In-Character Forums > The Silver Buckle

The Minstrel and the Pea..

<< < (2/3) > >>

RollinsCat:
"If the lady asks, how can I refuse?"  He stands off the steps and bows to the families finishing their supper, then takes the stage and slides behind Ironsdottir.  The pixie is a cute one, nay - beautiful - with a seductive edge that seems...aimed...at him.  How very odd.  Or, merely an outrageous flirt, or an agent of some unknown evil.  His paranoia flutters, moth to his flame - dark elves have pixies too.

And yet she's quite the looker.  Is he wrong to look at her legs when she would barely stretch the length of his own hand?  Pff.  If it's wrong to admire a beautiful woman, he'll never be right.  Not that's he's really right, anyway.  He puts his hands on the keys, eyes on her.  "Whom do I have the privilege of addressing, Milady?  I don't recognize you and I am certain I would remember such a lovely face.  Are you a friend of Lianna's, or one of our residents or guests perhaps?"

Tobias:
She giggles a bit before speaking. Her demeanor cool and relaxed and she purrs "Mm You may call me Lynessa Wind m'lord and I believe you know my master, Celador Blackleaf?  He wasn't the one whistling at your.." she pauses a moment to find the word. "..physique.."

She smiles lightly as the looks him up and down. "And might I had you look rather delicious this evening.."  She tucks her legs under her and lays on the piano.. "I'm very eager to see the song I inspire..."

RollinsCat:
And there is the giggle that's been following him...epiphany on wings.  Bloody good thing he hasn't yet tried to broach those whistles and catcalls with Celador.  "I do indeed know your friend, Milady Lynessa."  He starts sketching out a tune on the giant ironwood piano.  "A fine gentleman, he treats you well I hope?"  Gentle conversation to cover his surprise.  'Delicious...'  By the Muse, if he were not married and were one hundred and ninety-nine pounds lighter...the tune expands from noodling on the natural keys to something more complex, but not too much so - a little danger on a heavy E, F, G, up to A, back down through C.  His fingers move along independent of his mind which is contemplating her, her barely contained interest - in a human? - and the dangerously high hike of her skirt.  And, assuming he were in fact six or eight inches tall, how those wings would affect the dynamics of...things...which leads him to wonder about Plenarius and whether that's why the Bird Lord is perpetually single.  But that doesn't follow, he'd be on to...

Alright, that's quite enough, Tashe.  Play for the lady.

Tobias:
She closes her eyes and lets the music take control. She sways lightly; her wings fluttering..Her wings beat faster as the music comes louder and intense.. Slowly she rises off the piano, twirling in the air. Her lips part and her voice matches his rhythm of his violin.. "Worlds apart; We've finally meet.." Her voice is soft but, alluring. "You sent me sailing into your arms.." She dances deftly in the air around Andrew drawing his eyes to her.. " In your warm embrace, There I will find no harm.." Little by little she move closer to him still in her dance. "Without you, I am incomplete..."

Closer she comes and she stretches out her hand and strokes his cheek as she passes.. "Hear my voice on the wind calling out your name, I am the voice of your desire." As she passes across the field of his vision she smiles lightly and her voice grows in strength and more enticing. "Come good sir, come and dance in my flame, Take my hand as the fire grows higher.."

She lingers in his view, swaying in rhythm of his bow strokes, her movement graceful and beguiling. "I'm the light of your earth, I will give you sight to your eyes.." She cups her hand to her chin and blows lightly as the pixie dust flutters from her hand. "Here at the moment of our birth, With your new vision, I have been stripped of my disguise."

She slides forward in the air toward his shoulder and delicately lands. Her voice is faint as if whispering to a lover. " Feel the rhythm of my heart, Do you hear the lover's call?. " she steps closer to his ear. "Worlds apart; Our love they will condemn." Her hand touches his cheek and strokes it lightly at first but then she leans her body into him, holding him. "Alas, this is my requiem.. But, let's make it a sweet, sweet goodbye. Sing ,Sing me to sleep.. It will be our only time.." He can feel something cool and wet touch his face. "As our eyes close, you will not see me weep."

RollinsCat:
Musings drift away as smoke fanned by tiny silvered wings; his fingers move along the piano keys, to inspire her movements and be inspired by them at the same time.  That this moment could ever be pursued is not in question - but that is then and this is now, and now, right now, the moment owns him.  He responds in a smooth baritone still touched by the warm tenor of his youth.

"Your tears are a gift
Your heart a rare book
I would read and read over
Were I able to look

"Your heat draws me in
Wings toward a flame
I hear you, I hear you
Singing my name

"Smoother than rose petals
Sweeter than nectar
Beguiling
Bewitching
Your voice is a spectre

"Haunting and fragile
What might have been
Worlds apart as we sit
Skin to skin

"I will sing in your slumber
Till sun dissolves night
Close your eyes, close your eyes
Dream well and sleep tight..."

The right hand plays the melody, his left reaches to his shoulder to stroke the pixie's hair gently - ever so gently - with his thumb.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version