The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: a notice goes up at random inns  (Read 355 times)

scifibarbie

a notice goes up at random inns
« on: February 16, 2008, 03:17:15 pm »
*A pink haired girl can be seen posting a notice on random notice boards throughout Dregar and Mistone as she travels. She seems very angry and upset, and is crying often..

Upon reading the notice (or if they cant), many ask her about it..she tells them what she was told by the aeridinites, especialy to the half-races and mixed couples she meets...

FOR THOSE MIXED RACE COUPLES AND THEIR CHILDREN

Know the truth of why you cannot have children!

Aeridin says we are corruptions of the world. That after thousands of years of life he is finally setting right the world and ending the chaos our existence sows!

We are not meant to be a part of the natural cycle....we are abominations to be eradicated! Born out of existence...if you are a mixed blood then your presence is an abomination to his natural order! If your a mixed couple, then you will not be allowed to create a corruption!

I say after thousands of years we are a part of nature's cycle! We are natural and how dare he attack us unjustly!

Ask the head priests of aeridin for the truth of it if you doubt!

The following users thanked this post: EdTheKet

Stephen_Zuckerman

Re: a notice goes up at random inns
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 03:33:32 pm »
*The following notice is tacked on to the bottom of all but the most remote postings.*

We are not abomination - merely the products of a grace which the Lifegiver no longer affords mortals. The union between elf and man, or halfling and gnome, or mortal and outsider - these are not natural things. Never have they been, but Aeridin granted us the ability to join with one another to create new life.

Great and terrible things have happened in the past hundred years. The war with Sinthar Bloodstone, the coming of the Dark Times, the spread of plague and the return of dragons to Layonara...

These things were not without cost. The cost of one such event was the Lifegiver's blessing between the races - now, it is the sanctity of Life as much as the Cycle that is vital. Just as life leads to death, so, too, must life be kept uncorrupted by unnatural change.

I am half elven, and half human. I know your pain, and wept with grief when I first learned of the Lifegiver's will in this, for I will never father a child. But on long meditation, and many weeks of prayer, I have come to understand.

Many will never understand; I wish that I could truly give you that comprehension.

But know this: Aeridin does not "attack" anyone, in this fact that has now been with us for many years. His blessing, so long taken for granted, was revoked. A difficult period of acceptance lies ahead of us, especially those for whom life's road is long.

Know that I share your plight, yet know, too, that the reasons for this change are not in petty or cruel intent. It is Aeridin's will, for the betterment of Life.

~ Ceviren Lightstaff, Healer of Aeridin

thedagda

Re: a notice goes up at random inns
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 05:26:45 pm »
*passing through on her way to the kitchen, Tariana stops and re-reads the notice*  "Abomination!"  

*her anger quickly subsides and a twisted smile appears, as she continues on the kitchen, she can be heard to say*  "At least now I may be able to get some rest, Benjamin will certainly have better things to be doing."

anything