The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Faceless (Breanna's CDQ)  (Read 471 times)

Anamnesis

Faceless (Breanna's CDQ)
« on: November 19, 2011, 11:19:26 pm »
//Please only those involved in the CDQ post here. Sorry Milty for it being so late!

As she sat outside the cave leading into the supposed hideout Jetta had shown them too she attempts to keep her disguise of Ebony Nevar, thinking about a way that they may be able to get past the Minotaurs without arising suspicion.

"I don't think an illusion would work but maybe we could disguise ourselves in order to get past them, it would take some careful preparation work, but I think it could be done." She offers looking around at Jetta, Andrew, and Daniel for their thoughts, knowing that she has already asked a lot of them and that now on top of owing them 15,000 true she also owes them her life.
Elohanna Min A'Litae, Priestess of Aeridin
Breanna Shadowraven, Wizard/Rogue of Folian S'pae
Cord, Bard of Ilsare
Melaa A'nadivian, Ranger of Folian S'pae

The following users thanked this post: miltonyorkcastle

Nehetsrev

Re: Faceless (Breanna's CDQ)
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 01:51:14 pm »
Look, the tracks out here clearly show the constructs re-entered the cave after my little failed ambush on Titogi.  As for the man himself, I'm not entirely positive he went back in, but it would make sense for him not to abandon his metal minions.  On the other hand, his constructs were already here before he arrived when I tracked him here in the first place, so he may indeed have been willing to leave them here and seek another shelter for all I know.  I was sure I hit Titogi with at least one arrow, but I can't find any traces of blood, so it could be his magic absorbed the blow entirely.

Now, assuming he did return to the cave, it is possible we could wait out here and simply blockade this cave entrance for however long it takes in the hopes he'll come out again in the near future.  However, we've got no idea what kind of stores he has stockpiled here, and how long they'll last him.  Nor do we know for certain there isn't another exit from the cave elsewhere that he could use to escape.  Regardless of all that, I'm leaning toward the notion that even if we did find Titogi that my skills, Andrew's bardic magic, and Daniel's Rofireinite blessings wouldn't be enough to tackle him.  Since I don't know you and your level of skill with magic, I'm going to guess it probably wouldn't tip the odds much more anyhow, but I could be wrong.

Normally I try to keep a "Can do" attitude, but in this instance I'm very close to admitting I'm out of my league.  What exactly do you have in mind for getting us past those cow-headed lumps in there?  I'm listening.

RollinsCat

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 07:42:04 pm »
Andrew nods, still recovering from his messy instant death.  "I can support an illusion, and add sound effects - I was going to try something to that effect before the door was opened...but...timing."  Weary smile.

Anamnesis

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 11:53:13 pm »
"What if we could make them believe we are one of them? I know you don't know me that well but if we can convince them, and with the help of your illusions Sir, maybe we can convince them we are an invading force? I don't know how good you are at your illusions but I can do enough with the Al'noth to be convincing."
Cord, Bard of Ilsare

Nehetsrev

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 08:58:33 am »
"Umm....Exscuse me... but We've seen how they treat invading forces.  Andrew can attest that it's not a pleasant "Hello! Let's be friends." sort of greeting.  You got any other ideas?  'Cause I don't want to get squished to a pulp."

Anamnesis

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2011, 09:19:51 am »
"No you don't understand, convince them that intruders are coming, if he is half as good as I think he is, maybe he can throw his voice, his sounds, his illusion in such a way it will draw them away, so that we can get inside to look? The only other idea I have is to look like one of them, become one of them, and try to melt into their culture to get inside to see if we can find this man you are looking for."
Cord, Bard of Ilsare

RollinsCat

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2011, 01:12:47 pm »
"Some things to consider.  Titogi comes and goes at will, with golems for guards.  He can't sneak past the shamans so he might have another way in or they are afraid of him.  It might be worth examining that entry hall for a secret door." Andrew looks at Jetta.  "He might just bypass them altogether and let them act as a living trap."

