The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: A Return to the Buckle  (Read 808 times)

Acacea

A Return to the Buckle
« on: September 29, 2014, 09:21:38 pm »
Some years later, Tori checks back in at the Silver Buckle, only raising her eyebrows slightly at the changes made. After a brief conversation with Michael, she heads down and returns with a dusty adamantium buckler, but asks that someone tell "that Reid fella" she's looking to settle up and wondering what the damage is.

The following users thanked this post: miltonyorkcastle, ShiffDrgnhrt, RollinsCat, Aphel

RollinsCat

"Tori? Delightful, I saw her
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 09:45:12 pm »

"Tori? Delightful, I saw her and spritely Iri just a short while ago! Alive and well, I'm so pleased to say. I should put a sign out so they'll know to come by - the Bard is in! What do you think?  What do you mean, egotistical? I am a Bard! Why not THE Bard?

How can you tell it has a capital letter by the sound of my voice? You're mocking me."

Acacea

..."Figger room's kept awhile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 10:47:33 am »

"Figger room's kept awhile when I ain't workin' 'fore you move some other body in, an' you ain't had ta keep all 'em things. Ain't sure what it all 'mounts to, but'll pay it off in work er true, whiche'er you lookin' for. Ain't like me to be goin' off on no job, an' I cain't be talkin' much about it, but somethin' came up last I's up in Bray-noot 'n I ain't lettered er much for writin', heh. Don't reckon it's happenin' again. Have my 'pologies either way. "

RollinsCat

Andrew settles in a chair and
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 12:29:30 pm »

Andrew settles in a chair and lights a cigar, offering the woman one. "No apologies necessary. You see, that's part of why I got this place. We all disappear from time to time. Work, or love, or teaching, or being trapped by evil beings in the pits somewhere - part and parcel. Just give me a little time to move some furniture around and we'll get you resettled." He pulls out a list of names and room numbers, some with asterisks, some with multiple asterisks and additional footnotes. "As for payment, Jetta has been gone for some time. I have no doubt she's alive, somewhere - she is supremely resourceful. However, this leaves a vacancy for Head of Security. Would you like the job?"

Acacea

She shakes her head slightly
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2014, 02:17:20 pm »

She shakes her head slightly in response to the cigar, standing with her unloaded crossbow resting against her shoulder.  She considers Andrew's offer for a moment before nodding. "Can do, like as not.  What all need doin'?"

RollinsCat

"Day to day, not much. Ed and
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2014, 02:55:54 pm »

"Day to day, not much. Ed and Mel handle that. They'll check with you when they need some input, but they know their stuff and they'll keep you appraised. When things get strange, though - and they have, as you well know - or on occasions when an event is running, I'd like security who knows the depths of weirdness that can come from..." A finger wave toward the dockside wall. "...out there. Because the weird can get pretty thick around here. Ever see that half-giant shaped patch in the ceiling?" The bard grins. "Or count the number of blast marks in the woodwork? Or wonder why all the nails in the building are new? Or why Elly drained the scrying pool? That kind of weird."

Acacea

She seems to run a few
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2014, 06:11:56 pm »

She seems to run a few calculations in her head and then nods with a shrug. Which's the best person to brief on what you got a'ready? 'em focusin' points for protectin' a the magickin' sort, who's handlin' what, stuff's a'ready gone weird afore, that kinda thing.

RollinsCat

"Minu handles the magical
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2014, 07:41:42 pm »

"Minu handles the magical protections through the Tower Academy in Port Hempstead. Mel checks the wards, so she can tell you if there is any blatent tampering and what's layered over what, although it would take someone more experienced to sing out subtler changes. This place probably glows like the sun to the magic sensitive...let's see, I'm sure Paddy knows some ins and outs of this place that I don't, if he's in a talking mood. Ed can bring you up to speed on the standard locks and bars security.

"As for the things that have happened and special protections against them, well, I'd be the best to tell you that - any excuse to tell a story." 

anything