The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Announcing: The Silver Buckle's Bachelor Auction!  (Read 301 times)

RollinsCat

Announcing: The Silver Buckle's Bachelor Auction!
« on: February 21, 2013, 08:23:44 pm »

Bachelors, bids and a good cause - come one and all (but especially the ladies) to the

Silver Buckle's Bachelor Auction!  

To benefit a farming project for Mariner's Hold.  Bid on a mystery bachelor, questions are encouraged to be asked of the men behind the curtain.  All bachelors certified "not creepy" by Andrew Reid and Elohanna.

Winning bidders will get the bachelor of their choice plus a romantic evening for two including the house specialty supper and wine, and serenading by a pretty good bard.

Sunra, Augra 8, 1511 at eight thirty in the evening at the Silver Buckle

RollinsCat

"Heard about it?""Cain't say
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 09:07:06 am »

"Heard about it?"

"Cain't say as I has, Jorg."

"Says that fancy-pants lodge on the docks is holding another auction."

"So?"

"So, ladies only, heard."

"They's auctionin' off wimmin? I need me one! Loan me a fiver!"

"NO, you moron. Only women can bid."

"On what? They already done them costumes, an' the fancy clothes thing, I took a peek in there that night - ya shoulda seen 'em Jorg, two elfs all dressed up like hunnerd-gold hookers in red an' white, but they shore did look nice...where them wanderers git the money...bet there's a pile o' it in that place, hidden."

"Don't know, don't care, can't afford it if I could bid. Does make a man wonder, though, eh?"

RollinsCat

"You've got to be joking.""Of
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 09:18:00 am »

"You've got to be joking."

"Of course I'm not."

"I was afraid you'd say that.  So Jetta's running security?"

"Can you picture her bidding even one coin...on a man?"

A laugh, then a hearty laugh.  "Got a point there.  So what's the plan, how do you want me and Mikey situated."

"Bar and doors; Jetta will circulate and Melody may be out of town so she won't be pulling drinks.   I am hoping if we draw a crowd of ladies it won't devolve into fighting - or as soon, at least.  The men will be hidden behind a screen and disguised, and I'm not releasing names, so it's a true mystery auction."

"Come on, Boss.  You can tell me."

"I really cannot."  Grins.  "Suffice to say they are gentlemen of note, and good men all."

A grunt.

"And beside that, I'd like to see how the bidding goes if the ladies are bidding based on personality, not looks or reputation.  Hence the questioning period - any question goes."

"You're going to lose money."

"Perhaps, my friend, perhaps.  I have some faith that we'll come away with money for the farming kitty, though - Ilsare will see us through."