He rubs a thumb over his upper lip, crossing his legs as he sits.  "On the other hand, it occurred to me that as a contemporary of Yawa's, he might also do as Milady Breanna is suggesting - moving through them as a minotaur, although I'm hard pressed to understand how his metal guards must look...unless they are also illusion.  But he'd likely know the same tricks, so what if he's polymorphing himself to pass through?  Or, Muse forbid, leading them?  I think, Milady, you're going to have to push yourself a little and see what you can do with that scroll and what you've learned."

Nehetsrev

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2011, 01:43:24 pm »
"So, let me get this straight, Breanna." *aparently not caught off-guard by Andrew's revelation of Breana's true identity*  "You want to make one of us look like one of them while the rest of us play bait and distract them so the wannabe cow-man can slip in more easilly?"  *more directly to Andrew*  "As for those constructs, believe me when I say, they are in no way illusory.  They're the real deal.  However, looking for a hidden passage is a good idea."

Anamnesis

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2011, 07:03:57 am »
"I made a promise to the lady to help her, and as it is because of me that we are here, it would be best that I do this, that I become the minotaur, I could not begin to guess what would happen to any of you if you were found out without the Al'noth's aid." She looks between them as she speaks softly. "And if Andrew can distract them with illusion, so they don't even know you are here, it will keep you safer."
Cord, Bard of Ilsare

Anamnesis

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2011, 10:59:04 am »
Breanna looked to each of them resigned that she was going to have to push herself, and began to look through her pouches to gather what she would need to transform herself.
Cord, Bard of Ilsare

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2011, 11:16:22 am »
/// I suppose that means it's time to schedule the next session. :) ///

RollinsCat

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2011, 01:07:56 pm »
"I can lend whatever magic I have to your effort, Milady.  And we should consider more than your transformation - minotaurs are not stupid, and you're not one of theirs.  They may let you pass, they may challenge you.  Think about what you'll say, and that you don't speak the language.  Are you any good at bluffing?"

Anamnesis

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2011, 10:06:41 pm »
"We will find out soon enough Andrew." She continued to prepare for the ritual that would change her. "I still believe giving them a distraction will aid me getting in and blending in more easily."
Cord, Bard of Ilsare

RollinsCat

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2011, 09:02:45 am »
Not being versed in ritual beyond what he's seen others do, Andrew stands back and lends his song to help her concentration and memory and his magic through it.

Nehetsrev

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2011, 09:14:37 am »
*Jetta leans back into the shadows, taking some time to quietly hone the edges on her kukri with a whetstone while Breanna prepares.  A slight frown purses her lips in an almost sulky way as she listens to her own thoughts about their current situation.*

"I don't think I like this plan...," she looks up at Breanna, "I won't play bait, or distraction.  I saw what those monsters did to Andrew in not much more than the blink of an eye.  So, while you're doin' your thing here, I think I'll slip away and see if there may indeed be a hidden passage."

*With that said, she puts away her whetstone and sheaths her kukri before standing and padding off down the hall, tapping quietly here and there with an ear pressed against the wall.*

Anamnesis

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2011, 09:30:50 am »
She closes her eyes. "I made the promise to herr and I can't go back on my word to her. I won't ask any of you to risk your lives. You can go back now and I will understand and maybe she is right Andrew, maybe there is another way, but I think from here, I have to go alone."
Cord, Bard of Ilsare

RollinsCat

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2011, 10:56:24 am »
"Bollocks.  I'm not keen on...deflating, again, but you'll still have my help.  Give Jetta time to come back with any scouting information she can find and take that time to prepare.  You'll need the layout to at least look like you belong there.  I can attempt an auditory illusion as a distraction, to draw some of them out and make your job easier when you are ready."

Anamnesis

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2011, 11:18:58 pm »
"Very well, We'll wait for her to come back and share with us what she can find out." She let her fingers brush through her hair for a moment as her own eyes met Andrews. "Andrew, I am really sorry that I got you hurt. This was the last thing I wanted when I asked you to help. This is the last thing I wanted to happen to any of you."
Cord, Bard of Ilsare