The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Scrolls Wanted  (Read 69 times)

minerva

Scrolls Wanted
« on: November 04, 2005, 11:17:00 am »
[SIZE=18]Sophia slams down the cover of the book in frustration. The Lucindite librarian glares at her then walks over and firmly removes it from her grasp.  He growls: “If you cannot show more respect for the works, I suggest you leave”.  Sophia glares back, but makes no move to leave.  Instead she whips out a sheet of oak parchment, her quill, and ink well and begins to write.[/SIZE][/COLOR]
  [SIZE=18][/SIZE]
[SIZE=18][/SIZE]
  [SIZE=18] [/SIZE]

Student of the Arcane seeks teacher(s).

Expertise in the Schools of Enchantment and Illusion are preferred, but I desire to learn all schools of magic. Compensation for your time will be based on the difficulty of the lessons. Please leave word with the Postmaster or seek me directly.

Sophia

[SIZE=18]Satisfied with what she has written, she strolls over to the desk and requests multiple copies of her notice be made.  While waiting for them to be scribed, she walks back to the Librarian and apologizes for the rough handling of his book and kisses his cheek.  Sophia waves him goodbye and picks up her flyers, then steps outside Blackford to pay a young boy to distribute them to the local mage towers and inns.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=18]/// OOC  I am looking to purchase scrolls, but rather than barter for a piece of paper and “add it to my spell book”  I am looking for some roleplay on learning the particular scroll.  Normal market price would be the teaching fee. Sophia is still a low level mage so spells desired are in the 2nd,3rd, and 4th levels.  [/SIZE]
[SIZE=18]The teachers for the Arcane Alliance are insanely busy with real life so let’s have a bit of fun with this.[/SIZE]
  [SIZE=18][/SIZE]
  [SIZE=18] [/SIZE]

mixafix

RE: Scrolls Wanted
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2005, 04:22:00 am »
(a line is added, plain and simple)

seek out an arc of the circle.

minerva

RE: Scrolls Wanted
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2005, 02:36:00 pm »
*Sophia see the added line, carefully removes the flyer and replaces it with a fresh one, She takes the note and heads toward the Inn, speaking softly to herself*
  Hmm, The Arc of the Circle... Sounds intriguing... I must make some discrete inquires...

anything