The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Aeridinite-friendly non-lethal battle accoutrements here!  (Read 198 times)

Pseudonym

Re: Aeridinite-friendly non-lethal battle accoutrements here!
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2007, 05:03:01 pm »
Matilda,

Indeed it was my own experiences in feeling the debilitating effects of these toxins that prompted my research into refining them for the usage of furthering the cause of 'good' as opposed to it's historical use as a tool of 'evil'. I remember I was overcome with a great lethargy and the strength in my arms fled quicker than any rogue. It was my own personal experience of such that was the impetus for my thoughts on how such a tool might be used to potential benefit as well as to harm.

Please know I have spoken to Captain Tarradon Duvall, Paladin and Umbra of the Knights of Rofirien about the legality of my wares. Whilst he has expressed grave concerns about the morality of such things he has confirmed that under common law, as it exists at this point in time, I am NOT breaching any legal boundaries. Mayhaps you should ACTUALLY speak to those you profess to represent before you start trying to enforce laws that don't actually exist.

Arkolio de'Averlain

PS. The Lady look upon me with forgiveness? The ladies tend to look upon me with a great deal of forgiveness.

Hellblazer

RE: Aeridinite-friendly non-lethal battle accoutrements here!
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2007, 07:57:44 pm »
My last name is my birth name and in no way will I change it.
    As to A non-Lethal ways, the word of the life giver state to not harm, hence harming is not necessarily lethal but still you are trying to promote a product that is clearly against the principles and words of Aeridin, using his name as a sell speech. This is despicable tactics of sales.
    In no way shall I give you my support to further Tarnish the will and name of Aeridin, and I will call all my brethren to do the same. If a petition to the local authorities has to be made, I will seek the guidance and approval of the highest in the clergy and such will be done with their consent. But this blasphemy shall stop.
    Lex'or Gravedigger (and proud to bear the name of my father and for fathers)   Cleric of Aeridin

Pseudonym

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2007, 08:56:33 pm »

Lex'or,

I hope you were not offended about the name suggestion, it was just an idea. I was only trying to be helpful. It's just that certain names channel children into certain careers. Name your kid Jeeves or Alfred and there is a fair chance they are going to become a butler, yes? Name your new baby boy Bubba and there is quite a strong likelihood that whilst he will probably grow up to be a very large man he will also end up in the maximum security facility in Fort Velensk.

I cannot understand why you are unable to see the shades of grey in this matter. From my original advertisement I stressed that my products should only be used in unavoidable circumstances. I am not arguing that an opponent who is affected will not feel nauseated and debilitated and weakened. They will be. However, hopefully now there will be a possibilty that a life will not have to be brought to an end as being the only outcome for the UNAVOIDABLE hostilities.

Respectfully,
Arkolio de'Averlain

Hellblazer

RE: Aeridinite-friendly non-lethal battle accoutrements here!
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2007, 09:05:45 am »
Arkolio,
  Not only are you prophaning the words and teaching of Aeridin, but you are also doing so to my fathers and forfathers name that they all have hold dear to them since the very begining of our village.
  Poison is poison, and as long as it is against the will of Aeridin to do harm, you will not get support from me.
  Lex'or Gravedigger.

Polak76

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2007, 03:13:05 pm »
*Alandric enters the trade hall shrouded under the illusion of invisibility.  It is an hour past midnight and he scours the room to ensure no one is scrying.  From within his robes he tacs a note to the board and swiftly disappears into the cool darkness outside.*

*On a black parchment with elegant flowing golden ink the note reads...*

Arkolio,

Do no waste your valuable time assessing the ethics of poisons with feeble minded individuals whom lack the intelligence or foresight to perceive the merit of your actions.  This time wasted reduces your productivty and productivity is essential for good business.

Your valuable efforts have not gone unnoticed and with that I would like to arrange a meeting where we may negotiate a contract.  You will be hansomly rewarded and encouraged to continue your good work for greater organisations.

Cease this endless debate and leave these boards for those whom wish to sell lesser-goods.  Ignore the threats from these self-righteous individuals whom natter endlessley of forceful actions yet cower behind the corrupt laws set by their superiours.  These are only a weak handful whose time would best be served debating the weather as opposed to comprehending topics exceedingly vast for thier frail intellects.

I will find you when I am sure you are alone to discuss this further.

**the note is left unsigned**

Pseudonym

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2007, 06:57:43 pm »

Dear Sirs/Madams who have expressed interest in my products of peace,

As long as I am satisfied that your intentions are noble and your hearts pure, concepts that I hold so very dear and near to my heart, I will be most pleased to transact at earliest possible convenience.

Dear Lex'or Gravedigger,

It saddens me that I must proceed with my transacations without the blessings of one minor acolyte of Aeridin, however, I will continue on my explorations of alternative avenues to serving the Great Cycle regardless. Just out of curiosity, did you really have five fathers? It explains a lot.

