The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Wren goes to see Steel  (Read 543 times)

jrizz

Wren goes to see Steel
« on: February 23, 2011, 10:33:11 am »
It was a long trip back. I hope Raz has already spoke with you. But in case he did not make it. I wanted to let you know, we found it. Everyone did a great job, we got in and out without them knowing we discovered its location. Jil, Drexia, Ferrit, Raz, Viper, and I it was a good team everyone worked well together. Your Viper did a great job, by the way. Is the strike team ready?

The following users thanked this post: davidhoff, willhoff

miltonyorkcastle

Re: Wren goes to see Steel
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 12:02:24 pm »
**A few spells later, some to check for scrying, some to ward against it, Steel offers a genuine smile to Wren.**

"Wren. Good to see you alive and well, my friend. I have indeed heard the news. We have some business in Sedera before we head for the coast of Kuhl. Also, we will need some time to plan. Based on the details offered, I am currently thinking we will need some manner of distraction to give the strike team a chance to get inside. Perhaps a full on assault by a small army, with the intent that our army attacks and fights for a small while, and then pulls back, acting as though they have been pushed back, forced to retreat by the drachs at the Hollows. This should allow us to get inside without having to face the whole host. However, when we turn around and head back out, well, we may end up fighting the bulk of them after all, but hopefully we'll have already done what we came to do. And speaking of that, there is a very real possibility that when we get inside and discover how it all works that we are not at that point capable of destroying the Broken One or of defeating Molvaren. We need to consider several possible objectives. It may be that we only can discover the true nature of the Broken One, and not actually destroy it. It may take us multiple strikes. It may be that we march a real army to the Hollows to finish the job after our first strike. We still have a lot of variables to sort out.

As for Molvaren, I don't think we'll be able to kill him. We need to consider a way to immobilize him or send him elsewhere, such as one of the Pits. We might try is having a mage or druid turn into a creature of might and attempt to pin Molvaren, holding him until we can chain him up. Of course, that's if we can survive the encounter with him long enough to try something like that. Even with the punch the Triple S can give, it simply may not be enough. I will speak to the council regarding all of this, but realize, we are just at the beginning, not the end, of the Broken One's destruction."

jrizz

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 02:12:32 pm »
*Wren nods* At least we have pulled off step one without a hitch *he grins* as for the rest, I am ready to do my part.

Will Raz be able to port us back there or will we need to come in where Connor dropped us? It took about eleven days to get there from the drop point. But that was traveling only at night and with extreme care. It took about six weeks to get out of there on foot.

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 11:18:12 am »
"If we portal in again, we'll have to use the same drop point, as that's the area near the Hollows with which Connor is familiar. However, if we attack with an army at some point, we'll need to use the ocean, though even then the troops will have to be dropped off north or south of the Hollows and march to it."

anything