The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Adventuring Gear  (Read 143 times)

Ellis

Adventuring Gear
« on: January 08, 2008, 08:02:57 pm »
~~ Adventuring Gear ~~

Offering a free set of lesser adventuring gear for an aspiring fighter or rogue.

2 Dexterity Rings of Lesser Power, crafted by Lia
1 Dexterity Amulet of Lesser Power, crafted by Lia
1 Pair of Gloves of Fury

Please have an actual need of this equipment, as crafting skills do not count as 'need'.

~-~ Ellis Kyudo ~-~

ycleption

Re: Adventuring Gear
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 08:14:19 pm »
*Drexia winces as she walks by and sees the gloves of fury offered free*

With respect, I ask you to reconsider your generous offer. Many merchants rely on the sales of such things to earn their bread, and giving such things away hurts their sales, as people begin to value such goods less when they see them offered for free like this. I do not wish to denigrate your intentions, which I am sure are of the noblest kind, but please try to think of the effects before offering gear in this manner.
If you are wishing to see your gear go to a good cause, might I suggest donating them to the Foundation, or another charitable organization, which can resell them and use the profits to help feed the hungry and such?

~Sincerely, Drexia

ycleption

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 08:15:15 pm »
I'll take the gloves.
~Pallena

Mooneyes

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 08:37:08 pm »
I will be interested in the jewlery if it has not been taken yet.  

Keela Cent

Krell Himmler

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 07:01:09 am »
*you see a note tacked on underneath*

It's high time, the merchants have been charging blatantly over a reasonable price for some time, they deserve to be undercut or have their business attacked.

LightlyFrosted

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 11:58:52 am »
*A hasty note is added in the blank paper under the note tacked on*

With due respect, this would seem to be an act of charity, and neither an attempt to attack nor undercut the local merchants.  As it is unlikely that this will be a continual thing - and in fact, seems more likely to be the disposal of equipment that the previous owner found to be obsolete - it would seem to be a generous act without sinister motive.

All that said, this is a posting for the giving of gifts, not one for debate.  There are doubtless better avenues if such a debate is desired.