The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Grand Opening - the Saddlebag Pawn Barter Shop!  (Read 3111 times)

Guardian 452

Re: Grand Opening - the Saddlebag Pawn Barter Shop!
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2011, 10:22:20 pm »
*Dot saunters into the pawn shop*

Alright fella..... I got some stuff here for ya. You figure out with it's all worth and lemme know what I got comming to me eh?

*she lays down several items on the counter*
(i will put each item in the proper chest)

Ascenders March Boots
+3 AC Elemental
+3 AC Giant
+2 AC goblinoid
Lense 22560 - level 14

Swashbucklers Sabre
+1 AC
Enhancement +1
+4 Parry
Lense 12340 - level 12

Belt of Aquisition
Dex +1
Pick Pocket +4
Cast - Expeditious Retreat(5) 1/day
Lense 7444

Sonnet of Summons (book)
Lense 4004

Amplify Scroll - level 1 bard

Stoneskin Scroll - Level 4 druid,wiz, sorc

Greater Spell Breach scroll - level 6 wiz/sorc

I'll check back later ta see what all this is gonna get me in trade stock

*she nods and heads back out of the shop*

merlin34baseball

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2011, 12:24:26 pm »
*a note is left with Tinpin*

]Riven,

I was perusing the crates and found some scrolls that will further my learning of the Al'Noth.

I have taken:

Circle of Death
Stone to Flesh
Undeath to Death
Ethereal Visage
Greater Spell Breach

I have left:

A mahogany quarter staff enchanted with fire (1d6)
A swashbucklers sabre
A snakefang dagger

By my calculations the value of the scrolls was 32060

The value of the goods I left was 36876

The percentage that I would have owed per your business rules is 3206, Please simply keep the 5% that I usually get from your sales until my 5% ~ 1603 Trues are paid off.

If this is not acceptable please stop by my office or let Alton know and I can get the 1603 Trues out of petty cash for you.

My Thanks,
Tyrian Baldu'muur
Proprieter of The Twin Dragon Inn
Firestarter
[/FONT]
[/I]

Riven

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2011, 03:18:23 pm »
Riven walks into the shop, shakes the rain from his cloak, and touches base with his scribe. He's got a contented grin on his face from spending a couple weeks in the wilds.

"Well! Been busy here I see! So, we've got a 54,619 Trade Credit for the lady who brought the assortment of goods and scrolls. What was her name Tinpin?"

"The halfling shrugs, sorry sir, I was outside at the loo. The guards said she just set them down on the counter and said she'd check back later."

Riven smiles, "good enough! And my friend and landlady Tyrian has stopped by, wonderful!"

He reads her note, and nods.

"I'm glad she's finding items of interest to her! This looks just fine...though she did miswrite the % I pay her - 50% of each transaction, not 5%. So the 1603 True she owes for the goods I will pay off with the money I would normally be paying her from future transactions, until it is paid off. Good enough! Well Tinpin, what do you think? Do you have time to inventory everything and write all the items out on a flyer so potential customers know what's in the shop before they come by?"

"erm...," Tinpin shuffled side to side, "that would be a lot of work Sir, especially if you want the flyers up all over the place. I've got enough on my plate keeping the place clean, and tracking the transactions."

Riven laughed and nodded, "alright, my friend. Fair enough. If I want posters I'll write them. For now, I think a good night's sleep in a bed would be good for me."

Riven

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2011, 05:09:55 pm »
Riven adds a few items to the chest, as Tinpin notes them in the ledger.

"From Dot, who I met in Center, and who dropped off that large assortment of goods we were looking at earlier -
Whip of Lashing,
Gloves of Badger,
Gloves of Bat,
and a very nice iron warhammer.
Adding with her other goods, she has a trade credit of 79,347. Please leave a note for her here at the shop, Tinpin."

"er...sir?" spoke up Tinpin. "I noticed she put an Ascenders March Boots in the chest, but we already have two pairs. We'll need to give those back to her until someone else takes a pair. So I believe that makes her credit.....um....56,787."

gilshem ironstone

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2011, 06:36:35 pm »
Gel'larian approaches Tinpin.

Put in a walking stick of the hierophant, a scroll of bless weapon, endure elements, summon creature of the first circle and a stardust of goran.  I believe that should cover the value of the jewelry I took.

Guardian 452

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2011, 08:33:15 pm »
*Dot goes in and she grumbles as she is told to take the boots back however after taking them she sets 3 more items on the counter*

Here take this stuff too...

