The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: New Guest arrives  (Read 431 times)

Masterjack

New Guest arrives
« on: February 20, 2012, 11:17:21 am »
//This is some preamble for Elohanna's CDQ

Mid Morning a Elven man walks into the Silver Buckle with quite a few bags. He looks around with a rather perplexed face. He speaks loudly to the staff with a rather conceited tone. "I'm looking for Elohanna, I thought I was to be expected. Did no one tell you I was coming?" His look goes from perplexed to frustrated.

Elohanna quickly heads out to greet the new comer. "Father Xandar, I presume? We have been expecting you and have your room prepared for your stay. Please we had expected you a bit sooner, please make yourself at home."

He looks at Elohanna and takes a long look up and down and back up again. "Hmmm, not exactly what I was expecting but I guess you will have to do. He looks about and asks in an authoritative tone. "Could we speak in a more private setting. Others do not need to hear what I have to say to you."

Elohanna smiles softly offering to show him the way to her office while Michael helps to take his bags to his room he will be staying in.

Father Xander then looks over at Michael and speaks to him with a superior tone. "I have 4 more bags on the pier that I had to leave behind. The Captain of the Rosa Lee said he would watch over them for me while I made arrangements. Be careful the items inside are fragile."

Before they move to the office Elohanna thanks Michael in advance for helping see to Father Xandars bags, "Thank you dearly Michael for helping see to Father Xandar's things. "

Offering in her friendly tone Elohanna shows him the way to her office as the walk together.

*An hour later Father Xander leaves the office and is shown to his room where his bags await*

The following users thanked this post: Serissa, Anamnesis, RollinsCat

Nehetsrev

Re: New Guest arrives
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 08:09:43 am »
*Since Jetta was 'volunteered' to make some decorative re-furnishments to the room in which Father Xandar is staying, he will find there two armoires ready to house his clothing.  In addition the room has been deocrated with two paintings of woodland scenes, one to either side of the bed.  There are also a pair of potted plants recently moved into the room to bring in some life.  In addition, a writing desk and chair, as well as a smaller lockable chest for valuables have been placed into the room.  A permanently enchanted lightsource provides ample lighting to the desk for writing, and can also be 'shut-off' by flicking a switch to close and seal it's shutter when the light is not in use.  A personal bathtub has also been moved into the room for him.  As a final touch, a box of chocolates made by a local confectinary in Mariner's Hold waits unopened on the pillow of the bed for Father Xandar's pleasure.*

//OOC - Would've added some of these things into the room with furniture deeds, but since the Buckle is already up against it's limits I felt it best not to push it, and to allow the items to be described via RP in this thread.

RollinsCat

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 08:53:55 am »
A still tired, still way-too-thin, and still recovering Andrew returns from a brief buying trip at Wisefoot Trading to find his wife's guest in house, but not in sight.

He seeks his wife and the kitchen in that order, knowing usually that one follows the other...

Anamnesis

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 05:44:33 pm »
Elohanna is found in the kitchen making a very light meal, freshly cooked bread, and a very light soup that is more of a clear broth with just a hint of spices to it, that smells flavorful testing it taste before adding just a bit more salt before ladling it into a bowl. Her hope is that it will be easy on not only their guests stomach but Raina and Andrews as well.

She carefully places some on a tray and then looks up seeing Andrew, "Hello Tashe, I have made some fresh soup if you feel up to some?"

On the tray she also places a bouquet of fresh flowers for their guest trying to make everything inviting and warm. I was just about to take some to our guest." Already pulling down two bowls and small plates for him and Raina.
Elohanna Min A'Litae, Priestess of Aeridin
Breanna Shadowraven, Wizard/Rogue of Folian S'pae
Cord, Bard of Ilsare
Melaa A'nadivian, Ranger of Folian S'pae

RollinsCat

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 06:59:23 pm »
"That sounds good, love.  I think my appetite is coming back."  He leans on the butcher block table and dunks bread in soup while she fusses with Father Xander's and Raina's meals.  "Tell me of our guest now that you've met him, if you would.  I've heard what Michael, Helly, and Edward have to say, and I must say I need a more balanced picture..."  A teasing smile, dunking his bread again, chewing slowly.

Anamnesis

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 11:23:19 pm »
She smiles watching him eating happy to see his appetite returning. "He's very much one of my kind from Sadinia, and can come off a bit abrasive and harsh, maybe even conceited and very direct and carries an air about him that you might feel from nobility, you know how they tend to feel superior to those around him.. Well I will let you meet him and decide for yourself Tashe.

I would urge you to keep an open mind though that he has been moved from his own home in Sidinia to come here and aid us, so that has to be rough for him as well. I do believe though that he is coming to understand, who we are and what our purpose is here, and I pray that we may even become friends. He would like to meet with all of the staff tomorrow morning after he has had a chance to get a good nights rest. The rest may even due to improve his mood."
Cord, Bard of Ilsare

Alatriel

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 11:30:23 pm »
Raina heads down to the kitchen to collect her meal.  She takes a long slow breath in, taking in the smells of the food.  "Ahh.... I don't think I'll ever take that smell for granted again."  She has dark circles under her eyes, suggesting that her dreams are still darkly disturbed, but she smiles and thanks Elohanna for the soup, winks at Andrew, and then heads into the main part of the inn to eat, leaving the other two alone to their discussions.

Anamnesis

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2012, 09:05:46 am »
She smiles at Raina as she comes into the kitchen, though seeing her looking so tired, tugs at her. "I was going to bring it up to you dear but I think getting up and about will help you too." She offers the bowl and bread to her on a plate before Raina goes into the dining area to eat.

Sighing and speaking softly to him "I wish I could ease her dreams and help her sleep. She looks so exhausted." Looking back over Andrew, "You don't look much better Tashe but it is relief to see you eating." Gently reaching up to put her warm hand against his cheek.
Cord, Bard of Ilsare

RollinsCat

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2012, 09:12:33 am »
"It will take us time, love.  Time...we just need some time.  I'd like to talk to Raina, I'm sure we're  having some of the same dreams.  You deliver your food offering to our esteemed guest."  He grins, stroking her cheek.   "We'll be out there and then I have letters to write before we fall out for muster tomorrow  morning.  From what I'm hearing, Sister Bernice was a walk in a flowery elven park compared to what we've got coming..."  He's not especially hungry, his stomach can't hold much right now, but he takes the rest of the soup and bread and heads out to sit with Raina after kissing his wife.

Anamnesis

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2012, 09:54:48 am »
She returns his kiss gently and watches until he leaves the kitchen, then finishes the tray, adding a pot of calming lemon tea instead of juice to complete the meal. Recalling how particular that Sister Bernice was with exactly 10 grains of sugar, though given his queasy stomach she adds just a hint of lemon to the tea. Then carefully takes the tea to the guest room, knocking gently on the door, awaiting permission to enter before she leaves him the tray, and waiting to see if there is anything else he requires before she leaves him to rest.

"If you need anything at all Father, please do not hesitate to let me know."

She nods politely before excusing herself to clean up in the kitchen before joining Raina and Andrew if they are still eating in the dining room.
Cord, Bard of Ilsare

anything