The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: *Something that was not quite expected*  (Read 996 times)

RollinsCat

Re: *Something that was not quite expected*
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2012, 03:42:06 pm »
"He's been a help to me when I've needed it.  He seems to understand what one needs rather than wants, and that's comforting, I think."  He takes a moment to look at her, really look at her - after putting on his spectacles of course - and rests his hands, folded, on the table.  "Bydell, you say."  Softly.  "Old doors to open."  An absent rub of his left shoulder.  "Some things should be done alone, certainly.  I think that you go with your gut on what those are...but you were not alone that day years ago when we met.  I was with you, right next to you, singing.

"You don't have to be alone now, if you don't wish to - I will go with you."

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2012, 03:52:02 pm »
And do you feel you should be?  

Back in the day when you spoke of this very same words to me, about facing our demons. . and i am sure that you have your own demons as well after that, would you take someone you care to see those demons? .. Would you take them  there when there is just danger for them there?  Would you take someone you care for , to get something but healing to yourself?

I know that he can see enough thru people to speak and focus on what one needs rather than what one wants, Why i end disappearing of Alindor and Mistone and traveled to Krashin, I wanted to be alone, *Smiles*  To be honest that could have been the first test, to see if I deserved to live, to see if i was strong enough to overcome the grief, to find who was I

*the sad smile returns at her face , and yet now seems to be a fully honest expression, opening to him in that way *

I don't think you would take someone you care for to a place where danger relies, just for the selfish desire to be healed of an old wound do you?

*she tilt her head and turns to see him *

RollinsCat

« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2012, 04:15:04 pm »
A thoughtful humming as he moves one finger across the table, tracing the notes he hears himself making.  He watches her face, absorbing her openness.  It is a half a minute before he says anything.  "I would not take someone into danger unless they had tools to survive it, and without their knowing the possibilities and they having every opportunity to refuse.  That said, I've learned that it's not wrong to ask for help - even when it's dangerous, especially when it's dangerous."  He speaks slowly, in some ways as if the words were new to his ears.  "Do I feel I should go with you?  In the most selfish way, yes, because you seem to be a catalyst for my understanding of the Heartsong and because I see a young woman whom I care about and don't wish harm upon.  But it's more than that.  Yes, oh yes, I have some demons, Amaria.  I would not wish them on you or anyone.  Yet when it came down to it, I believe it was that I was not alone that kept me - kept both of us - alive."

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2012, 04:37:28 pm »
*She smiles a bit more on that* I don't think I am such thing., Not a catalyst if any, for you to wanting to come you are indeed a good friend, yet there are roads on the path that one needs to walk alone, I am not thinking you less for offering, and yet this is something i know i must do on my own, *She smiles a bit*

I just wanted to come to see how the inn was doing before heading that way. It was not to come and bother, but as you said to see someone i care for.

And to blow one of your candles too *grins sheepeshly* and a wall ... *blushes a bit*

anything