The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Trading rings for boxes of  (Read 289 times)

Pibemanden

Trading rings for boxes of
« on: May 19, 2008, 11:44:03 am »
Are you a new adventurer and need some rings to become stronger on a certain field, look no further for a box of easialy obtainable goods you can get a brand new ring made. Please let me know in advance what kind of ring you want so I can pay you as soon as the box is done.

Rings avalible,

Bulls strength alexandrite in gold
Cats grace alexandrite in gold
Bears endurance alexandrite in gold
Fox's cunning alexandrite in gold
Owl's wisdom alexandrite in gold
Eagles splendour alexandrite in gold
//All +1 to given stat level 6 required

Platinium rings:
Greenstone  //+2 save increase vs. poison, level req. 5
Malachite  //+2 save increase vs. disease, level req. 5
Fire Agate  //+2 save increase vs. fire, level req. 5
Aventurine //+2 save increase vs. electricity, level req. 5
Phenalope  //+2 save increase vs. cold, level req. 5
Amethyst  //+2 save increase vs. acid, level req. 5
Feldspar  //+2 save increase vs. death, level req. 8
Garnet  //+2 save increase vs. mind affecting, level req. 8

Silver rings:
Alexandrite  //+4 skill Dicipline & Taunt, level req. 5
Topaz  //+4 skill Hide in Shadows & Move Silently, level req. 5
Sapphire //+4 skill Spellcraft & Concentration, level req. 5

Boxes required to get one of these rings

5 boxes of walnuts, one ring for each box, you don't have to gather all just let me know how many you will gather

*Signed*Storold Doesscha, Protector of the Al'Noth

The following users thanked this post: lonnarin, Pen N Popper, Riven, kizia

Riven

Re: Trading rings for boxes of
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 11:58:59 am »
*Riven pens a note*

Greetings Storold! I love seeing posters like this - that support the bold but novice adventurers! Bravo!

I met a young illiterate wemic, who was bored out of her mane in the cotton fields, and as best I could I passed on your message to her. She perked up considerably, and in her rambunctiousness tore quite a few rends in my cloak...all in play...she seems a lighthearted creature, somewhat different than most of her kind that I have met, granted that is few.

Not sure if she fully understood me, and I personally don't know where any walnut trees are, so....she went scampering off in search! And I didn't share my knowledge of the silks I am aware of, as it's rather dangerous and difficult to fill a box there...

At any rate, I described what you look like to her, and maybe....or maybe not....you'll meet her, scampering back and forth between the cotton fields and searching for walnut trees.

oh! She called herself Ashi. And seems she's learned a good bit of our language from traders before she even came to Mistone, though she cannot read. She's interested in rings that increase her strength and skill at playing musical instruments and "singing" (if you can call her meowing howling singing!).

Enjoy!
~Riven
Saddlebag Pawn and Twin Dragon Trading Goods
137 Leringard

Pibemanden

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 04:49:49 pm »
Only four boxes of walnuts left and three of silk, please contact me through letter to the Leringard Arms, note added here or try to find me which might be hard

lonnarin

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 05:02:19 pm »
Gloom shall provide: 1 box silk & 1 box walnuts

I will gather a box each of silk and walnuts to begin with.  Already I have been collecting them for profit, and yours is the best offer.  I will be wanting two rings of cat's grace in return.  When I have completed that order, we shall discuss the trading ratio of a matching amulet or any gloves you might have, or robes suitable for martial arts.  For now, I shall gather 1 of each for the initial contract and we will see from there.  My skills at stealth and evasion are great, but my time is limited, expect them to be gathered sometime around the week's end.

Due to the racial bigotry and weakling fear of the nobles in Hempstead, we will have to make the exchanges outside the city.  Let me know if this is acceptable to you.

-Kahzrag Gloom

*updates his posting*

The Walnuts are already done, should have the silk by tomorrow.

