The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Kin Singin' Night  (Read 258 times)

RollinsCat

Kin Singin' Night
« on: April 22, 2011, 08:55:45 pm »
[SIZE=24]The Silver Buckle would like to present:[/SIZE][/I]

Kin Night, in honor of those who so diligently renovated the Silver Buckle and those who have been among its loyal patrons.

Dwarven songs are encouraged!  Anyone wishing to perform will be given the opportunity!  

Set aside the stress of war and loss for one night, and remember why it is we do this.

Stacked below the flyer is a selection of lyrics, some by Andrew Reid and some well-known popular songs for the dwarf who does not write his or her own, to try their hand at performing.

"Onward"
(in dwarven, translated to common)

Urrzhazht, urrzhazht, urrzhazht rurzh / Lazhzi' waurhk' kur ponururto kazkath! / Urrzhazht, urrzhazht, ur'h ponaztath az rhnurzh / Kur 'azhgathk k'al k'aah waazkath!

Urrzhazht, pohurk'ahth, urrzhazht kur / Urrzia lurha arkur k'a pohaazzi'! / Urrzhazht pohurk'ahth, ponururt zhann wanurzh / Kann hat zha thkazar k'a poaazzi'!

Urrzhazht zh'ana k'a pourtaath thkazzig / Ziazhgark rhazolark wahurl k'aah pourra! / Urrzhazht rhhaththark k'a azkkazzig / 'rkan zha haazzi' k'aah k'hurra!

Urrzhazht, pohurk'ahth, zi'aawa az'aazt / K'a poazkkna tharkth ur'h ponururt! / Urrzhazht, pohurk'ahth, zinaazga 'ath 'aazt / Azrt naazga ak ar k'a l't!

Onward, onward, onward now / March forth to bloody gates! / Onward, onward, our blades a plow / To harvest them their fates!

Onward, brothers, onward go / Once more into the breach! / Onward brothers, blood will flow / Till red we stain the beach!

Onward while the bodies stack / Carving payment from their bone! / Onward pressing the attack / Until we reach their throne!

Onward, brothers, chief ahead / The battle sings our blood! / Onward, brothers, cleave his head / And leave it in the mud!

"Dwarven Army Marching Song"

Drink drink drink drink

Drank drank drank drank

Drunk drunk drunk drunk....

I was drunk last night
I was drunk the night before,
And I'm gonna get drunk tonight
Like I never been drunk before

For when I'm drunk
I'm as happy as can be
For I am a member
Of the Dwarven Army

And the Dwarven Army
Is the best family
The best of family
That ever you did see

With the highland dwarves
And the lowland dwarves
And the underground dwarves
And those other  dwarves!

Sing Glorious!
Victorious!
One keg of beer for the all of us!
Sing glory be that there are no more of us
For one of us can drink it all alone!

Pass the beer, pass the beer, to the rear of the line!

"Bring on the Beer"

Some of us come here to make with the merry / And some of us laugh with fermented glee; / Some of us flirt with the maids quite contrary / And some of us come here to drink ourselves free

So bring
On
The beer
The ale, the wine and good cheer
Bring out the sloe gin and let's get to dancin' for the sauce can be takin' the blame

Some of us sit here to drown out a sorrow  / And some of us sit here with no place to sleep;  / Some of us sit here till dawn brings the morrow / And some of us salt our drinks while we weep

But bring
On
The beer
The ale, the wine and good cheer
Bring out the whiskey and let's get to frisky cause we'll be hanged for a fool all the same

Whether here for our woes.....
Or to sip in repose.....
We'll get drunk from our head to our toes...soooo....

Bring
On
The beer!

"Me Beer and Tobacco"

Well it's all for me grog, me jolly jolly grog / It's all for me beer and tobacco / For I spent all me tin with the lassies drinking gin / Far across the western ocean I must wander

Where are me boots, me noggin', noggin' boots? / They're all gone for beer and tobacco / The heels are worn out and the toes are kicked about / And the soles are looking out for better weather

I'm sick in the head and I haven't been to bed / Since first I came ashore with me plunder / For I spent all me dough on the lassies movin' slow / Far across the Western Ocean I must wander

Where is me shirt, my noggin', noggin' shirt? / It's all gone for beer and tobacco / The collar is all worn, and the sleeves they are all torn / And the tail is looking out for better weather

Where is me bed, me noggin' noggin bed / It's all gone for beer and tobacco / Well I lent it my wench, and now the sheets are drenched / And the springs are looking out for better weather

Where is me wench, me noggin' noggin' wench / She's all gone for beer and tobacco / Her (clap) is all worn out and her (clap) is knocked about / And her (clap) is looking out for better weather

Well it's all for me grog, me jolly jolly grog / It's all for me beer and tobacco / I spent all me loot in a house of ill repute / And I think I'll have to go back there tomorrow!

"The Pig"

One evening last October, when I was far from sober / And dragging home a load with manly pride / My feet began to stutter and I fell down in the gutter / And a pig came up and parked right by my side

Then I mumbled, "It's fair weather when good comrades get together" / Till a lady passing by was heard to say, / "You can tell a man that boozes by the playmates that he chooses" / Then the pig got up and slowly walked away

I began to scratch the gravel, on my all fours I did travel / I rambled down the road the best I could / When I awoke next morning, just as the day was dawning / I was in a hog pen away out in the woods

Then the hogs began to grumble, I started and I stumbled / I fell right in their midst and there I lay / Then one by one they started, till all the herd departed / Yes, every hog got up and walked away

Now lately I've been thinking that I will quit my drinking / I'm going to leave off whiskey, beer and grog / For there's no consolation, but only aggravation / When you can't even find friends with a hog

The following users thanked this post: lonnarin, Dorax Windsmith, cbnicholson, Anamnesis, Masterjack, willhoff, Warchild214

RollinsCat

Re: Kin Singin' Night
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 11:56:22 am »
The note is repinned, the supply of lyrics replenished.

gilshem ironstone

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 12:28:15 pm »
A graying dwarf working in a smithy in Bloody Gate hears some kinsman talking about their upcoming trek to Mariners Hold for the celebration.  He sets down his hammer and turns to them.

Ye're leaving yer pos' in da middle o' stockpilin' fer da glory o' our kin dyin' an' bleedin' on Belinara?  If ye go, do nay come back!

He spits on the ground and then turns back to his anvil.  He closes his eyes and calm surrounds him as he breathes deeply and then returns casting the head of a warhammer.

//wish I could dust off Gilshem for this, but RL calls.  Nice songs though!

Anamnesis

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 06:50:32 pm »
In preparation for the event, Elly double checks the pantries making sure they are fully stocked with roasts, fresh loaves of bread and fresh baked pies, satisfied with her efforts she makes her way back upstairs to finish preparing herself and to enjoy a bath after a day of hard work in the kitchens and clinic.
Elohanna Min A'Litae, Priestess of Aeridin
Breanna Shadowraven, Wizard/Rogue of Folian S'pae
Cord, Bard of Ilsare
Melaa A'nadivian, Ranger of Folian S'pae

RollinsCat

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 11:56:00 pm »
He wipes off a table after showing Daniel and Argali to rooms and tucking Minu to bed.  Griff's snores are clear all they way out to the bar and he chuckles as he mutters "trees drinking beer...".

anything