Iron Bastard Sword (Named The Final Say)
w/ 1d4 Cold damage - Lense 7100 lvl 9

Iron Full Plate Armor
Lense 14100 - lvl 12

Iron Longsword
Lense 2028 - lvl 5

*Dot tells them to add it to her total and that she will be back soon to pick out some things from the shop*

(I made sure you didnt have 2 of any of these and placed each in the proper chests)

Riven

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2011, 09:57:08 pm »
Riven walks in, "Greetings Dot! good to see you!"

"Excellent items you bring! However we do not use the lens price for crafted goods, only found treasures. We use Cailomel's price list for crafted goods. So let's see these items...
Iron longsword has a trade credit of 1250.
Iron full plate armor 2500
iron bastard sword with Cold of the 2nd tier would be 1750 True plus 3140 True, or 4890.
So these three items are worth 8,640 in Trade Credit. Adding that to your previous items brings your total trade credit to 65,427. Good?"

// on the advice of another merchant house, for all future transactions involving enhanced weaponry - all enhanced weapons will be valued at 75% of the value of the specific weapon and 75% of the value of the specific enhancement. I've updated the main poster (first entry in this thread of the forum).//

Erik K

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2011, 11:09:06 pm »
discretely places hsi tiems and a note in the crate:

to the owner of this establishment, I have taken a set of your bracers that seem to help with my dexterity.  in return I have left you 2 iron maces, a whip that i' heard called the adler and a book on destruction.  if you require anything more from me regarding this transaction, contact me through the inn keeper in ft. vehl, asking for aynndel caladur.
my thanks.

Zoogmunch

« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2011, 09:35:35 am »
Grendola Pigstrotter wanders around the shop looking for the shop assistant as she cant read any of the notice saying what things cost or what the trade value are.

leaving greasy bacon fat smudges on most of the chests she drops off a set of studded jaguar leather armour, a pair of gloves of austerity ( +12 disc), an iron dwarven waraxe with no enhancements her old iron greataxe with a plus 6 cold enhancement known as "Buttock Cleaver".

She tells the other people shopping what she has left and wonders if the owner can leave a message at teh bar saying what they might be worth before she leaves.

She pops back in and asks where the chests of polka dot bloomers are kept and do they have any with lace?

//read the price list but frankly got confused re armours and enhanced weapons.  I'll wait for an updat eand come back to shop.

Zoogmunch

Riven

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2011, 11:55:06 am »
Riven walks in and surveys the bustling scene at the Saddlebag Pawn Barter Shop.

Tinpin and several serving folk are busy cleaning the bacon grease off the chests. Tinpin looks up, notices Riven, and with an exasperated sigh goes and gathers some items to show to Riven.

"Sir, some uncouth creature has fouled our pristine shop with greasy fingerprints on every chest! And they left four items soaked in disgusting grease. It will take all morning to clean these - look at these gloves! and the armor! Atrocious condition! We really shouldn't give full trade credit for these things! And the axe over yonder is named...well...something scandalous! No-one will want to wield it! No one!"

"Scandalous?" replied Riven, bemused, and attempting to stifle his laughter.

The halfling leaned closer and whispered, "Buttocks-Cleaver! Can you imagine? What kind of customer would wield a great axe called....?" Tinpin shivered in disgust.

"Well Tinpin," answered Riven, "I understand your sentiments, and I do understand it will take a lot of work to bring the shop back to the immaculate condition you keep it in, however, it is my intention for this shop to serve all manners of folk. And as we have discussed, customer service is of great importance. Here, don't look so dismayed, I'll help with the cleaning, and we'll have it done soon enough!"

"Right sir, right enough!"
Tinpin stood straighter and his face firmed into an expression of the stoic professional. "I'll write a note to this....customer. Though I do think marking off another 10% on the great axe is fair, Sir, as it will limit the potetial of a customer taking it. And perhaps we take off a mere 14 True for the added cleaning, rounding down their Trade Credit to 13,000"

"Fair enough, Tinpin. Thanks for bending." Replied the amused Proprietor.

Tinpin scribed a note, and placed it on the wide counter of the shop.

"Dear Sir or Madam,
We thank you for your fine goods. We do however ask that in the future you clean your hands and clean your goods before entering our establishment. Cleanliness is of paramount importance to me.

Here is your trade credit:

Gloves of Austerity 2820
Studded Jaguar Armor 1382
Iron Dwarven Waraxe 2500
Iron Greataxe (1750) with third tier Cold Enhancement (7960) 9710, however we do lower the price of all enhanced weapons by 25%, and we are choosing to lower this axe by another 10% due to the name etched on the iron, as most customers would be ashamed to wield a weapon named such. Thus the Greataxe trade credit comes to 7,283.

