layo marathon for me.... **squints at the calendar** ///

Harlas Ravelkione

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2010, 09:31:22 am »

Xaltotun

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2010, 05:21:53 pm »
I would be interested in the second, druid-oriented, set of games, so will look for posts on that.

Harlas Ravelkione

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2010, 02:16:19 am »
Quote from: Xaltotun
I would be interested in the second, druid-oriented, set of games, so will look for posts on that.

That one is on my plate and will be following the current one - in a hopefully not too distant future. The thing is that I'm relocating with my family to India (from Denmark) for a year or two. We'll be moving in March and April, so I'll likely not have internet for a while and I'll be setting up a place for us there, which will rob me of my sparetime.

I'll be starting a thread and updating this one, once I'm ready to run it. :)

Harlas

Harlas Ravelkione

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2010, 03:56:42 pm »
* BUMPING FOR VISIBILITY *

Also, I would like to remind people that this quest is open to all. If you haven't had a chance to speak to Steel regarding this matter yet, your chance could be to arrive in Arnax approximately 30 minutes before the quest starts. Chances are you'll run into someone who knows what is going on and you can join said character.

I'm just making sure that everyone knows the quest is not locked.

Harlas

Harlas Ravelkione

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2010, 08:01:22 am »
Quest starts in 1 hour!

EdTheKet

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2010, 08:19:05 am »
Exciting :-)

*GM Grin*

Alatriel

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2010, 05:26:15 pm »
Sooo.... since mini-series #1 is done... should we hope for mini-series #2 soon?  :)