The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Announcing: Silver Buckle Gong Show  (Read 885 times)

RollinsCat

Announcing: Silver Buckle Gong Show
« on: August 06, 2012, 08:07:39 pm »
[SIZE=16]Comedy is defiance. It's a snort of contempt in the face of fear and anxiety. And it's the laughter that allows hope to creep back on the inhale.[/SIZE]
[/I]

THE SILVER BUCKLE ANNOUNCES: THE GONG SHOW

Mulnari, Mai Ninth, Fifteen Hundred and Two starting at eight o'clock in the evening.

Bring your best song/dance/joke/story/impression/costume/skit/trained animal act/juggling/acrobatic attempts/bow and arrow tricks/illusions/contortionist/yo-yo tricks*

A panel of judges consisting of anyone not actually performing will either ring the gong on their table (BAD) or not ring the gong on their table (GOOD).

Prizes will be awarded as follows:

BEST ACT (as measured by lack of gongage):  2000 True coin and whatever I have lying around.

WORST ACT (as measured in deafening factor of mallet on metal): 2000 True coin and some other junk.

The public is invited to compete**.  Dark elves, dark elf sympathizers, Sulterio lovers, and people wanting to blow up my inn strictly prohibited.

[SIZE=10]
//*Please keep your act short-ish, no more than a few minutes if you're feeling really prolific. Feel free to borrow something already done.  Anything goes here, really.  Be aware I may ask for skill/ability checks based on your act just to spice up the results - roll with it!

//**GMs are welcome to bring NPCs; if they win, they get the coin.[/SIZE]

The following users thanked this post: miltonyorkcastle, Serissa, Gunther, Anamnesis

RollinsCat

Re: Announcing: Silver Buckle Gong Show
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 12:30:12 pm »
//Don't forget the Gong Show after this Sat's quest!  No need to write something new or unique unless you want to, just mod something you've always found funny or emotional or impressive to fit the flavor of Layo.  All welcome to participate or hit the (virtual) gong!

RollinsCat

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 09:16:31 am »
//Silver Buckle Gong Show is delayed due to Storold's group quest

Comedy is defiance. It's a snort of contempt in the face of fear and anxiety. And it's the laughter that allows hope to creep back on the inhale.
[/I]

THE SILVER BUCKLE ANNOUNCES: THE GONG SHOW

Satari, Seplar Fourteenth, Fifteen Hundred and Two starting at eight-thirty in the evening.

Bring your best song/dance/joke/story/impression/costume/skit/trained animal act/juggling/acrobatic attempts/bow and arrow tricks/illusions/contortionist/yo-yo tricks*

A panel of judges consisting of anyone not actually performing will either ring the gong on their table (BAD) or not ring the gong on their table (GOOD).

Prizes will be awarded as follows:

BEST ACT (as measured by lack of gongage):  2000 True coin and whatever I have lying around.

WORST ACT (as measured in deafening factor of mallet on metal): 2000 True coin and some other junk.

The public is invited to compete**.  Dark elves, dark elf sympathizers, Sulterio lovers, and people wanting to blow up my inn strictly prohibited.

//*Please keep your act short-ish, no more than a few minutes if you're feeling really prolific. Feel free to borrow something already done. Anything goes here, really. Be aware I may ask for skill/ability checks based on your act just to spice up the results - roll with it!  Remember that you don't have to write anything, just find something that would work.  TIPS HERE on how to avoid having to type it all in manually.

//**GMs are welcome to bring NPCs; if they win, they get the coin.

RollinsCat

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 12:01:20 pm »
Gong Show this Sat. at eight-thirty*!  Come one and all, there have been rumors of shows being prepared...bring a little something, come show off just how good you are or how bad you're willing to be...

//*Eastern time.  NPCs very much welcome to compete so long as they're not dark elves.

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2012, 12:05:23 pm »
Quote from: RollinsCat

//*Eastern time.  NPCs very much welcome to compete so long as they're not dark elves.

*Plays some omnious music to add suspense till the time comes*

RollinsCat

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2012, 08:10:40 pm »
Gongs are set out on tables* and food and beverages stocked up; the Buckle is ready to host the Gong Show!

//*theoretical gongs.  You have to make the noise with your fingers using the keyboard, like so: "gong".  Or "bong", or "clang" or possible "crash" if you're feeling feisty.

RollinsCat

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2012, 09:08:23 pm »
The Silver Buckle's security chief takes a night off, leaving the Buckle in Edward and Winston's hands, and transforms into....a comedienne?

RollinsCat

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2012, 09:29:30 pm »
A lovely Elyees in a suit of wolf, reciting poetry on all fours...why are you not here, again?

RollinsCat

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2012, 09:35:41 pm »
And ode to pasta and compressed meat by Cord!

RollinsCat

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2012, 09:48:43 pm »
Melodius sings a song of of the Leringard Arms on fire and the courageous who stayed behind...to drink the booze!

RollinsCat

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2012, 09:54:37 pm »
A fine specimen of the kin, Captain Trueaxe, doing IMPRESSIONS.  Seriously, you need to be here.

RollinsCat

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2012, 10:30:43 pm »
And the winner is ELYEES SUMMERBREEZE! Wild applause!  Jetta, despite her best efforts to assure her first place by gonging everyone else, took last place - but only because the competition was so fierce!

anything