We are also deducting 14 True off the total for the added cleaning we are needing to do to your items. In the future it will be a 10% lower credit for any item of such uncleanliness.

Total Trade Credit: 13,000
We thank you for your business.
~Tinpin
Scribe of Saddlebag Pawn Barter Shop

Guardian 452

« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2011, 11:48:04 am »
*Sszeylbryn slips quietly into the store when traffic is low. He studies the chest of leather armor and takes a suit of Panther leather, leaving behind his brown bear leather suit. He then drops 893 True Coin into the proper chest*

// Panther Leather @ Cailomels - 2064
Brown Bear Leather @ Cailomels 1376
Leaving 687 owed + 10% of the Panther price 206 = 893 left in the chest.

gilshem ironstone

« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2011, 12:30:30 pm »
Gel'larian stops a cart he is having towed to the Arms, and stops inside to the Pawn Shop.  He takes two pairs of gloves and puts them in a chest.

They should serve someone well.

//Dropped two pairs of Gloves of the Scout.  Totally forgot to check the lens price.  Will do later and edit here.

Riven

« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2011, 02:46:53 pm »
Tinpin calls after the rushing Gel'larion, "Thank you, Sir!"

Then he notes the transaction with a neat precise script in the shop ledger:

"Two Gloves of the Scouts, at 5760 trade value each, gives Gel'larion a trade credit of 11,520."

gilshem ironstone

« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2011, 04:31:51 pm »
Hm?

He spins around to receive the halfling.

Oh thank you Master Tinpin.  I will come shopping later.

He grins and turns back to the cart, instructing the driver to head acorss town to the arms.

Guardian 452

« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2011, 05:26:29 pm »
*Dot leaves 3 level 1 scrolls in the scroll chest*
(Sleep, Endure Elements, Summon Creature 1)

Jess add that to my credit line eh?

*She saunters over to another chest*

I'm gonna take this parasol thing.
(Parasol of Shock Redirection - Lens 26780)

*she then tosses 2678 into the Donation chest*

Just lemme know how much credit I got now.

*she waives and twirls her new parasol as she leaves*

Riven

« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2011, 05:36:17 pm »
"Thank you very much, Madam" the diligent halfling shopkeeper replied.
"I can tell you your trade credit in just a moment."
Tinpin flipped the pages in the shop log, did a quick equation, and announced, "you have 37,647 True in Trade Credit. enjoy your umbrella!"

thedagda

« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2011, 07:08:52 pm »
Leathan strolls through the shop, examining items at random until he comes upon the jewelry.  Trying on two rings he nods approvingly and deposits a bag of coins.  "Twenty four hundred and eighty eight True by my calculations with my credit of thirteen hundred and forty True for these two rings?"  

He shows Tinpin the two rings set with alexandrite.  "My calculations are correct, yes?"

//2 rings of foxes I

Riven

« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2011, 12:31:27 am »
Tinpin inspects the two rings and his eyes light up. "These are exciting rings aren't they? When I try them on my mind just lights up with so many novel ideas and new perspectives on old conundrums! A good choice Sir! And let's see...yes 2,288 True precisely! You have a good day, Sir."

Guardian 452

« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2011, 03:56:58 pm »
*Dot passes by the shop and drops off a few more items*

More goodies for ya!

*she sets the following on the counter (each placed in the proper chests)*

1 - Iron Shortsword
1- Walking Stick of the Heiropant
1- Bronze Buckler (small shield) *she makes sure to point out SHE made the shield so it SHOULD be worth more* ((lol yeah that's Dot))
1 - Summon Creature 1 scroll
2 - Web Scrolls

*she waits for her new total before heading out once more*

Oh and tell your finger wavin customers to get some of that Cra... er.. stuff out of the components chest... it's full!

Riven

« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2011, 05:15:22 pm »
Tinpin bustles over to the counter, ledger in hand. He bows respectfully to Dot, and shifts back and forth on his feet nervously as he inspects Dot's new delivery of goods.

"Greetings, Madam! Indeed it is a very nice buckler. The Bronze buckler is worth 500, as bronze is half of the value of iron. Perhaps when you become a famous smith you can etch your insignia onto everything you make, and then we can mark up the price due to your fame. Shortswords are popular, and this iron one is worth 1250 in trade credit. The scrolls are 992. The Walking Stick, well,..... I regret to inform you that we already have two of these in the Wood and Ranged chest, so we cannot accept a third. However as soon as someone chooses a Walking Stick of the Heirophant then we'd be glad to accept this one from you. This delivery gives you a trade value of 2,742, add this to your previous credit of 37,647 gives you a total trade credit of 40,389. Thank you for your business, Madam. And do come again soon!"