Lord Dark

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 10:28:24 pm »
*Writes with an unsteady hand*

I will supply a box of silk if you are still wanting more. I have one over halfway. I'd like a Cat's Grace ring.
-Tod

Pibemanden

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2008, 07:27:53 pm »
Only three boxes of walnuts more needed, and I am beginning to have the rings that people ask for ready so please seek me out when you have the boxes ready.

mumbles

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2008, 04:31:13 am »
I cud collect ye two boxes of walnuts lad bot oi benot interested in any of yerings instead if ye can manage it oime interested in a bag of dust dat oi can coat moi ormour in te resist der cold , fire or electric loike if ye could make one of dem and ye tink two boxes equal the value let me now ond oi gather dem for ye

Dan

lonnarin

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2008, 09:07:01 pm »
I shall pick you up a second box of walnuts by then.  It's almost full.  So be expecting 2 of walnuts and one of silk.  I ask for 2 dexterity rings for the first two boxes, and the third one, perhaps a strengthening ring for heavy lifting.  I should be done collecting all three sometime this evening and will have them ready for you first thing tomorrow morning, barring any strange occurances.  If you don't have a strength ring right at the moment, do not worry.  I asked around about you and know those of your profession to be men of their word.

-Brother Gloom

-------------
the 2nd box of walnuts is now collected.  Since I'm in the are working on another order of angelica, I will likely start on a third one tonight, and my feet are ever so quick.  The cross-collecting have been good for the cranberry supply, since I'm already in the area.  Seek me at your earliest convenience or send word to the banker at Mariner's hold when you wish to relieve me of the toil of these heavy walnuts.  The spiders I should have by tomorrow morning... many have been gathering silk in this time period.  We shall meet soon, Paladin.

-Brother Gloom

------

The third box is halfway done.  It shall eb done by tonight, Gloom swears it!  I have the time to write you this note, because I am ever so dedicated, and fleet of foot.  The walnuts do not have time to sew their progeny, I collect the ripening things faster than they grow!

---------------------
Two thirds done... you will have your THIRD box of walnuts yet!

Praise the prosperous work ethic of Gloom!  No sooner than you return to check your mail do you have buckets and buckets of walnuts at your disposal.  Truly he is a gatherer beyond comparison!

-------------------------

Storold!  I ahve gathered THREE boxes of walnuts for you and a box of silk.  We must meet, for I must gather more items, and these are growing heavy...

Find me as soon as you can!

-Gloom

Pibemanden

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2008, 11:04:17 am »
I will try to find you and everyone else who has completed boxes of various things as soon as I am able, sadly I am a bit busy right now but I will try being around the fields outside Hempstead.

//Sorry but I am not around too much this weekend but hopefully we can meet up at some point

merlin34baseball

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2008, 12:55:43 pm »
*tacks up a note*

Mr. Storold,

I should soon have the two boxes of walnuts and the box of silk we corresponded about.

Signed,
Chaynce Baldu'muur

Pibemanden

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2008, 06:30:08 pm »
*Storold comes by and adjusts the message*

I found out I needed way more silk than I thought, the amounts have been updated.

I now need five boxes of walnuts and six of silk

LordCove

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2008, 06:24:09 am »
*a note tacked up*

Mr Storold

Dad said you might be handy.

I will gather a box of Silk and a Box of Walnuts

I would like two Rings of Owl's Wisdom

Trouble Tempest
* a monkey's handprint underneath*

stragen

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2008, 07:53:11 am »
A true kin mentioned your name.  Silk is within my abilities.  I will gather three boxes in exchange for two rings and one amulet.

*Signed*

Gladyus

Pibemanden

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2008, 07:59:07 am »
*Storold looks over the post and shakes his head slightly*

I am afraid that silk is no longer needed, I am sorry but I can only accept walnuts for rings at this point

LordCove

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2008, 09:34:48 am »
Then just the one Ring of Widsom for me Mr Storold... for now

Trouble
*a monkeys handprint*

Pibemanden

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2008, 09:43:48 am »
Trouble, I have counted your silk into the amount that I needed so I would still like a box from you

anything