Yours,
Arkolio de'Averlain

Pseudonym

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2007, 11:15:02 pm »
*Heavily cowled in a pure white robe adorned with a golden oak-leaf motif, Arkolio enters the trade and market hall and repositions this notice.He pens a small addition to the bottom.*

My distillations are still available for immediate purchase and delivery. Peace be upon all men, women and children in these dark times.

Pseudonym

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2007, 10:27:38 pm »
*readjusts the multiple sheets of parchment that comprise his original notice and the slew of replies to the front of the board*

lonnarin

« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2007, 02:33:28 pm »
Bah, ye folks be scared little kittens pawing at a bowl of curdled milk.

Poisons ain't evil.  They ain't wrong neither.  I meself take great pride in helpin to train some of the best toxicologists the realm has to offer, among them Willy and Ozymandius.  I do so for various reasons...

1) To unmake, one must learn to make:  How is somebody supposed to cure a poison that they know nothing about?  Ask one who abhores poisons and dares not dabble in them to cure a child who was bitten by a spider, and he'll just scratch his head and shrug to leave it to die.  Ask Willy on the other hand and ye'll not only have a chart listing the species, coloration and size of the spider, but also a quick recipe on how to devise an anti-toxin.  Now sure, some of ye faithful folk might say that your god can cure all ails... maybe so.  But think of the implications!  You say that your gods are good and just when they lift these poisons through faith, yet they knowingly deny their powers from those who don't offer prayer to them.  Are we then merely pawns in their great game of charity?  "Do as I say, or die?"  Not the kind of "goodly" gods I'd like to be following...  Dorand on the other hand says, if ye can make a cure, then go out there and MAKE IT YERSELF YE LAZY BUGGARTS!  None of this snivelling and ranting to tha sky gods... and in the rare case he does see fit to cure yer ails, it's usually so ye can carry more ore and keep working.  To make anti-toxins is not something ye kin just pull out of ye arse overnight, nay.  Tis an art that takes long hours into the night checking formulas, titrations and gestations.  Something the goodly folk couldn't begin to comprehend.

2) If it was wrong, there wouldn't be poison benches in the crafthall.  Excuse me lads, be any of ye local magistrates?  No?  I suppose then that I won't be arrested iffn I place me gland on this here table.  Oh look at that... perfectly legal.  So pike off with yer "holier than thou" and "law abiding" song and dance about the dark nature of poisoncraft.  Yer in Mistone, and ye don't have to do what the Mistonians do, but at least give them a break in yer preachings.

3) Resistance is gained through exposure to poison: There isn't a spider alive what kin send its venom to me heart; Queen, Sword n Bastard alike all kin gnaw on me till the end of days and I won't even get me a fever.  Only one great yellow snake from the eastern lands ever phased me in the past 2 decades, and its DEAD!  Since starting Willy's training, he's been supplying me with poisons of increasing strenght for this very purpose; building a resistance.  I can drink 50 bottles of Queen venom straight these days without anything more than a slight case of the runny poops, so it must be working pretty well.  Had poisoncraft been illegal and I had been unable to aquire access to such venoms, my resistance would be a stunted far cry from what it is today... and who would win in that scenario?  I tell you who, the lawless and honorless who don't care if something's illegal or not!  Putting a stygma on poisoncraft only allows those who don't care all the more power in A) being the only poisoncrafter in town and B) being the only one able to build a resistance.  I would suggest that many of the folks here who have issue with the good father be brigands themselves, fearful of their underhanded tactics being opposed.

4) Plenty of poisons exist which are entirely non-lethal.  Paralyzing agents, sleeping poisons, hells, some folk even call a sturdy ale "poison" since it affects ye.  The process of spiking a drink or shooting a needle into a criminal to have him plop to the ground in a heap is a heck of a lot less bloody and more humane than drawing your sword and making a heated conflict in the middle of town.  Sure, one can argue that some folk deserve such a brutal fate and need be put down, but what of the bystanders ye chop and the lanterns ye turn over to send fires spreading across the township?  Ever think of them?  What about the cost of the tavern owner replacing furniture and the children of the criminal?  A good stout mickey in a cup seems quite the alternative to the havok a "goodly" zealot would wreak.

5) Dorand blesses all who craft.  As a Defender of Dorand, any who stand in the way of this lad crafting will crush under me hammer.  In fact, Methinks I'll be helping train him now in his art in spite of and *because of* your poorly-concieved and insulting objections.  Ye stirred me ire, and rather than getting angry or violent bout it, I may as well get busy!  That's the most productive path, I'm thinkin.

That being said Arkolio, I fully support your trade and most importantly your right to craft.  Let not these self-righteous pagans sway ye on step from your learnings.  I'll start filling a few sacks or two of some extra potent glands for ye.  HAR!

-Bjornigar Ironguts

Pseudonym

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2007, 12:46:06 am »
HAR!

Bless ye Bjornigar, Defender of the independent crafter!

Arkolio de'Averlain

Odranoela

« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2007, 05:44:42 pm »
*small note is added*

Poison? Why didn't -I- think of that!!! I'll find ya...

*no name is signed*