The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Visit from a Fashionista  (Read 868 times)

Alatriel

Visit from a Fashionista
« on: August 28, 2012, 02:46:57 pm »
Zari walks into the Buckle and smiles at Michael, asking if Andy Pandy is around.

She seems to have mostly added color back in her wardrobe, but wears a white short dress with long, full flowing sleeves, with ruffles on the cuffs and along the scooping neckline, and along the bottom edge, stopping just above mid-thigh length, paired with a black reinforced silk corseted overdress, accessorized with a couple red belts with shiny gold buckles, and her tall high-heeled, red thigh-high boots shined to perfection. Her wavy blond is pulled up into a loose ponytail tied with a red ribbon, letting soft curls frame her face and keeping her pointed elven ears plainly visible. She pulls off her black cloak and drapes it over a bar stool, revealing her rapier, Heartbreaker at her hip. All in all, she looks like she just stepped off of the most fashionable pirate ship known to Layonara. She waits about as patiently as she can while Michael fetches Andrew, tapping her fingers on the bar for a few minutes and then leaning over to look to see if he has anything to draw with while waiting, not seeming to notice or care too much about the short skirt she wears or the effect it might have for the patrons if she leans that far over the bar.

The following users thanked this post: RollinsCat

RollinsCat

Re: Visit from a Fashionista
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 03:01:25 pm »
"He's here, he's here.  Stuck in his office with that bloody violin he's building."  The tall blonde man holds up a forefinger and walks around from the bar, trying very hard not to stare. Most of the patrons don't bother and the table behind her erupts (quietly, under Heloise's withering glare) in coos and whistles.  

A few moments later Andrew follows his Tavern Manager out of the front office.  His latest coat is again floor-length, red velvet over leather, and rustles as he walks.  His black leather trousers, tailored to his exact height and weight, taper into black leather boots with enough heel to put him a hair taller than Steel, horns excluded.  The bard's shirt is pitch black leather although tanned thin enough to move like cloth; rich gold laces and trim carve an outline against the darker materials.  There are light smears of wood dust that appear hastily and incompletely brushed away.

Upon seeing the woman who first dressed him well, he breaks in to a wide smile and bows, moving in for a hug.
 "Zarianna, how have you been?  Can I get you a drink?"

Alatriel

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 03:09:57 pm »
Zari gives Andrew a friendly hug, then takes hold of his shoulders with both hands and pushes him out away from her enough to look at him with a very stern expression.  

"I came to ask you a favor," she starts without much preamble.  "You have got to stop Raz from practicing the violin before my ears fall off.  Either that, or this violin you're making him darn well better be magic enough to play itself!  He swears he's getting better, but holy mother of music, I swear there are times when it sounds like a cat that is either in heat or dying.  Are you at least giving him lessons, or is he being Raz and insisting on doing this all on his own?"  She takes a breath.  "You've got to help me or I swear I'm going to die!"

RollinsCat

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 03:29:20 pm »
"He's being Raz.  We talked about lessons when he commissioned the instrument - well, it was rather spur of the moment, we didn't so much talk as banter it about while he was baiting this Rofirinite woman.  I haven't caught up to him since although I did see that he bought one of my mahogany violins."  One leg under him, he settles on a stool, running a thumb over his upper lip.  "For your sanity I will of course make it a point to offer, but I'll need your help - finding him home and not busy is by itself a challenge.  If you can assist in arranging a time, I will see if I can show him something less mangled feline to play.

"By the way, you look fabulous."

Alatriel

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 03:38:18 pm »
"Why thank you, kind sir."  Zari smiles and curtsies in a courtly manner, and then spins around for him to get a good look, causing the ruffles on the bottom of her skirt to flare out just slightly.

She stops, facing him again.  "I'll see what I can do about tricking him... I mean, convincing him... to take some lessons.  It'd be nice to have some good music in the house, but gee-mi-nee!  I didn't realize a violin could sound like that.  I seriously cast silence spells around me just so I could get some reverie!"

RollinsCat

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 03:46:29 pm »
"It is the best of sounds, it is the worst of sounds..."  Grinning at Zari.  "I do intend to try and put some magic into Amati...er, his violin; it's coming from here."  Taps his heart.  "A little at a time.  I have some idea of a way to teach without boring him - Muse, that will be a challenge - but if you can offer up any hints on engaging his attention I'm all ears.  It's strange, I've known him for decades and never really known him..."

Alatriel

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 03:53:26 pm »
She taps her lips thoughtfully.  "You know, if you know someone more his type to teach him, he might be more inclined to learn from someone.  No offense, Andy, but as much as you liked kissing him, I do think he prefers girls."  She grins at him with a wink.  "And what did you call his violin?  I heard it's some sort of fashion statement, but I wasn't sure by the description if it would even play music."

RollinsCat

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2012, 04:03:28 pm »
"Hah!  It was he who enjoyed kissing me, don't let his brave facade fool you.  He pines."  More seriously.  "Amati...it named itself, at least to me.  These things happen - you know."  A statement, not a question.  "And I'm not entirely sure it will play.  The violin's body is fine and coming along nicely, the bow will be heavy and very resonant but I think that will only add to the timber...but the silk.  I can't twist it, it's so sticky.  Rosin doesn't work. I've either got to replace the material or beg for an epiphany."  A snort that expresses more frustration than he's letting on.

Alatriel

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2012, 04:10:36 pm »
"Well... here's a thought.  Make the bowstring out of something that you know -will- play.  Then just tell Raz it's whatever it was that he wanted it to be, and if it looks differently, just tell him it's the rosin that makes it look that way."  She shrugs a shoulder.  "Make it convincing enough, he'll probably believe you.  He's pretty good at catching tells if someone's bluffing him, but just play to what he wants to hear and you'll be fine."

RollinsCat

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2012, 04:19:45 pm »
A grin.  "If it comes to that I might, but I'm feeling stubborn about this.  I haven't tried everything yet...for now though, horsehair, at least to finish the body and bow.  And I will ask around for a lovely lady who teaches violin.  It may be indeed that I'm the wrong choice for his instructor...but do see if we can set up at least one lesson.  If not to teach him than to allow me to learn a little."  He offers his hand.  "Now, what can I offer you on such a rare visit that would please?  Song, dance, a good meal, a round of darts?"

Alatriel

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2012, 04:32:09 pm »
Zari grins.  "Yes to all of the above, just no blue food or drink and I'll be good as gold."

anything