The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Looking for a few good men... and women  (Read 272 times)

Lynn1020

Looking for a few good men... and women
« on: September 24, 2008, 01:30:27 pm »
[SIZE=24][SIZE=18]*Amanda walks into the inn and with a smile on her face she clears a spot in the middle of the board and posts a parchment with neat handwriting. She tilts her head as she steps back with her hands on her hips and looks at it the note a moment making sure it is straight before turning to leave*[/SIZE][/B]

I have found myself in need of a couple of diamonds for a scroll I am wanting. So I am trying to plan a trip into the Rift to look for a few. There are areas we will travel that I will not be able use my magic, so we will be in need a few strong men and women that can fight without it. I will bring plenty of bandages and potions just in case any are wounded. I need two diamonds. Any diamonds, goods and coins found beyond that will be divided in the party on rolls.
[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=24]

[/SIZE][SIZE=24]I only ask that you be able to work with the group and travel ahead until everyone is ready. We can gather in Dalanther to meet each other and decide if we have enough to make the trip. Then discuss our travel tactics. [/SIZE][SIZE=24]

[/SIZE][SIZE=24]~Amanda Coyle~

[SIZE=18]//We can meet in Dalanther at 3pm PDT, 6pm EST. Thursday night. Everyone is welcome but must be willing to work with the group and no charging ahead. Sigh up here! :)[/SIZE]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

The following users thanked this post: lonnarin

lonnarin

Re: Looking for a few good men... and women
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 04:10:59 pm »
Oi lass, ye in luck!  I was planning something similar this weekend (friday, 9pm est) going to the rift to git diamonds with Timmulty to help him train his enchanting, and me my ringmaking.  We're going to try mining heavily this weekend, at least till I can manage to set poor Arkolio and Elinmire's rings, both of them looking for some intelligence boosting ones that I unfortunately had in stock.  In our trips we usually do round-robin divisions, meaning nobody gets a 2nd one until everybody at least gets one, with rolling done to see who gets theirs first, and keep mining till we all git some! hehehe!  Of course in yer led trip, feel free ter divide anyhow ye see fit.  I try puttin in extra hours make sure thar ah surplus ter work with, and nobody left out.  Usually we get maybe 5-10 a night or so if we're lucky, sometimes only 3 per trip, sometimes hit it big and get a dozen in one.  Don't really delve too too far past the rivers, cause the currents are quite deadly and here I am, 440lbs in a heavy platemail!  The spiders and giants not too big ah problem, the dark elfs we may need ah frontliner or two more just cause they can slip past meh.  Prolly bring Timulty the mage, Wee Willy the sharpshooter, Flynn the skald most trips, hoping Snagnor the Pieman show up too.

I heard good things about ye from me people, so ye be more than welcome ter coom along this friday, and I'll help ye on any other trips I can make mesself available for.  I prolly wont be able to make the one tomorrow night, since I work up until then, and it takes me about an hour or so after to get back home and settled in, but I might just lounge around Dalanthar side mining gold and topaz fer Timmy in case you making multiple trips, catch ye on the next one that night.

Also, ye said ye needin diamonds fer scrolls?  If by crushed diamond dust, I have ah good bag of mebbe 17 ounces worth ye kin just have outright.  I never use the stuff mesself, bue by Dorand, it's meh duty as his Defender ter make certain none of the valuable byproducts go ter waste.  Just say ah little prayer fer luck in the crafthall fer him ter help ye craftin afore ye use em, all I ask!

-Bjornigar Ironguts

Lynn1020

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 04:58:24 pm »
*Amanda stops by and checks on her notes. Her eyes light up and smiles with excitement as she sees the add note.*

Mr Bjornigar Ironguts

Thank you so much for you note!! I would love to come along with you.  I have not had the pleasure of meeting you but I do know Timulty. So even if I already have the diamonds I need before your trip, I would be happy to be of any help I can for you. I will keep an eye out around Dalanther when we return. We can also discuss the dust you have.

~Amanda

Kethryc

• Followers of Rofirein
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 08:04:41 pm »
Madam Amanda,

I have a copy of Mass haste for your viewing.  I ask 8000 true, but is you can help me obtain a ring of fox's intelligence II as MR Ironguts alluded too I'm sure we can come to another agreement.

Send me a note by familiar and we can meet and discuss.

Best Wishes,
Elinmire Thel'dinarae, Battlemage

Lynn1020

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008, 10:41:32 am »
*Amanda stops in and checks on her note for any more replies*

Lynn1020

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 05:27:46 pm »
*As Amanda finds enough tinder she begins to build a small fire in Dalanther and looks around nervously around wandering if anyone will show up. Then settles down next to the fire and opens her spell book and flips through the pages*

//meeting in about 30 mins and will hang out for a bit waiting for a couple that may be late.   If we don't have enough to go to the rift we can always do something else.  :)

Lynn1020

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2008, 08:34:27 pm »
*Amanda sits near the water in Dalanther with a smile on her face and rolls the two minerals around in one of her hands then scribbles a new note to put in place of the other old one*

Just want to say Thank you everyone that showed up and made the trip so successful!!  

Well except for Mr Storold's visitor! But hopefully we can meet up with Storold later and find out what that was all about!

~Amanda~

//Thanks for Arbiter for dropping in on the group.  It was a lot of fun!! The best part was no one died!!!  :) Again thanks to everyone that showed up!

Pibemanden

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2008, 01:03:08 pm »
*Storold places a note beneath Amandas note*

I would like to invite everyone who participated in this trip to discuss what really happened down there, we will be meeting at Willows Weep and stay and discuss as long as you have questions to ask.

*Signed*Storold Doesscha, Protector of the Al'Noth

//Event for discussing what happened

anything